of     1   

LowkeyLebOnTheDownlo
#182285790Sunday, January 24, 2016 4:35 AM GMT

Miles can be very difficult to call at times, and often go uncalled. This season I'd like to put a tighter grip on what is considered a mile so we see less of these cheap steals. I'd like to mention that whether a steal is a mile or not a mile is completely up to the referee. If there were a function that let a referee see nothing of what the players or fans were saying I'd use it. To be a clean steal the defender needs to be in "rip position" which means they have to be touching the offensive players body in a clear position to steal the basketball. Left hand on left shoulder is not a clear rip position. v Mile h(ttp):/(/p)rntscr(.co)m/9u23lg A defender should be touching the ball handlers right arm, or be at least halfway through their body. v Clean steals h(ttp):/(/p)rntscr(.co)m/9u24f3 h(ttp):/(/p)rntscr(.co)m/9u24y4 At any time that a ball handler exposes the ball or puts himself in a riskier position the defender can be slightly further away without being called. Delayed rips are not miles, if a defender clearly stole the ball but the ball changes hands in a slightly delayed manner it is not a mile. However if there is a heavy delay (about 1-1.5 seconds) then a mile should be called. Any time that a player pauses on the court then comes away with the ball it should be considered a mile, this includes off ball defenders who lag steal a pass. When offensive players are lagging or lag spiking miles will be called less often. Obviously there are going to be missed mile calls as they are harder calls to make than most, but with this clarification I hope we can clean up the game.
Microsorex
#227326576Tuesday, November 07, 2017 11:11 PM GMT

this has NO posts suprising Siggy.txt has preformed an illegal action and now will be closed. [Former ATR'er]

of     1