okaustin
#151879935Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:32 PM GMT

"my whole family died within the past week while in our shelter with a few slaughtered animals because i was suffering from my extreme seizures and this mocks my cancer!" omg do u have a polyromantic tumor too? the doctors wouldnt give me chemo pills because they said i didnt have cancer but im sure this is the medical system oppressing me! my tumor is polyromantic and has multipersonality disorder i HATE being oppressed!
Aegirine
#151879938Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:32 PM GMT

'you got people's attention for this thread you were attention seeking' by that logic every single thread on OT is attention seeking because they want people to look at them
PartehPoison
#151879966Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:32 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
DoctorPwnda
#151879975Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:32 PM GMT

nono, i'm fine irl i was just saying that because i didn't really think what you meant there
AnonyAnonymous
#151879991Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:32 PM GMT

The answer to the problem you presented is somewhat complex and varied. Many individuals utilize this website as a medium for conveying their issues simply because they lack supportive attention from relatives/acquaintances. Yet other users have to deal with consistent negativity and thus using the website enables them to 'manipulate' a virtual social-cycle as a means of cognitively escaping their problems. I'm certain that the majority of the excessive 'attention-seekers' on the website have some degree of self-perceived inferiority that contributes to their perception of the situation. Altogether, though, it's likely going to be much more beneficial to communicate with someone offline rather than becoming upset when random users over the internet show a lack of significant sympathy towards the various problems you may have, though I could understand the difficulty.
Albuminurophobia
#151880058Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:33 PM GMT

"omg do u have a polyromantic tumor too? the doctors wouldnt give me chemo pills because they said i didnt have cancer but im sure this is the medical system oppressing me! my tumor is polyromantic and has multipersonality disorder" my tumor is absolutely insane and causes me to cut myself on a nightly basis and it hurts so bad! i wish god would just sew up my veins before i puke more vomit onto my tumor which just causes it to burn. also my cat died :(
vanillolita
#151880068Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:33 PM GMT

i don't attention seek too much and the only thing i've ever talked about that is actually about me as person would be xesuality
okaustin
#151880074Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:33 PM GMT

@anony interesting can you next answer why u feel the need to act like a pseudo intellectual without emotions?
Aegirine
#151880079Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:33 PM GMT

well i'll be darned, for once anony is saying something genuinely smart
Albuminurophobia
#151880167Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:34 PM GMT

i read everything you said anon and i can agree with this
okaustin
#151880232Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:35 PM GMT

"my tumor is absolutely insane and causes me to cut myself on a nightly basis and it hurts so bad! i wish god would just sew up my veins before i puke more vomit onto my tumor which just causes it to burn. also my cat died :(" my tumor tells me to do things i dont want to do :s im starting to get ptsd from this!
c_lx
#151880240Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:35 PM GMT

"every last one of you seems to have some sort of issue, disorder, or weirdness" that's a lie, but the vast majority keep quiet about their lack of illness because they don't have one to speak of "it's not normal to have a forum full of attention seekers" this place isn't filled to the brim with attention-seeking as you think, it's again that those kinds of threads are shined in the light whereas the actual meat-and-potatoes discussion is on the backburner "a proper forum has a mix of attention seekers and cool people" OT is this completely "but this is more like a huge cake of attention seekers and the only redeeming part of the cake is that the frosting on the very top has the actual cool people that don't constantly speak about what's wrong with them" i'd flip that analogy, which would be closer to the truth it's a damned good german chocolate cake with crap icing "if you truly had something wrong with you other than be a hermit who can't find a single thing to talk about other than their issues the only real issues or faults you have are that you don't have the ability to stop talking about yourself" that's not true for a lot of them, often the people that do and make a single note/thread on it, the topic is brought up again and again by others in arguments and whatnot for example alice post her phase doesn't talk about her ailments or that she lied about some of her illness to make people pity her (which DID happen, i'm not exaggerating there), it's still brought up and she's still harassed with it every time she says something the consensus of OT doesn't like "maybe you wouldn't get bullied and harassed if you didn't go around shoving it in their face to accept you" there are some that do this, yes, but on here i find it that people look for every crack or flaw in a person to exploit and use it to their advantage
c_lx
#151880317Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:36 PM GMT

"it doesn't help anyone to whine about 'myuh myuh attenshun seekars'" this you're giving them more credibility when you talk of them attention-seeking
Albuminurophobia
#151880349Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:36 PM GMT

"i don't attention seek too much and the only thing i've ever talked about that is actually about me as person would be xesuality" it's okay to express your sexuality now and then i suppose but i hate when people shove it down people's throats like no one cares i support gay marriage but what i don't support is people who constantly use them being gay as an excuse to get attention
teamc00lkid2014
#151880395Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:37 PM GMT

I want OP to suck my ass
TheRealMariowiiX
#151880462Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:38 PM GMT

"every last one of you seems to have some sort of issue, disorder, or weirdness" Everybody has some weirdness, you know, and even then, there is probably people here who don't express it. "it's not normal to have a forum full of attention seekers" Correct. However, I know OTers who don't attention seek. Even then, this is being hypocritical, as this thread feels like it is attention seeking itself. "a proper forum has a mix of attention seekers and cool people" This is assuming there hasn't been any cool people here. "but this is more like a huge cake of attention seekers and the only redeeming part of the cake is that the frosting on the very top has the actual cool people that don't constantly speak about what's wrong with them" SO many oters here don't constantly speak about problems. I used to, but then I stopped and only did when I didn't have anyone to tell. "if you truly had something wrong with you other than be a hermit who can't find a single thing to talk about other than their issues the only real issues or faults you have are that you don't have the ability to stop talking about yourself" True with several people. but then there's the thing that people can only talk about popular OTers, otherwise you get called a creep like I did. ._.. "maybe you wouldn't get bullied and harassed if you didn't go around shoving it in their face to accept you" Assuming makes an ass out of you and me. ~Marioluvswii "Kid Jesus" April 14th, 2008-2014 Add 4896 posts, 10K~
c_lx
#151880475Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:38 PM GMT

"well i'll be darned, for once anony is saying something genuinely smart" he does it all the time, it's just the way he says it is detracting and annoying
vanillolita
#151880524Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:39 PM GMT

@albu i get you on that i mainly just talk about it on here whenever i feel depressed because i kind of keep it bottled up irl but i don't get depressed all too often because i've become really optimistic lately
Albuminurophobia
#151880551Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:39 PM GMT

@zacmac what i'm basically saying is there's a large group of people who use their problems in life solely to get attention and those are the only threads they make this is honestly actually only aimed at a select group of people and exaggerated this thread i've just been seeing a huge uproar in certain people attention seeking and it's annoying but i am kind of feeding them attention by making this
okaustin
#151880592Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:40 PM GMT

"it's okay to express your sexuality now and then i suppose but i hate when people shove it down people's throats like no one cares i support gay marriage but what i don't support is people who constantly use them being gay as an excuse to get attention" i dont see how one would express their sexuality because it has nothing to do with personality but yeah, i agree with ya
TheRealMariowiiX
#151880881Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:43 PM GMT

This whole thread in itself is a big arguement, which I hate because it happens even on things I didn't even START! Oh yea, the title makes it sound bad to be unique. Even then I like weirdness :p ~Marioluvswii "Kid Jesus" April 14th, 2008-2014 Add 4896 posts, 10K~
ZachHelms
#151881001Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:44 PM GMT

@realmariowiix you're delusional
AnonyAnonymous
#151881171Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:46 PM GMT

In the scenarios provided, the most proficient course of action would be to essentially either avoid threads involved in what you perceive as "Excessive-Attention-Garnering" and focus on something else, or simply report the user(s), if they're violating the "Roblox Community Guidelines" without interacting yourself.
c_lx
#151881337Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:49 PM GMT

"what i'm basically saying is there's a large group of people who use their problems in life solely to get attention and those are the only threads they make" it's really the opposite people have problems, possibly stuff's going on in life that they're not willing to tell others irl or whatnot, or maybe they feel that they have to have attention and that is what gets them to want OT's undying love "this is honestly actually only aimed at a select group of people and exaggerated this thread i've just been seeing a huge uproar in certain people attention seeking and it's annoying but i am kind of feeding them attention by making this " yes, it is indeed only a select group of people that do this, and the best course of action is to simply not give them the time of day
Albuminurophobia
#151881436Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:50 PM GMT

"it's really the opposite people have problems, possibly stuff's going on in life that they're not willing to tell others irl or whatnot, or maybe they feel that they have to have attention and that is what gets them to want OT's undying love" ok well it's just annoying "yes, it is indeed only a select group of people that do this, and the best course of action is to simply not give them the time of day" yeah