jimbobucky
Top 100 Poster
#212448529Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:47 AM GMT

Prove 'em wrong pri. It sounds like you're most likely going to a CC. Get solid grades, prove your worth to the colleges. You seem pretty smart just from what I see online.
perrandude
#212448573Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:48 AM GMT

@jimbo Appeals sometimes work when it's not in the admissions process (admissions decisions are pretty much 99.9% of the time set) If it's financial aid or something just contact them and try to make an effort, he can do it
jimbobucky
Top 100 Poster
#212448935Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:56 AM GMT

It's kind of boring now that college acceptances are practically over All that's left is Cal
perrandude
#212449050Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:58 AM GMT

"It's kind of boring now that college acceptances are practically over" Yeah all I'm just doing right now is waiting on my housing application and my potential roommate to tell me whether or not he's going to go to Texas --- Want to talk about freshman orientation or something now though? lol
jimbobucky
Top 100 Poster
#212449250Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:03 AM GMT

Sure I'm honestly a little nervous because while I am mildly outgoing rn, I would like to be more introverted in college and just be more "chill," while also doing a lot of intramural sports and whatnot. However, I do have to make friends, and if I want to do a good amount of intramurals and whatnot I should try and make some more athletic friends I'm mostly just speaking out of my 455 rn, I just want to have a good start to college that's all, and completely be myself
perrandude
#212449468Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:08 AM GMT

Tbh I want to join maybe one or two organizations, but making sure it's not overkill, and I want to be as extroverted as possible without going overboard, and I feel like a relationship is just what I'd need The greatest thing about orientation is that everyone's in the same boat as you. They may have 1,300 followers on Insta or a Snap score of 150,000 but you're all foreign to each other (even if you have a lot of people coming in from the same high school you came from, like me) and as long as you don't have a bad case of RBF and/or stay completely reserved you'll meet a lot of people
perrandude
#212449702Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:13 AM GMT

And about the intramurals - don't worry about making athletic friends. Generally in the larger colleges and universities they have several intramural leagues with different skill levels, so if you want to be in the beginner/"worst" league, you can do that, and score 4 goals a game in soccer or score 30 points a game in basketball! Remember intramurals are all for fun
jimbobucky
Top 100 Poster
#212449917Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:18 AM GMT

Tbh I feel like I want to live like Rune is living in college Have a roommate who you can just chill with, be in the same room but there's no awkwardness
perrandude
#212450479Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:31 AM GMT

If you do go to UC Davis, try to find one of your friends from school and ask them if they wanna room with you. It makes it less awkward. Rune is rooming with someone from high school, I'm trying to do the same, and if you don't you could have that awkward roommate. My cousin that goes to Auburn has a roommate that's an ultra Trump supporter with the whole #MAGA stuff and it bothers the hell out of him
perrandude
#212450576Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:33 AM GMT

A great ###### ### after a Texas touchdown is, like, relationship goals though, that's like a dream
perrandude
#212450615Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:34 AM GMT

making (space) out was filtered
perrandude
#212451888Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:06 AM GMT

I feel like it's all favorable with a 48-52 male-to-female ratio and the School of Architecture is 33-67
jimbobucky
Top 100 Poster
#212500680Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:08 PM GMT

Officially accepted to five GREAT schools! UC Santa Barbara accepted me today, as expected, for computer science. Decisions: Cal: None UCLA: Denied UC San Diego: ACCEPTED, Undeclared UC Davis: ACCEPTED, Computer Science UC Irvine: ACCEPTED, Computer Science UC Santa Barbara: ACCEPTED, Computer Science UC Santa Cruz: ACCEPTED, Computer Science
TinyBerry3
#212503192Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:38 PM GMT

Congratulations! I was accepted into these and then Berkeley of course with the denial. Have you received news from them yet? I think they were my last to hear back from. Same time they replied were when Ivys came out.
TinyBerry3
#212503267Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:39 PM GMT

Whoops, did not see you say none.
jimbobucky
Top 100 Poster
#212511874Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:36 AM GMT

Cal is expected to come out this Thursday possibly. I remain hopeful but even if I get in I'm not sure if I'd want to go there. I'd have to visit the campus and get a feel, but after doing more and more research I've been kind of disappointed to find out my "dream school" is cutthroat, classes are curved (lots of smart people means I have a low success rate), computer science is impacted (must make a "cut-off"), and dorms aren't the best. But of course, let's just see if I get in.
SL0V4K
#212512532Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:46 AM GMT

Got in to: - Harvard - MIT Applying to: - RIT - New Zeland Community College Not fully out of the question but most likely won't apply: - Trump University
perrandude
#212517856Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:15 AM GMT

"I remain hopeful but even if I get in I'm not sure if I'd want to go there." If you're not even guaranteed your major that's a great reason to not go there. Your dorm reason is crap though, sorry jimbo but that's my opinion tbh "disappointed to find out my "dream school" is cutthroat, classes are curved (lots of smart people means I have a low success rate)," Where are you going to go in life if you don't challenge yourself? No pain no gain. "computer science is impacted (must make a "cut-off")," Valid reason "and dorms aren't the best." Congratulations that's college for you, it's just 4-5 years bro it will be over before you know it just like high school
perrandude
#212520738Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:06 AM GMT

Still waiting on my housing contract, but one positive update is my potential roommate just confirmed that if he doesn't get into Harvard, he's going to Texas for sure. Awesome
jimbobucky
Top 100 Poster
#212520901Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:09 AM GMT

"If you're not even guaranteed your major that's a great reason to not go there. Your dorm reason is crap though, sorry jimbo but that's my opinion tbh" Wha...the dorms literally does not bother me at all lol, I just added that in for more quantity, I didn't know you were going to be so nitpicky about it "Where are you going to go in life if you don't challenge yourself? No pain no gain." You realize if I go to Berkeley, F's are a real possibility no matter how hard I try due to the quality of students around me (for classes graded on curves--aka the majority) "Congratulations that's college for you, it's just 4-5 years bro it will be over before you know it just like high school" BRO WHY ARE YOU MENTIONING MY DORMS COMMENT LMAO, I LITERALLY COULD CARE LESS
perrandude
#212521042Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:12 AM GMT

"You realize if I go to Berkeley, F's are a real possibility no matter how hard I try due to the quality of students around me (for classes graded on curves--aka the majority)" Well, UC Davis is still a phenomenal institution so you don't lose anything by going there. Nothing against you if you don't want to go to Berkeley. Sorry if my tone sounds rough but the reality of college is that dorms suck and what makes it worth the experience are the people you meet
PoopMold12345
#212521132Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:13 AM GMT

Bro.. he gets to go to college in CALIFORNIA. Who the hell cares what his room looks like, hopefully he will be outside everyday soaking up the sun
jimbobucky
Top 100 Poster
#212521178Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:14 AM GMT

"Well, UC Davis is still a phenomenal institution so you don't lose anything by going there. Nothing against you if you don't want to go to Berkeley. Sorry if my tone sounds rough but the reality of college is that dorms suck and what makes it worth the experience are the people you meet" Literally why in the hell are you mentioning the dorms comment, I'm actually laughing irl
perrandude
#212521185Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:14 AM GMT

"Who the hell cares what his room looks like," Exactly my point It's a bad excuse "hopefully he will be outside everyday soaking up the sun" Davis isn't even remotely close to a beach dude, Berkeley somewhat is
perrandude
#212521237Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:15 AM GMT

"Literally why in the hell are you mentioning the dorms comment, I'm actually laughing irl" Bro because you literally just said "dorms aren't the best"