of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

gb00
#162610878Friday, May 22, 2015 2:53 AM GMT

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [Table of Contents] [I] - Introduction [II] - Early times [III] - NRBA [IV] - Awards and Recognition [V] - Memorable People [VI] - Conclusion ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [Introduction] I, gb00, retire from ROBLOX on Thursday, May 21, 2015. It's been an ... interesting ride on ROBLOX. I've changed a lot as a person. I've met people that will stick with me, even after my time here. I've had lots of fun, goofed around, but most importantly: I was able to leave an impact. These next few sections are highlights of my lengthy run on ROBLOX. ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [Early times] Like most noobs to the ROBLOX lifestyle, I had trouble fitting in. I tried the usual war groups, roleplay, and America groups, but nothing fit me. I felt like this was just a waste of time, that I didn't fit in. However, I got BC and gave ROBLOX a chance. I made a basketball group, called CBL (Champions Basketball League). It was never really a recognized name, but reached 250+ members. It slowly died out when I found a new passion: the NRBA. ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [NRBA] DylanDaKidd, a former member of my CBL league, joined this NRBA group (the biggest basketball group on ROBLOX). I followed him in-game, and met up with the Season 3 Wizards coach named Saltiren. Saltiren (or Salt), was holding practice team tryouts for the upcoming NRBA season. I decided: "Well, might as well show up and try!". I wasn't very good, but good enough to earn a practice spot. From that moment on, I abandoned the CBL and put all my ROBLOX efforts towards my playing role on the Wizards. Slowly, I climbed the depth charts. From Practice team ... to bench ... to 5th man ... and eventually a starter for the last stretch of the season. I only averaged roughly 15 PPG and maybe 3 APG, but it was worthy enough to earn the attention of seanmick and others. We were only 5-7, and missed the playoffs, but I was beginning to make a name for myself in this league. Then the news: Saltiren retired that offseason. It crushed me emotionally, losing such a great inspiration in my first season. However, a new light shined: a possible coaching spot on the Wizards. Lonewarrior07 BEGGED me to take the spot, and I did. I gained control of the team group, and in season 4, my coaching career began. That same offseason, Cyclops7747 was looking for a Board of Director. I had some time under me, and I decided to send in an application. Looking back now, it was pretty bad, but Cyclops7747 had faith in me and gave me the job. I was ecstatic! The NRBA became a bigger deal in my life. My first season, I was lucky enough to have many stars from the time want to join my team. Lonewarrior07, my teammate from the season before, convinced me to let him try out for PG, even though he was a PF/PG the season before, oddly enough. He couldn't even pass out of 3rd person before we began to train. Every day we worked hard, and slowly he grew into a confident and stylish PG. Bigamari, a 3v3 legend, played the SF like the back of his hand. He was a great addition to the team. JavaleMcgee, one of the few true centers in the NRBA, grabbed rebs and hit some clutch shots that season. We finished 8-6, beat MIA in the Round 1 of the playoffs 3-0, but got swept by Tarheel438 and the Brooklyn Nets (S4 Champions). I won Coach of the Year, and I was so proud! I was able to take a bunch of misfits and make an elite squad! The next season, we we finished with a 10-4 record, slowly proving to be a threat in the East. Gclotet was the next star formed out of dust, along with Karnoveer, a potential 4th man of the year later. However, a strong MIA team swept us in Round 1, and we ended our season early. I earned another Coach of the Year award, even though I frankly didn't think I deserved it. It wasn't a highlight of my career, but certainly not a lowlight. Season 6: The GOAT, Spydeman340, decides to leave BKN and join our squad. Lonewarrior07, Karnoveer, and Spydeman340 carried the team most of the season. We ended up going 10-4 during the regular season. We swept NYK in the first round, but then lost a tough series (3-2) to an uprising ATL team coached by Treigh1. I, AGAIN, won a Coach of the Year award, but people began to become envious with my recent run of the award, and somehow I knew that was the last time I'd win the award. Season 7: The arrival of Koreanmonster (previously UncleDyrus and DWCAkid555) and Dethmonk. Both had raw talent, and were molded into stars on Washington. We went 12-2 that season, but had to settle to the 2 seed. We survived off Game 5 wins over CHI and BKN, and reached ATL in the Eastern Conference Finals (the first time we reached there since s4). We, unfortunately, lost 3-1, though the series was closer than it seemed. AGAIN, we fell short. Season 8: An early exit, is what you might describe it. We were 6-3, and it was then I decided to leave. No, it wasn't FULLY because we were down 30 to ATL. No, it wasn't FULLY because I was tired of ROBLOX. Something inside me told me that it was time to leave. Cooldude12345555 doesn't think so, but last time I checked, I know myself better than he does. Hopefully, he takes this constructively and decides to become the person he was before he turned "ring thirsty". :) ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [Awards and Recognition] -2x Conference Finals Appearances -Developer of the 1-2 zone from seasons 4-6, and the 1-3 zone in seasons 7-8 when the NRBA turned into a 4 versus 4 league. Many teams began to adopt the complex style of defense. -3x Coach of the Year winner. -Coaching Record (Including Playoffs): 61-35 (0.64%). -NRBA Board of Director for 4 seasons. -Hall of Fame Inductee ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [Memorable People] -All the Wizards players through the years. Most memorably... Lonewarrior07 KoreanMonster Clonejoe5099 Dethmonk BigAmari GcLotet Karnoveer Spydeman340 MclemoreElite23 JavaleMcgee -Lonewarrior07 (again) Probably the best friend a guy could have. Whenever I was down and wanted to quit before (which was quite frequently, :)), he was there to tell me to stick it out. He was a great listener, a great player, and a great person to be around. He's a-one-in-a-million person, and I hope we can stay in touch outside of ROBLOX. -Saltiren All my coaching was inspired from you. In my opinion, you were 10x the coach I was. You taught me the basics, and developed me from trash to slightly less trash. Thank you for giving me a chance when no one else would. -Cyclops7747 The greatest commissioner EVER. This guy put up with my antics EVERY SEASON, and I have no idea how. I have complete faith that he'll pull another rabbit out of his hat and fix the NRBA once more. -My BoD's and fellow team owners -Thanks for keeping the NRBA under reputation and exciting. You couldn't let me win my ring though! :( ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [Conclusion] I guess this is it. I want to specify some things now: 1) I don't care if I never got my ring. I found friendship, leadership skills, and most importantly: myself. That's all better than a pointless piece of virtual jewelry. 2) I am not coming back/viewing daily. This is it. I'm gone. 3) I am incredibly grateful to everyone that helped guide me on ROBLOX. Just because you aren't in this thread doesn't mean you weren't helpful. 4) I want you all to look at yourself one day and ask yourself if you are happy with your life right now. I took a long stare, and realized I could no longer drown my life on this site. Maybe some of you will see it too. Well, I guess this is it guys. My time is up, and it's someone else's time to make their mark on ROBLOX. I'm satisfied with what I've done, and how I've helped myself and others. You may post replies if you wish. Please, to all you SF wall stalkers out there, don't post anything offensive. I'm not breaking rules, and even if I am, there's no point in getting my account banned anyways. Goodbye ROBLOX. It's been a pleasure. "The realization that it's over is worth it when you realize what other chapter of your life you've just begun." - Gb00. ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DrainoCantShoot
#162611169Friday, May 22, 2015 2:58 AM GMT

When you quit no one wants to read your essay son save it for school. Been making money since day 1.
DragonTail10
#162611175Friday, May 22, 2015 2:58 AM GMT

Goodbye gb we'll miss you
DragonTail10
#162611216Friday, May 22, 2015 2:58 AM GMT

draino stfu at least he can write one :(
Truenks
#162611220Friday, May 22, 2015 2:58 AM GMT

Goodbye, your name will be remembered along with the rest of the greats.
hockeydude026
#162611368Friday, May 22, 2015 3:01 AM GMT

care = false
vxsa
#162611765Friday, May 22, 2015 3:08 AM GMT

just readed the whole thing and i am sad rn :( ;( i wish you have a gig life gb!
cheesydemons
#162613135Friday, May 22, 2015 3:29 AM GMT

One of the memorable people :3 smd
FluViniXVl
#162617815Friday, May 22, 2015 4:58 AM GMT

Dangg Gb see how it is :/ .. Gonna forget me :/
ProfessorXI
#162626932Friday, May 22, 2015 12:45 PM GMT

goodbye gb we'll all miss you.
KoreanMonster
#162627142Friday, May 22, 2015 12:53 PM GMT

Thank you for making me the player than I am right now. Could not have won MIP or DPOTY runner up without you.
DarkImperiator
#162627303Friday, May 22, 2015 12:58 PM GMT

See you tomorrow I've got to concentrate concentrate concentrate...
mercy250
#162638968Friday, May 22, 2015 5:36 PM GMT

GB YOU FORGOT ABOUT ME IN THE EARLY LIFE!!!!!!!!!
willygum
#162674113Saturday, May 23, 2015 1:06 AM GMT

bye Long live gb qq makes me cry everytime i read this
Sporshi
#162687617Saturday, May 23, 2015 4:27 AM GMT

Bye Gb we don't really talk anymore, but I hope you still remember me from the (Early Times).
DylanDaKidd
#162704624Saturday, May 23, 2015 1:22 PM GMT

Gonna miss you man, one of the first ro-basketball people I knew. Much love
bigamari
#163101012Wednesday, May 27, 2015 11:37 AM GMT

goodbye gb00 I'll remember you as 1 of the best coaches I had and make a Washington shirt for you and lone to remember you two.
momogamer123
#163154786Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:02 AM GMT

Thanks for that 1 year and the movie
EliteJayy
#163155923Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:16 AM GMT

I will miss you all, i've feared this day would come...... I realized I couldn't reach my goals in this game, but i've inspired alot of people... Because of you Trent2Raw I'm quitting, you are the career-ruiner. Thanks 4 the ride guys ;) : -Samueldelaghetto -Ivisioon -yeadog1245 -jwm143 -johnrondo -chachijuarez -snap4der -lordo -cjew10 ;)
TrollMasterYak
#163286474Saturday, May 30, 2015 12:31 AM GMT

cya dood :)
iTooClutch
#163337161Saturday, May 30, 2015 5:17 PM GMT

ok hockeydude it looks liek u've gone too far. Stay on ur own ugly white skinned ass sport and we wil stay on ours. Reply to one more thread again i swear i will hack and destroy u!
SaltirenHD
#163465222Monday, June 01, 2015 1:09 AM GMT

See you around gb00. Good luck out there.
BackUp1084
#163465842Monday, June 01, 2015 1:16 AM GMT

From my point of view, this post was an absolute waste of time, space, energy, effort, brainpower, and strength. I think in my attempt to read your enormous word wall, I may have blacked out. I still am trying to read the first few lines, and every time I do, I repeat fainting because of how boring, dull, and unorganized you have sorted these words in which you have typed upon your computer. You have wasted so much time of your life typing that giant mass of words, you could've went outside and played with a ball, so that you could maybe get some actual physical exercise, but instead you decided to mindlessly type up a word wall with no clear point to it. You could've at least made a paragraph indentation for each couple thousand lines, so that we could take a break from reading it and get back to our lives, only to read the same, boring, massive storm of words that you shoved down our throats, and stuffed into our brains. Maybe if you had considered this before, you would have never poisoned the thousands of brains of readers, and you would've never caused so much trauma. I have never seen such a stupid wall of words in my entire life, because maybe instead of committing this horrible crime you could've done something valuable with your life. Because of you, many people are sick, lying in bed with a terrible headache because of all of these words floating on the page in one, gigantic bubble of boring.
vxsa
#163466431Monday, June 01, 2015 1:23 AM GMT

same for urs rofl
KinqHooperXII
#163771368Friday, June 05, 2015 2:13 PM GMT

These hockey players though. GTFO. Let us respect of our greats.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right