of     11   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

mrbobbilly
#148077015Friday, October 17, 2014 12:49 AM GMT

Taken directly from the blog. So I read the post and it looks like theyre ruining the friend list. Theyre changjng it completely in 3 weeks. Those who are not in the best friend area will not be in the friend list, but will be replaced in the followers. And will be listed by names in alphabetical order. I do not like this because followers just means that they are not your friends but just fans.. and really, alphabet orders? I want to see the first friend I made and the recent ones I made friends with. You can see the rest of the article at blog.roblox.com... process. Read on to see what this means for the future of ROBLOX. Friends and Followers To start, let’s explain how we’re updating Friends and Best Friends to make for a better social experience. We’re introducing new social connections, known as Friends and Followers, in approximately three weeks. What is a Friend? Friends are established when two ROBLOX users mutually agree to friendship. To start, there will be a maximum of 200 Friends per user. This is a conservative number that will change as we roll out new features that demonstrate high performance at ROBLOX scale, and a manageable starting point for making meaningful connections. To compare this number to another gaming platform, Steam currently allows a maximum cap of 250 friends, and friends are established in the same way: when both parties agree to make the connection. Eventually, we aim to exceed this limit. What is a Follower? Followers, on the other hand, are established when one person wants to know what another user is doing and saying, even though he or she may not expressly know that user. You can follow an unlimited number of players. Think of this as being similar to following someone you find interesting on a social network, such as Twitter. Both Friend and Follower activity will populate the Feed on your home page.
LegendaryBladeKiller
#148077282Friday, October 17, 2014 12:52 AM GMT

Yes, I hate it! Support.
Acaena
#148079070Friday, October 17, 2014 1:15 AM GMT

bump Support.
Nachodair
#148079239Friday, October 17, 2014 1:18 AM GMT

dafuq now I will never be able to get all my old friends who don't play back.
b_owie
#148080762Friday, October 17, 2014 1:38 AM GMT

#GetRidOfFollowers
Suffixed
#148081385Friday, October 17, 2014 1:45 AM GMT

They must be trying to turn ROBLOX into the next Facebook or something. Recently, a block feature came out and now they're introducing followers, not to mention that the Best Friends limit has been up'd to 200. Just.. ridiculous.
IthacaMedia
#148086080Friday, October 17, 2014 2:51 AM GMT

Where in the blog article does it say the friends/followers will be alphabetized?
Acaena
#148090331Friday, October 17, 2014 4:02 AM GMT

bump
iwishforpie1
#148090512Friday, October 17, 2014 4:05 AM GMT

"reads blog post" -> PRIVATE SERVER WITH FRIENDS *HYPEEEEEE* but then, we have no best friends. now our so called true actual best friends will be called people I stalk... Support
Jepector
#148092457Friday, October 17, 2014 5:01 AM GMT

I actually support and do not this... Here's why. ------------------ Pros: >Make private servers. >You can only have certain people know where you are, what you're doing, etc... >No one can stalk you. (Unless there a best friend) ------------------- Cons: >There's already a block feature. Therefore is someone's stalking you, you can block that user. >You can't have more than 200 friends. I disagree with this strongly, Roblox was built on this friend system. (Anyone notice ever since the Co-Founder died a lot of weird updates have come out?)
kananikaa
#148092493Friday, October 17, 2014 5:02 AM GMT

i accept every roblox update with open arms
Jepector
#148092504Friday, October 17, 2014 5:02 AM GMT

In other words.... KEEP IT THE SAME.
Petalrose5454
#148092657Friday, October 17, 2014 5:08 AM GMT

bump i r8 it 8/8, support m8 ~you just got petal'ded~
Zea_Nova
#148092744Friday, October 17, 2014 5:11 AM GMT

Bump!
mrbobbilly
#148123303Friday, October 17, 2014 10:15 PM GMT

Gotta bump this so people will know about this upcoming update.
mrbobbilly
#148123514Friday, October 17, 2014 10:18 PM GMT

And yes, I knew there are stupid and worthless updates ever since eric cassel died of lung cancer. The only good update was dynamic lighting. The most useless update is the player shadows... really roblox? A circle for player shadows? And then the friend list update being alphabetized a-z and the people not in your best friend list will be followers and not friends... Roblox wants us to be picky in who is our friends now... 200 friends max too?! You got to be freaking kidding me.
mrbobbilly
#148123686Friday, October 17, 2014 10:21 PM GMT

And those who supported actually dont support the update if anyone got confused. Theyre just supporting to not wanting this to happen, but sadly it will... Roblox is turning into a facebook and twitter and tumblr wannabe site...
mrbobbilly
#148123750Friday, October 17, 2014 10:22 PM GMT

I shoudlve revised the post into "say support to delay this update" to make the post more clear
mrbobbilly
#148124052Friday, October 17, 2014 10:28 PM GMT

Should I mention the private servers will be best friends only access if it does come? Meaning none of your friends that arent on your best friends list arent technically your friends at all since theyre not on the list. Even if the best friend list is full.
mrbobbilly
#148124165Friday, October 17, 2014 10:30 PM GMT

Heh, roblox will probably even make party chat available for best friends only. Say my close friend halodudefarts12 I knew since 2009 is on my best friend list, but he didnt add me on his list, we cant make party chat together since only one of us have each other on a best friend list
mrbobbilly
#148124238Friday, October 17, 2014 10:32 PM GMT

Lets just pray none of these will happen excluding the best friend and followers update since its already been made and will come out in 3 weeks... lets use the current friend list to its most until it gets replaced.
mrbobbilly
#148124713Friday, October 17, 2014 10:39 PM GMT

I should also mention that if you have over 2000 friends, might as well write their usernames on a paper because a half of them all will be deleted since you will have a max of 200 friends. I use to write down username I made friends with long time ago and I had 3 pages front and back. Yeah I had a ton of friends on JockJuly before I got hacked...
mrbobbilly
#148125128Friday, October 17, 2014 10:45 PM GMT

Taken directly from the blog article if youre too lazy to head there. Skip to Responses Prev One of our key focuses for the remainder of 2014 and 2015 is reshaping social interactions — making them more meaningful and more functional — on ROBLOX. We hear your feedback. We know you want to be able to establish worthwhile connections with other people. We know you want you to be able to easily play games in private servers with your friends. We know you want to be able to make games that leverage players’ networks for gameplay and competition. To make this happen, we have to rethink our existing Friends and Best Friends systems, and modify them so they work better — so they’re more meaningful. Today, we’re kicking off that process. Read on to see what this means for the future of ROBLOX. Friends and Followers To start, let’s explain how we’re updating Friends and Best Friends to make for a better social experience. We’re introducing new social connections, known as Friends and Followers, in approximately three weeks. What is a Friend? Friends are established when two ROBLOX users mutually agree to friendship. To start, there will be a maximum of 200 Friends per user. This is a conservative number that will change as we roll out new features that demonstrate high performance at ROBLOX scale, and a manageable starting point for making meaningful connections. To compare this number to another gaming platform, Steam currently allows a maximum cap of 250 friends, and friends are established in the same way: when both parties agree to make the connection. Eventually, we aim to exceed this limit. What is a Follower? Followers, on the other hand, are established when one person wants to know what another user is doing and saying, even though he or she may not expressly know that user. You can follow an unlimited number of players. Think of this as being similar to following someone you find interesting on a social network, such as Twitter. Both Friend and Follower activity will populate the Feed on your home page. Why transition to Friends and Followers? At ROBLOX scale, we operate with more than 4 million active players every month. Today, we’re looking at the social experience through a new set of lenses. ROBLOX players have told us time and again that we should offer a more comprehensive social experience. You should be able to play and join games with your Friends. You should be able to gauge how you’re doing, in any game, in relation to your Friends. Developers should be able to create games with social aspects in mind — we will be giving developers much more robust APIs to utilize. Basically, Friends should be able to play and compete with Friends. The Friends and Followers system opens the doors to a ton of improvements and possibilities. Playing with friends and managing your friends list is a lot simpler.Developers will have more meaningful control over permissions for games and private servers by using Friends as a filter. They can always choose to allow Followers, as well.Developers have the ability to create friends-only leaderboards based on Points earned and in-game Friend leaderboards.A more intelligent and meaningful feed that can filter between Friends and Followers.A more robust partying system. Imagine being able to play Apocalypse Rising with 15 of your friends on a private server. That’s where we’re heading. What this means for you Today we’ve implemented the first in a series of changes that will improve your social experience on ROBLOX. The first switch — which allows you to now have a total of 200 Best Friends — has been flipped. This is very important because, in three weeks, when we launch Friends and Followers, your existing Best Friends will become your Friends. Anyone who is not a Best Friend will become a Follower. Many of you have hundreds and even thousands of Friends. We recommend that you make your closest Friends your Best Friends (and make sure they do the same), so that when Friends and Followers launch, they’ll remain your Friends. Everyone on your list who is not a Best Friend will become a Follower. You can, of course, add, change, and remove Friends and Followers as you see fit after the new model launches. This is moving us toward a more modern and widely adapted system — the social and gameplay potential that this change unlocks is important to the future of ROBLOX. As always, we’re eager to hear your feedback. What do you think about the number of Friends? What do you think about the features this change will allow? Let us know!
stickpick123
#148125788Friday, October 17, 2014 10:55 PM GMT

START A RIOT AND STOP EM! Roblox is gonna turn to Instagram...
mrbobbilly
#148125873Friday, October 17, 2014 10:56 PM GMT

More like steam and tumblr mixed together

of     11   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right