of     14   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

FIRECAKE
#190952698Saturday, June 11, 2016 5:09 PM GMT

i will keep this thread updated with things that interest me musically, feel free to participate will be interesting to look back on what i was thinking if i come back to this a few months down the road
Ben_Bishop
#190952722Saturday, June 11, 2016 5:09 PM GMT

tyler the creator
FIRECAKE
#190955322Saturday, June 11, 2016 5:52 PM GMT

let's start with some plain old opinions. i will just look around my library and see what i think the best song from each artist is and why. not going to do every artist, probably just those who i have 10+ songs from 3 doors down citizen soldier - epic guitar part, chorus is perfect. i learned to play this last year and it is so much fun. arctic monkeys i bet you look good on the dancefloor - "YOU'RE DYNAMITE!" really like those parts and the lyrics overall. drums in the chorus are great as always with arctic monkeys. avicii talk to myself - i actually listened to this a lot when i was having girl troubles, so lol. ten more days is growing on me, probably gonna overtake this soon. AWOLNATION hollow moon (bad wolf) - easily the most fun AWOL song imo. he's just so atmospheric otherwise, and i can't get down to that. still really like all of his stuff. the beatles day tripper - been playing this on guitar recently, the whole guitar part is really great. big data big dater - this is like the only track that nobody features on and i think that's great. bear hands makes sick for me a close second but i really like the chorus of big dater a lot more. the black keys i can't pick one, i have 111 of their songs. depends on the album, i'll probably talk about them later on sometime. cage the elephant mess around - "AHHHH oh no! AAAAAHHH AHH oh no!" plus the syncopation throughout, really good track. calvin harris this is what you came for - most of his stuff is pretty boring, but he's starting to get more interesting with stuff like this song feat. rihanna. chance the rapper angels - hands down. "who is you and who is you and who the #### is you" gets me going every time. childish gambino bonfire - i actually hadn't listened to camp that much until like 3 days ago, but this has always been a great song. coldplay nothing really, they all sound the same, but i still like the guys drake one dance - if only the whole album didn't sound exactly like this song. it is really great though. not traditional drake but he's moving in a new direction i guess. eminem rap god - i actually know the entire thing. i'm a little rusty on the very quick verse but i can nail the rest. fall out boy i only have their music because of a girl... at least that's my cover story foo fighters feast and the famine - some vintage dave grohl screaming, i like it foster the people fire escape - beautiful song, also learned this a while ago hozier someone new - the most underrated song he has. take me to church was kind of important socially but otherwise it is not good. imagine dragons round and round - their new album is pretty garbage, but i still like their old stuff a lot. kanye west only one - this is a softer kanye song, but i think it's easily one of his best. hard topic to write about, but he basically delivers his message perfectly and it's great. TLOP still one of the best albums of all time. kendrick lamar untitled 08 - i cruise to this every day, it bumps, and kendrick's flow is just dirty on this kygo ###ual healing - one of the most relevant remixes ever led zeppelin good times bad times - most of zeppelin's stuff is just too repetitive, but this song at least makes an attempt to have some varied melody lil d###y pillow talking - the first LD song i ever heard and i straight geeked the entire time logic fade away - the best flow logic has delivered to date, every verse is expertly crafted macklemore & ryan lewis let's eat - macklemore's new album is severely underplayed. it's got unconventional topics on it, but almost everything is pretty good to listen to. i really like this song because it picks an extremely original topic and basically captures the essence perfectly. his collab with chance on this album is excellent as well. madeon nonsense - mark foster (one of my favorite vocalists) is perfect for this song and madeon is one of my favorite producers, so the two combined basically made me sploosh a little. maroon 5 the sun - songs about jane was easily their best album. adam levine almost made a return from disgusting pop with lost stars, but nope, V came out and it is disgusting. mumford & sons honestly don't know the neighbourhood #icanteven - i liked the name so i gave it a listen, this is actually a really solid track and french montana's feature is great. neon trees again no clue, haven't listened in a long time onerepublic ouch. don't know again :/ outkast BOB - how can you not love this song, it goes hard red hot chili peppers dark necessities - their new sound is really cool, flea's solos in this song are bomb af royal blood figure it out - the intensity of this track really creeps up on you, the chorus just swells in all of the sudden and then it's exploding everywhere smallpools 9 to 5 - the descending scales in the chorus are great, this is probably the best example of smallpools' crazy sound sublime got 96 of their songs, can't possibly pick one i will say that rome does sound exactly like bradley in concert, which i wasn't expecting tiesto get down - crazy dance track, this should get more play time. i feel like there's a helicopter flying around the room when it gets to the drop. twenty one pilots goner - this one will not get played on the radio, which is i think what they're going for. it's very atypical of pop songs and deeply emotional, which i really like since that's basically the idea of TOP two door cinema club haven't listened in too long, hopefully they drop a new album soon WALK THE MOON burning down the house - this is a cover, but it's so so so good. if i had to pick one of their originals it would probably be up 2 u. anna sun and shut up and dance are absolutely terrible and i hate that they get any radio time. young the giant something to believe in - new stuff is good, i'm really excited for their 3rd album
FIRECAKE
#190955415Saturday, June 11, 2016 5:54 PM GMT

"tyler the creator" thurnis, why you like golf? i said, i said, i said, "becuz"
Ben_Bishop
#190955441Saturday, June 11, 2016 5:54 PM GMT

hey hey hey you dont have to raise your voice
Ben_Bishop
#190955516Saturday, June 11, 2016 5:55 PM GMT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZVjh2DEeB8
Texafy
#190955536Saturday, June 11, 2016 5:56 PM GMT

fade away has been playing nonstop in my car
Ben_Bishop
#190955767Saturday, June 11, 2016 5:59 PM GMT

i rlly like i bet you look good on the dancefloor and old yellow bricks is a good song
FIRECAKE
#190955807Saturday, June 11, 2016 5:59 PM GMT

dude logic is huge around here, if you don't know him you get funny looks because he's from MD and now he has 2 albums so it's kinda like you gotta rep him
Ben_Bishop
#190955852Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:00 PM GMT

i like logic
DarkImperiator
#190955866Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:00 PM GMT

Phil collins
Texafy
#190955873Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:00 PM GMT

i saw him live last week at fpsf
FIRECAKE
#190955908Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:01 PM GMT

"Phil collins" sussudio
perrandude
#190955917Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:01 PM GMT

arctic monkeys the beatles the black keys cage the elephant coldplay fall out boy foster the people hozier imagine dragons maroon 5 mumford & sons neon trees onerepublic red hot chili peppers my favorites from the ones you mentioned. out of all of these, i would say coldplay is #1, then the beatles, and then probably the black keys
perrandude
#190955987Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:02 PM GMT

i like country music but i think the only ones here willing to discuss country music are rune and muffin it's refreshing that someone like maren morris has come around and alluded to greats like johnny cash and hank williams
Ben_Bishop
#190956015Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:02 PM GMT

what do u think of the gorillaz
FIRECAKE
#190956206Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:04 PM GMT

i absolutely detest fake twang country crap, i feel like that's a genre that was reserved for a certain point in time that has long since passed and i don't think anybody has a new take on trucks, jeans, or hot babes who wear jeans and sit in your truck kenny chesney's "american kids" is probably the only country song that i like
FIRECAKE
#190956304Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:06 PM GMT

"what do u think of the gorillaz" a couple good songs, but they got overplayed back in the 2000s so now it's hard to enjoy their stuff clint eastwood is nice
perrandude
#190956349Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:06 PM GMT

zac brown band is pretty good. kenny chesney and tim mcgraw both put out some good songs every now and then lady antebellum and the band perry don't really 100% fit in with country most of the time but they're still both pretty darn good it's truly a shame that people like sam hunt, fgl, and luke bryan have taken the top spot in country these days though
Logaids
#190956437Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:07 PM GMT

The Smashing Pumpkins are god-tier i have 208 songs by them downloaded Live Laugh Logaids
perrandude
#190956452Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:07 PM GMT

what do you think about up & up by coldplay i have that song on repeat, that's the kind of song coldplay has been missing for years and they finally did it
FIRECAKE
#190956497Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:08 PM GMT

"it's truly a shame that people like sam hunt, fgl, and luke bryan have taken the top spot in country these days though" yes, the girl i went to prom with was very into country music of this variety before obtaining this knowledge i told her that it was music for people who didn't have ears and almost ended my night early
DeadMan253
#190956501Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:08 PM GMT

The biggest musical inspiration in my life got murdered last night so there's that. Country music is really bad
perrandude
#190956592Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:09 PM GMT

"yes, the girl i went to prom with was very into country music of this variety before obtaining this knowledge i told her that it was music for people who didn't have ears and almost ended my night early" i mean, if she plays this kind of country LEAVE NOW
FIRECAKE
#190956614Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:09 PM GMT

"The Smashing Pumpkins are god-tier i have 208 songs by them downloaded" that's disgusting "up&up" eh, very slow to start, i like when they get to that repeating "we gonna get it..." part in the chorus. reminiscent of vintage coldplay.

of     14   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right