Jascha
#189837671Friday, May 27, 2016 7:53 PM GMT

@noob Actually that's not a half bad mini-Place package idea. How much would it cost though? I assume a fortune (like most of these probably would, unless they were really simple).
ragemagick
#189842758Friday, May 27, 2016 9:03 PM GMT

@noob Nice.
TheTwinkieMaster
#189843671Friday, May 27, 2016 9:13 PM GMT

TL;FR (No offence, it's a word wall! But I got the idea regardless) Support! I'm a walking contradiction, and I ain't got no right!
SuperHero12346
#189851784Friday, May 27, 2016 11:02 PM GMT

@noob That even sounds like an epic place idea. Maybe you can fight different monsters and go on different haunts depending on the rotation of that gamemaster package. And there should be the possibility of giant enemies and enemies that are way stronger than you appearing on your path early on, so you can get souls quicker (plus you'd grow exponentially stronger each hit you land if I understand correctly, so you'd just have to dodge). But the enemies should have good fighting algorithms (AIs are getting more and more realistic as we progress, so this should be relatively easy). Maybe even you have a ghost trail when you equip your sword that goes away after a few seconds, and it's possible that the monster could spawn or haunt your ghost trail.
noobillneverbe
#189853149Friday, May 27, 2016 11:22 PM GMT

@Super Yeah those aren't bad ideas at all! How I envisioned it was that the sword would have special mouse combinations. Right-click hold would allow you to do things like rushing and vanishing (and you'd be in dash mode) while rapid clicking would be go into charge mode. A normal click would be a normal sword slash (with combos formed by randomized animation pools) and then when you're in charge mode the shape or sigil you make while rapid clicking on your screen decides the special rush or move you would do. When you're charging you block whenever you're attacked. Basically the amount of clicks you've done will represent your charge power and the person who's charged longer will win the clash. Also this is self-explanatory but you can't go into rush mode while charging (because you can't hold click and rapid click at the same time). So basically all of the sword fighting would be done with the mouse and the WASD keys for movement. And all ghosts would have the same kind of system in place (just with different kinds of weapons) and they would have a basic AI controlling these moves. There would only be like two extra types of this system (with maybe a few randomized weapons like swords, claws, or fistcuffs in their hands) and the enemies would be random in size and armor. This would make for a really interesting Place-in-the-package imo and it would be cool as a side-game in some places.
windflute
#189853427Friday, May 27, 2016 11:26 PM GMT

Maybe they could have a gear that is basically a deck of cards and a bunch of Place-in-the-Gears for it that would be different card games that would be on sale for R$.
windflute
#189853535Friday, May 27, 2016 11:28 PM GMT

The gear could normally be used for fighting (like throwing cards at people for damage or something) and then its Place-in-the-Gears could be card games like Poker and Blackjack, Egyptian Rat Screw, Go Fish, etc. and there could be other vanities like card tricks.
windflute
#189853780Friday, May 27, 2016 11:31 PM GMT

@noobill Nice idea. My addition to it would be that basically each time you charge click the clicks are connected by a line GUI and you can use that to make shapes and line formations that would translate into special blocks and moves possibly. That might be complex though.
ruin3Ds
#189859330Saturday, May 28, 2016 1:06 AM GMT

Hey should we repost our old Place-in-the-Gear ideas?
Inlustris
#189860489Saturday, May 28, 2016 1:23 AM GMT

This sounds pretty cool! Support! 6EQUJ5
imadognotahuman
#189899665Saturday, May 28, 2016 4:25 PM GMT

@noob That sounds like a lot of work to make though. Even so, I think the point of this is it's supposed to be taken as seriously as making places, right? So I guess it's all right in the end.
ldegroodt115
#189903634Saturday, May 28, 2016 5:07 PM GMT

TL;DR Roblox should focus on other things besides this imo But it did look like there was a lot of effort put into this post, gj.
Denneisk
#189917085Saturday, May 28, 2016 7:23 PM GMT

Soupport.
imadognotahuman
#190133382Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:28 AM GMT

Bump.
Lucario1236
#190270740Thursday, June 02, 2016 1:19 AM GMT

"Even so, I think the point of this is it's supposed to be taken as seriously as making places, right?" Exactly. That's why this would go great with the upcoming user-created catalog.
Jascha
#191047004Sunday, June 12, 2016 8:53 PM GMT

Bump.
Epic_Heroes
#191047302Sunday, June 12, 2016 8:57 PM GMT

Support
NobodyTalented
#191049251Sunday, June 12, 2016 9:21 PM GMT

The idea does sound nice, but can it be disabled for games that simply don't want players distracted by it? And also wouldn't it be simpler to have a mini-game hub place, isn't this the same concept besides its a place instead of a gear?
Jascha
#191050740Sunday, June 12, 2016 9:40 PM GMT

@Suhreen Definitely. That was actually in the suggestion that the vanity inventory can be enabled or disabled and the vanity functions must all be approved by the developer individually, or allow all vanities of a gear or other catalog item, all of a genre, etc. As for you mini-game hub idea that is similar to but not the same as this. Plus it wouldn't be nearly as beneficial.
NobodyTalented
#191065821Monday, June 13, 2016 1:23 AM GMT

Beneficial to whom, ROBLOX? Seeing as its a gear.. So it is the same thing, just a gear, I like the concept but I don't really see the point, so honestly I guess I could support it.
awesomejuan36912
#191068676Monday, June 13, 2016 2:04 AM GMT

clap clap clap clapclap CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAP"woooo"CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP*whistle*CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP"yayyyyy"clapclapclap Incredible. Amazing. 10/10 ign.
awesomejuan36912
#191069363Monday, June 13, 2016 2:13 AM GMT

clap clap clap clapclap CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAP"woooo"CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP*whistle*CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP"yayyyyy"clapclapclap Incredible. Amazing. 10/10 ign.
Rocket_Angel
#191069789Monday, June 13, 2016 2:20 AM GMT

Best idea I've seen for a while. You got my full support. Flame war? Pouring water on it now
Jascha
#191069792Monday, June 13, 2016 2:20 AM GMT

@Suhreen Well the vanity functions would give player variety a whole new meaning. They could be used for anything as little to an animation change all the way to a minigame. Place-in-the-Gears would allow another layer infinite gameplay in every place since you can bring any mini-Place into a normal place and play it with friends which could entertain you and friends endlessly, which would really up game quality and make scripting not as mandatory. This combined with a user-created catalog would make infinite content and this system in general allows infinite possibilities. And since vanities would be pushed to be allowed in games it adds another layer to player variety. Each player would have advantages and disadvantages and more ways to play a game if they could use their vanity, and it makes it not matter so much what you're playing as much as who you're playing with. That and all of these things would make building a place a lot easier as you could just drop these in, build something decent and have yourself a game that could entertain people for hours without end. Also the pool rotation system would make ROBLOX a lot more sales because not only would these new kinds of items be very attractive to own, but also adds another layer to trading and customization and it encourages rebuys to get the rarest rotation, which would make ROBLOX's earning potential off this ridiculously high. That and more I'm not thinking of was all mentioned in the OP. I say go check it out if you want. There's a lot of layers of beauty to this suggestion to discover.
Jascha
#191069932Monday, June 13, 2016 2:22 AM GMT

I also noticed that you only mention the Place-in-the-Gears, but the OP is also suggesting changes to how catalog items are set up and something called a vanity function and inventory. Just making sure you're aware.