BotaTheThird
#150426285Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:21 AM GMT

((19.))
rockmax2112alt
#150426671Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:27 AM GMT

(Ok, thanks.) "Follow me." I say, walking out the doors from the library, and to my red, vintage, Austin Martin 1955 convertible.
BotaTheThird
#150426794Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:29 AM GMT

Lillian nodded, following him. She stared at the car momentarily. She was still kind of perplexed by the things.
rockmax2112alt
#150427010Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:33 AM GMT

The car was beautiful; it was outfitted with a V8 and ran as smooth as a cat. It had a certain gloss, and the roof was retractable. I opened the door to the car and folded the roof down, then proceeded to start the car, roaring to life, and just for fun, I hit the break and hit the gas a couple of times. "She won't bite. Hop in." I say, putting my custom aviators and lighting a cig.
BotaTheThird
#150427261Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:37 AM GMT

Lillian smirked, sitting down in the car seat next to the man. It was pretty impressive, she had to admit. "Nice ride, by the way," I stated, wanting to act friendly.
rockmax2112alt
#150427648Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:43 AM GMT

"It is." I say over the engine. I pulled out of the parking lot, and I turned to an exit out of the parking lot. I turned the wheel right, and there I was, blending in with the sea of cars. The engine roared nicely, and to cheer the mood up, with the flick of a switch, turned on the radio. The song currently playing was "Kickstart my heart" by Motley crue.
BotaTheThird
#150427986Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:48 AM GMT

Lillian hummed to the song a bit, relaxing some now that she was in the car. "Just out of curiosity, what's the diner like? I'm really interested in seeing it," she asked, looking towards him.
rockmax2112alt
#150428897Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:00 AM GMT

"Oh, it's real classy. Checkered floor, velvet seats. In fact, I own the place. Called 'Rock and a Hard place'. It's a nice joint, get customers once and awhile." I was coming upon the corners I was used to, doing the twists and turns I did naturally, like reflex. Almost there.
BotaTheThird
#150429257Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:05 AM GMT

"That sounds pretty nice. Bet it's a neat job, owning a diner, that sort of thing," she replied, glad to be making conversation. This was certainly going to be a new experience.
rockmax2112alt
#150429879Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:14 AM GMT

"Yep. Ah, here we are." I say confidently, pulling up in a parking lot. I stared at the building of my own design. Rebuilt from disaster, with the giant ROCK AND A HARD PLACE neon flashing. I started to walk towards the stairs to get in. I unlock the door to find my African American chef cleaning the grill. "Very few un cust'mers." He said gruffly.
BotaTheThird
#150430302Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:20 AM GMT

Lillian looked around, glancing at the diner. The place was charming, though she had honestly very seen one like it since she arrived in St. Wales. She looked to the man. "So, about the cell phone thing..."
rockmax2112alt
#150430401Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:21 AM GMT

"Oh yes. Now let's come and talk." I sat down near a table, clearing it. It had red, velvet seats. I waited for tge young woman to sit down with me.
BotaTheThird
#150430582Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:24 AM GMT

Lillian nodded, taking a seat across from him. "Well, can you tell me how they work, exactly?" She then paused, deciding to introduce herself as well as ask questions. "I'm Lillian, by the way."
rockmax2112alt
#150431066Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:32 AM GMT

"The name's Francis. Francis May." I cracked my knuckles and closed my eyes how to explain this. "Cell phones are one of the most useful things in thw world, if not one of the greatest invention ever. They are powered by a battery source and are used to do many things, like texting, surfing the web, or writing notes down. Now, since it's electronic, if it gets wet, even slightly, it could get short out. Dump it completely in water and it's done for. There's little to no chance of recovering anything from it. Are you hungry? Everything is on the house." I say, out of breath. I gave Lillian a menu.
BotaTheThird
#150481819Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:18 PM GMT

Lillian nodded, glad he was able to explain. She then began looking over the menu. ((Does it serve like, typical diner food, such as fries and burgers?))
rockmax2112alt
#150482798Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:32 PM GMT

(Yes, and some forgien foods as well.)
BotaTheThird
#150482901Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:34 PM GMT

Lillian pointed to one of the meals listed in the menu. "I'd like a burger, please. Also, a side order of fries," she stated, then looked at Francis. "You mentioned the 'web,' right? That's another word for Internet? I'm still confused as to how that works, too..."
rockmax2112alt
#150483399Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:41 PM GMT

"Alright. Cookie! Fire up the grill!" Francis says, and the cook gruffly responds, firing up the grill and cooking a burger and fries, slowly hearing sizzling. "That's my chef, I like to call him Cookie, he doesn't mind." "Yes, the web is another word for the Internet. And if you don't know what the web is, I'll explain. See, imagine theres this floating hub over our heads. Phones and computers connect through radio signals. And in those signals, they transmit codes of numbers to represent words. That hub is mainly used to communicate through Email, or you can even look at the news." It gets a bit chilly, sobthe cook turns the heater on.
BotaTheThird
#150483808Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:47 PM GMT

Lillian nodded. She was starting to understand. "So, if I get a cell phone, logic stands that I can use the Internet, then I can find information easily?" she asked, wondering if that made sense -- he seemed to know better about this "technology" thing, after all.
rockmax2112alt
#150485574Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:15 PM GMT

"Yes." Francis says. Meanwhile, Cookie begins to put potato slices into the fryer. Francis stares at him for a moment. "Such a hard worker." He remarks.
BotaTheThird
#150487077Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:39 PM GMT

Lillian looked to the cook. "He seems nice," she said, not wanting to point out that he was also kind of quiet should it strike any sort of nerve.
rockmax2112alt
#150488049Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:51 PM GMT

'Cookie', now finished woth his cooking, took a spatula, and lifted the burger on a sesame seed bun. He got the fries as well, and put them on the plate. "Condimuns, mam?" The cook gruffly said. "Yes he is, he needed some support, so I hired him and both us get money for cookin'."
BotaTheThird
#150488498Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:58 PM GMT

Lillian shook her head. "No thank you, sir," she replied, briefly glancing to her side. She then realized Herder wasn't with her -- he hadn't come with them. Oh well, there didn't seem to be any reason why he /should/ be here.
TaiWolf1234
#150504320Thursday, November 27, 2014 3:34 AM GMT

"As you are all very well aware, Her Majesty has a sphere of influence unmatched by anyone else's- even my own," Hatter continued. "Quite frankly, there's no telling why her henchmen are working for her. Do they share similar ideologies? Possibly. Are they in it for the money? More likely. Whatever their reason may be, they are the foundation of the Queen's power. They illustrate her potential, they strike fear into Her Majesty's victims, they are the sole reason that wretch has any chance of gaining power over this city. This is what I propose- we destroy her kingdom from the inside out. We do whatever is necessary to sever her connections and strip her of her power and her protectors; if we have to use means of rhetoric, intimidation, or even violence, so be it. We will reduce her kingdom to ashes, until she is just a lone wolf with no voice. Then- then we will kill her." Hatter looked down as murmurs rose among the congregation, and was startled to see that his fists were clenched so tightly, his knuckles were white. His entire body seemed to quake in anger, frustration, and eagerness. He took several deep breaths to recompose himself, then flashed a smile. His mad expression scrawled across his face only moments before had all but vanished. "Now," he said. "We need to formulate a solid pla-" He did not have the opportunity to finish. A gun fired somewhere in the system of tunnels, and the meeting erupted into chaos.
rockmax2112alt
#150505052Thursday, November 27, 2014 3:44 AM GMT

The cook finished what he was doing and gave the meal to Lillian. "That my best 'urger." He says gruffly. I tell him to go home and I gave him his paycheck. I also fixed myself a chocolate milkshake with whipped cream and a cherry. I sat back down, sipping. "Is there anything else you wish to know?"