of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

1waffle1
#1419853Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:30 PM GMT

Building Tutorials! Learn everything about ROBLOX Studio and how to build here! How to get to ROBLOX Studio: Go to Start then go to All Programs. They are all in ABC Order so look for ROBLOX in R. Click on it then there’s Play ROBLOX and ROBLOX Studio. Click on ROBLOX Studio and your there! Then visit your place in Edit, and there you are! Go to View then Explorer. Click on Explorer, Output, and Properties (Unless they’re already there.) Then you have all of the useful things. ROBLOX Studio-The easy way. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ How to get to the tool you want: Use your mouse and just hover over all of the little icons up at the top of your screen. Find the certain tool you want, and click on it! Simple, eh? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The icon tools: Resize: Select the Resize tool and click on a brick. You have blue dots surrounding the brick now. Click and drag one of the blue dots, and that will change the bricks size! It’s easy! Wouldn’t you rather resize a brick then have 1,000,000 1x2x4 bricks? Drag: Click on the Drag icon and simply just hold down the mouse on the brick and drag it! So easy! You can click and drag (An open space where there isn’t anything to select.) and select multiple bricks at the same time, like when you can select multiple icons on your main page. (Internet explorer, ROBLOX, ect.) You can also hold down Ctrl and click on more than one brick. Then you selected multiple bricks, and you can move them all at the same time! No grouping! No dragging! Move on axis: You get little orange arrows around the brick. Click and drag one of the arrows to move the brick. This may be better then the Drag icon in some situations. Lock: Select the Lock icon and click on a brick. When you click on the brick, it becomes locked, like the starter Empty Base plate. That means that you can’t copy/move/delete/select it. If you want to select it/make it un-locked, just click on it again! The locked arrow (When your arrow looks like the Locked icon.) Changes if it’s locked or un-locked, so you can tell better. Or you can just take the arrow out of Locked in properties. Anchored: Make it so that the brick can’t fall/move. If the brick is anchored, no amount of force whatsoever can move it, but that’s force. The Move tool just automatically moves it. There’s no force there, but I mean like touching it or walking into it. It will not fall. It also has a different arrow. It looks like an anchor. If it’s just a plain anchor and you click on a brick, which anchors the brick. If it has a red circle cross around it, it un-locks it if you click. Fill With Color: Simply click on the icon, click on a color, and then click on a brick! Then that brick just changes to your selected color. Pick Color: If you click on a brick, then your selected Fill With Color’s color just changes to the clicked bricks color. You don’t really need this tool too much though... Changing the bricks surface: Select one of the Surface changing icons, and then just click on the surface of the brick that you want to change! Useful Surfaces: Smooth: Make the surface smooth, so inlets and studs don’t stick on it. Weld: Stick a brick on a welded surface, and they are stuck together. Inlet: Stick an Inlet surface onto studs, and it sticks like Weld. Studs/Inlet/Smooth: Also can be used for looks. Hinge on surface: Put a brick on a hinge, and then if it’s un-anchored, you can make it spin. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Velocity: Velocity makes things move when they touch the brick. Set a bricks Velocity in properties, but it will not work if the brick is anchored, and the bricks Velocity will go back to 0, 0, 0 if you move it. (Outside of a Model.) Just change the bricks Velocity and put something on the brick. The higher the Velocity, the faster it goes! Its all x, y, and z coordinate. X is horizontal, Y is vertical and Z is horizontal, the other way. You can figure out which way the Velocity is goanna move a brick by testing it. To test it, just walk on it or put an un-anchored brick on it. 1 is slow. 100 is fast. 1,000,000 is noobish and will throw you so far, you won’t even see it. 16 is how fast you normally walk. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Glass/Water: If you want to make something see through or go through, that is also something that you can find in Properties. Get the check out of Can Collide in the bricks Properties and change its Transparency to something between 0 and 1. (0.4 is good for water and glass.) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Lava: If you want to make a lava/killing brick, then you need to learn some Lua scripting. Make a function onTouched killing script. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Tools/Weapons: To keep a weapon/tool and make it so every player starts with it, then insert it in ROBLOX Studio. Then it asks you if you want to put it into the Starter Pack. (If it’s a tool that you hold.) If it’s not a tool that you hold, then it just automatically goes straight to Starter Pack. (Like Delete or Reset.) If you want to make a tool, then you need to learn some Lua scripting. If you do it in Solo mode, then it inserts it in front of you, and you can just click and drag it in Explorer to the Starter Pack. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Amount of Players in a room: To change the amount of players to let in per server, just go in Explorer to Players and change Max Players to the number of players you want per server! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Making your place popular: There really is no way to make your place popular, unless people like it. If there’s anyone at all in your place, it goes into Games. The more people there, the farther toward the 1st page ya go. The more people there, the more people come. The more people come, the richer you are! Reading = Knowledge = building = cool places = people = money = hats = respect = Fun! Reading = Fun! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Changing a bricks shape/more: If you want to change a bricks shape, you have a very little amount of things like that in properties under Shapes. Ball, Brick, Cylinder. Well, if you want even more choices, there’s some things to click on up top above all of the icons. Where is says Tools, View, Edit, ECT. Well, select the brick, then click on Insert. It gives you some options there. Click on Object and you get a ton of words and pictures. Click on Special Mesh. Now you inserted something into the brick called Mesh. Mesh: To change the bricks shape, you use the Mesh. You can change the Mesh shape by doing it in Properties. Just change the shape, and look at the brick! It changed! There is also Mesh Scale. Change those numbers to make the mesh LOOK bigger, but its still the same size. So you can make it look like a wedge is going through a Brick! (Useful, but not much.) Sparkles: Just insert Sparkles into the brick, and watch it sparkle away! (This isn’t really USEFUL, but it looks cool.) Click Detector: Inserts a Click Detector into a brick, but you need to have a function onClicked() script. Script: Inserts a Script into the brick. You need to learn Lua to use it though. It’s the main source of ROBLOX. Scripting is Power. ForceField: Just like when you respawn. That blue and red glowy thing. It makes you invincible until it goes away, but its just on a brick now. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ --{1waffle1}— The VectorWaffle. Hope I helped!
1waffle1
#1421670Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:28 PM GMT

!*!BUMP!*!
atreyuslipknot
#1421711Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:30 PM GMT

how u get a car tool that works when u hit y?
acejut
#1426631Friday, June 20, 2008 3:29 AM GMT

0.0 srry that text dazed me did u note sumthin about bodythrust i dont know how to do that
makecheng
#1427541Friday, June 20, 2008 5:40 AM GMT

very thourough, i knew all this but didnt feel like making a giant tuorial, fianlly a tutorial :)
1waffle1
#1427920Friday, June 20, 2008 9:32 AM GMT

This is only some. I have it in MSWord. Im goanna make it BIG. Im a rlly good typer, and a really good teacther. Ill put in stuff about BodyGyro and Plane stuff.
1waffle1
#1427921Friday, June 20, 2008 9:32 AM GMT

teatcher*
1waffle1
#1427922Friday, June 20, 2008 9:33 AM GMT

TEACHER** that looks better now...
obliveon22
#1428128Friday, June 20, 2008 11:51 AM GMT

Atreyuslipknot , wrong section.
1waffle1
#1444312Saturday, June 21, 2008 2:09 PM GMT

*)(!(BUMP)!)(*
1waffle1
#1446620Saturday, June 21, 2008 5:34 PM GMT

BUMPA!
1waffle1
#1450382Saturday, June 21, 2008 9:41 PM GMT

bumparoo
o7734
Top 100 Poster
#1450471Saturday, June 21, 2008 9:47 PM GMT

So, you're a rlly good typer? As apposed to a really good typer, I suppose.
1waffle1
#1453478Sunday, June 22, 2008 1:15 AM GMT

I am a very good typer.
yamiangels
#1454530Sunday, June 22, 2008 2:17 AM GMT

thnk you very much u helped me a bunch now i just havr to start making and fixing my place...
yamiangels
#1454569Sunday, June 22, 2008 2:20 AM GMT

can u make more tutorials i need alot of helo i joined a few 2 or 4 months ago plz make more!!!
yamiangels
#1454574Sunday, June 22, 2008 2:20 AM GMT

help*
dabrouhaha
#1456500Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:57 AM GMT

~*BUMP*~
dabrouhaha
#1456513Sunday, June 22, 2008 7:00 AM GMT

1waffle1 You should make a WEBSITE and post that there so we all can read it...... a good name would be like ROBLOXBUILDTUT.net ~Dabrouhaha~
1waffle1
#1461597Sunday, June 22, 2008 7:09 PM GMT

Im still not done with it on MS Word. Its rlly long. I hope somone like a moderator makes it a sticky and posts it at the top so it cal help 1,000s of people when I finish. The most helpful thing ever is caps, punctuation and commas. I use it all.
24nascarsean
#1480984Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:21 AM GMT

How do you delete tools from starter pack?
brownie5
#1482090Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:31 AM GMT

This is something I really wonder.... I have tools I keep in Solo Mode, but how can I make them go on Online and not lose them when I die?
1waffle1
#1485192Tuesday, June 24, 2008 11:04 AM GMT

Its all with the Starter Pack. In Edit, you just drag the tool in Explorer to the Starter Pack! Simple. Then you get a dull little box in the bottom left corner of the screen, and daz da toolz.
1waffle1
#1546373Saturday, June 28, 2008 12:19 AM GMT

Bumpah! *carz... Buhmpa carz... -.__.-*
iguana72
#1546661Saturday, June 28, 2008 12:39 AM GMT

hey waffle why do you keep saying that?

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right