of     4   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Friaza
#137045218Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:41 AM GMT

Ever since a few days ago, the ROBLOX updates that were released with the new Animations have completely ruined the game I learnt scripting to make in 2009. This is the third Naruto game I've made that they broke, and there's literally nothing I can do about it. Here is gameplay of my game one month ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0wPVROhp0g Here is gameplay of my game from two days ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqDYT9_UMGc I've noticed lag issues on many games recently such as SFOTH, but nothing compared to this. The intro sometimes froze mid-intro, the character selection doesn't work or takes a long time to function, then sometimes you only half turn into the character and even if you do get on to the battlefield, as you can see the latter video, your attacks are inconsistent, things freeze up, sometimes your opponent lags out for a while, sometimes scripts just break or lag occurs and you get hit by something you didn't see hit you. When I open up the game in studio now, I see characters floating with the new walk Animation playing until I drag and move them with the studio movement tool. When I choose a character, ROBLOX Studio crashes despite this working in game. I have tried backdating the game to days, weeks and months ago to no avail, tried other versions of the game, verified I don't have loadstring enabled/filtering enabled turned on etc, made sure I don't have any viruses by going through every item in every folder using my anti-virus and manually, checked my PC for viruses using AVG and malwarebytes to verify that all the effects I saw were correct, gotten other players to post footage of the bugs to verify they experienced the same bugs... I have 1,619 versions of the game starting from 2011, although my previous Naruto games are just as broken in different ways, in the version history. According to the version history I have updated daily since making the game. This excludes the period of early 2009- december 2010 in which I worked on my first two Naruto games. I actually learned to program just to make a balanced Naruto game and have spent all of my spare time over the last 5 years working towards this goal of making a very complicated but amazingly fun fighting game for free. And now it's been broken for days and all I've gotten is sassy replies indicating this is my fault. Many of my games players have began to hate me for not 'fixing' this, but there is nothing I can do to fix it, studio literally just crashes when I pick a character, nothing seems out of the ordinary and even versions from a year ago are broken. I've felt, recently, deterred from working on new projects due to ROBLOX's limitations, for example in the Shingeki no kyojin game I was making, I discovered that making the titan play Animations was impossible. http://www.roblox.com/btest-place?id=152664981 Making a next generation bomb strategy fighting game, I discovered several ignored bugs forcing me to spend a month trying to figure out that bug and lose motivation on the project, worried that if I mentioned it, I would receive hate for it being my fault, when I finally discovered it was in fact a ROBLOX Animation/weld bug, it went ignored and, yeah. Regenerating terrain is impossible too, so if the bombs destroy the terrain, I'd have to close the server every game or people would make holes in the map. I'm now working on a new game that will definitely be the next big thing, due to it being mainstream. But I now know for a fact that ROBLOX will continue to carelessly break games I've spent 5 years from the age of 14 and then treat me like an idiot, sure I don't make murder games, so what? The ROBLOX blogs have inflated the ego of so many ROBLOX Devs that they think because they teleport empty character models with ragdoll death onto a map with a knife, they're breaking the limits of ROBLOX. My games DO break the limits of ROBLOX, and as I mentioned in the latter video, is why MY games are the ones affected the most by careless updates, which causes me to complain due to me receiving harassment from my fans. When I joined ROBLOX I was a fit, healthy young athletic bright guy with a lot of friends. Now I go outside for less than 6 hours a week, spend all my time in door, am scared of society, all my old friends have the impression I make drag and drop games on a kids sight and laughed at me in our last meet-up. My family shares the same views, because ROBLOX on search calls its Lua engine and game hub website a 'Building toy for kids'. Other scripters either sit on the forums treating others like dirt, or make tests that never come to fruition or make mainstream games and watch their ego go through the roof as they with 6 Bloxyawards and receive a blog post every month for half a year, I just wanted to make the best fighting game in the world. I was hoping in my head, that the updates had some known bugs that would effect many games and get undone and fixed, like usual, but I honestly feel it may just be sabotage because I had promised my fans 5 new characters if I won a bloxy award, and all of them voted, I believe I was going to win, and to avoid this an admin sabotaged me or something. This game is my life. It's like a child to me. I've spent my entire teenage life making this game, most of the people who play it claim to only access ROBLOX because of this game, and it's also makes a large part of my income, as a game I spent over 10,000 hours on should. I had to stop selling all the game passes because it would count as a scam just selling them in the game, when the game is this broken. What am I supposed to do? I have no friends, no acquaintances, no allies, no life, no game. Any game I make will just be broken. I feel very empty. It's weird though, I thought I would be angry, but I kind of don't care, I'm forcing myself to care because part of my doesn't want to give up on the one hope I have left. I've given up. I dropped out of my BHOns computer games development course because I was being bullied, used by 'friends' to do their work and because ROBLOX doubled DevEx money and I could make a living from it. Now I have no course, no future, no game, no respect, no friends, nothing. So empty
Friaza
#137046869Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:11 AM GMT

Sorry if this post is a little depressing. I'm just a little down because it's starting to sink in that if nobody else is having the issues my game is, my game could be broken forever. Anyway, the new game I'm working on is 'Prop Hunt' http://www.roblox.com/Friazas-Place-Number-45-place?id=158364156 But unless ROBLOX fixes NSUNS3, I'll be forced to just focus on keeping Martial Arts Battle Arena alive until I can make good Unity games and get a part time job.
Fraxien
#137047947Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:36 AM GMT

TL;DR But also, if this is just about your game having problems, it doesn't belong in the S&I forum. If it contains something that would help stop the issue, then please paraphrase it and put it in a comment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8
fulker43453453421
#137048616Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:51 AM GMT

Friaza, a while ago I said some real hateful things to you but I just want you to know that this isn't the only thing you have left. ROBLOX isn't attacking you, I promise. It's just that ROBLOX tends to break things a ton and make a lot of game breaking updates (like the hopperbins and local scripts) and cause a ton of chaos for the game developers just so they can fix one thing, even if it is minor. You have a life, and you have people who love you (this is sounding real lovey-dovey) but in all seriousness, you do. Your game is incredible and It's even more incredible it has stayed alive for as long as it has, If ROBLOX is affecting your real life then you should just leave it or spend less time on it, though I understand that can be very hard. Good luck, man. If you wanna hit me up anymore, my skype is krankios.
Friaza
#137081554Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:22 PM GMT

I don't understand why everybody on the forums gets the impression that the OP has no idea what they're talking about or that they have a superior outlook. 1. This is the right forum 2. Don't put your YouTube account as your signature 3. Neither of you are above me, so don't talk down to me. 4. Thanks, but I know that I have people. 5. This is my job, please don't treat me like some kind of addict for doing my job. 7. I don't need your judgmental under-thought 10 year old opinions on my life, unless you're an Admin, either don't reply to this or take a step back.
IronForumer
#137081678Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:24 PM GMT

Your game is broken.. and this is the wrong forum for it.
Friaza
#137081845Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:26 PM GMT

Excuse me, how many forum posts do you have? I have 6002. Please elaborate on which forum is better. I don't appreciate sniveling 10 year olds telling me I'm on the wrong forum when this is the only forum that applies to the situation as they removed the complaints forum about a year ago. Please think before you post, your stupidity is annoying and not appreciated.
IronForumer
#137081902Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:26 PM GMT

1. This is the right forum No, it's suggestions for ROBLOX features. 2. Don't put your YouTube account as your signature He can if he wants to, it's allowed. 3. Neither of you are above me, so don't talk down to me. That's harsh. They're not above you just because they can't make a game? BS. 5. This is my job, please don't treat me like some kind of addict for doing my job. It may be your job, but he can say whatever he wants because he has freedom of speech. 7. I don't need your judgmental under-thought 10 year old opinions on my life, unless you're an Admin, either don't reply to this or take a step back. It's called opinions, he has the right to state whatever he wants to say, and you can't change that unless your an admin.
Friaza
#137082039Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:28 PM GMT

You're calling ROBLOX breaking my entire game a suggestion for ROBLOX feature? And your other points are nonsensical, get lost or I'll have you banned for harassment.
IronForumer
#137082279Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:31 PM GMT

You're calling ROBLOX breaking my entire game a suggestion for ROBLOX feature? It's the wrong forum, I stated what it's for, moron. And your other points are nonsensical, get lost or I'll have you banned for harassment. And this can get CDed/locked/moved for wrong forum.
t_exan
#137082578Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:34 PM GMT

TL;DR Can't people put there stuff in the right forum...
PachirisuPlusEmolga
#137083204Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:41 PM GMT

Honestly people, you someone is hurting, stop acting like jerks and hammering them down even more. Anyway. I really don't know what advice I could offer to as I've never really been in a situation like this before, but all I can say is don't let these people get to you. No matter how negative these people may act just remember that they have their own issues and their way of making them feel better is by pulling apart another person. You're one of the most kindest and humorous peoples I've met on Roblox and I all I can say is don't let people beat you down, you CAN overcome this. Have a positive outlook and push through because if you don't believe in yourself than you have lost all hope, if you can believe you can achieve and once you achieve you can mold your talent into something bigger and better.
PachirisuPlusEmolga
#137083533Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:45 PM GMT

This IS in the right forum because he's suggesting to Roblox that they need to change their marketing that it's for kids, because the only real people that currently achieve anything spectacular are teenagers+ Not to mention the fact they broke a groundbreaking game that was fully functional and had its own terms, fanbase/playerbase, income etc. It was enough to be a fully sustainable game. You people would have known that if you took the time to read the post fully. Don't make assumptions that somethings in the wrong place if you only read 2 or 3 lines of it.
Fraxien
#137083699Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:47 PM GMT

TL;DR But also, [ [[[[if this is just about your game having problems, it doesn't belong in the S&I forum.]]]]] [[If it contains something that would help stop the issue, then please paraphrase it and put it in a comment.]] And by the way, it is not my youtube account is a video I post whenever do TL;DR. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8
Fraxien
#137083811Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:48 PM GMT

By the way, Hello, IronForumer, (AKA Buddy033 on sal's server. >:) )
IronForumer
#137084448Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:54 PM GMT

This isn't the right forum, as saying "fix my game" isn't a suggestion, and doesn't belong here. Also, how are we tearing the OP down? All they're saying is "I have more forum posts than you" and "you're not above me, quit talking down to me" which implies they have a very large ego. (Also, hi Frax :P)
GameStopSponsor
#137084624Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:55 PM GMT

This is the right forum, don't get it wrong, but I'd go ahead and send it again the the Help forum just for good measure. There isn't much I can say, as I am not the avid scripter. Couldn't you use the animation editor and construct your own animations to use for your game, thereby giving it a more unique feel? I will be honest, I kind of skimmed your original post due to the first section being the majority of what you're saying. I don't think you game is broken forever, as there is a possible way to fix it; there always is. At least try out what I suggested first, and if the issue is still present, talk to me again. I understand a simple animation fix-up won't make it 100% playable again. Silly bird; seeds are for farming!
Firebeats121
#137084853Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:58 PM GMT

Its called (robloxian) politics. If you get enough people on your side friaza, they will fix this animation bug. You just got to find supporters now. Best of luck with Roblox Politics.
IronForumer
#137084962Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:59 PM GMT

It would be the right forum if they could elaborate on what exactly was broken, and how ROBLOX could fix it. Other than that, this is just saying "my game is broken, fix it".
Firebeats121
#137085179Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:01 PM GMT

Iron its kinda hard to fix something that you don't have access to. Maybe a suggestion to have a feature to turn off animations in a game?
t_exan
#137085275Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:02 PM GMT

I didn't read, but now I did, he'll your life us depressing. Sorry if that sounded mean. I can't say much, no one but you actually understands the actual stuff so I won't say much. Well, I don't know what to say now, it's so sad. Well, have a good day
PachirisuPlusEmolga
#137085314Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:03 PM GMT

"Its called (robloxian) politics. If you get enough people on your side friaza, they will fix this animation bug. You just got to find supporters now. Best of luck with Roblox Politics." The truth has been spoken.
Fraxien
#137085629Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:07 PM GMT

Saying "Please fix my game.", is not a suggestion for the whole of ROBLOX. And also, just because you have over 6000 forum posts doesn't mean you cannot make a mistake and put it in the wrong forum. I'm not talking down to you, but I will never talk up to you either. We are all equals on here (Except for maybe the mods/admins. They can control almost everything on ROBLOX. ((ALMOST)) ). ',===,'
mpk5lmao
#137085934Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:11 PM GMT

Well,i was in studio and fixing my hxh game,the only help i can offer is the scripts are not loading fast enph,its sad that they make updates knowing fullwell that its going to break game.I was veryupset with them removeing localplayer from a normal script.Annyway i can say is that i my self am tired.i will be back on latter with more.
itachixsharingan
#137087281Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:27 PM GMT

Iron you really don't get what is going on do you? It's not just "fix my game" it's showing to roblox that what they've done can have sever problems towards the games that are being made. Really first think beyond what's written here. Don't act like you know a lot. Be happy that Friaza is an example of this problem and he's trying to show it towards roblox so they can find something to fix it?

of     4   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right