of     6   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Perambulation
#193946194Monday, July 18, 2016 12:02 PM GMT

DM On the surface of Vaccaro, life moves on quite slowly. The sheer freezing temperatures that the entire planet is engulfed in deters most Leviathans from attacking, as it is too cold for them to tolerate. While on a routine patrol, one of the hover-jeeps noticed something moving on the ground. Its crew got their winter-gear ready and approached the area to investigate. To their horror, it was a Leviathan's eye, staring right into their own. The Leviathan proceeded to wipe out the patrol team with just one energy beam before it rose up from the snowy hill. The Leviathan attack alert was sent out to the Vaccaroan Defense Force HQ, which also sent out the alarm to the ALT. The ALT responded quickly, sending out Wolf Pack Squadron to intercept the Leviathan. (otrip, you may start your character off in a COFFIN Drop from your capital ship)
Tr_ppy
#194063494Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:23 PM GMT

Carter It had been a long while since I had been out on the field. I felt that I needed a break and spent some time with my beloved Renee. It was the first time I had seen her in 6 months. My time with her was not long, but I cherished it greatly. Alas, my vacation was over. It was now my time to do what I do best. Slaying leviathan. ALT contacted us, WolfPack Squadron of a leviathan threat on Vaccaro. I was not worried at all. Infact I was more angered than worried. The leviathan could have already murdered soldiers in cold blood. Soon I walked briskly in our capital ship. I was headed to where my AMSU was being housed. I moved as quickly as possible, strapping myself into the Neutral Link Armour, and flipping switches to turn on Alpha. Prometheus voice greeted me. "Hello sir, how was the time with Renee?" "It was good Prom, thank you for asking. Alert the others. We are in Vaccaro's orbit and will drop shortly." "Yes, Sir." As Prometheus does so, I get a better feel of Alpha. I wiggle my fingers and the giant metal fingers mimic mine. I proceeded to draw LaZaRuS out of its holding place. I hope Vaccaro's freezing temperatures won't do to much to the highly advanced weapon. "They're all ready, sir." "Alright, drop now." I felt the jolt for the first time in 3 months. The COFFIN fell through the atmosphere. When it enclosed 4000 meters from the surface, it dropped my AMSU through the air. The first thing I felt was the cold. I didn't think it woulf be too bad. I guess I was wrong. Soon Alpha hit the ground. The others did as well. "Alright you three follow me."
Perambulation
#194085847Wednesday, July 20, 2016 2:19 AM GMT

DM As your team land and establishes a security perimeter, an incoming radio transmission fills your comms. It is the local Vaccaroan Defense Force commander, Commander Bjorn. He seems rather agitated, as Vaccaro normally does not encounter too many Leviathan attacks thanks to its cold nature. "This is Commander Bjorn of the Vaccaroan Defense Force, operating under the Aequalis Federation. One of our patrol teams had encountered a Leviathan, broadcasting their coordinates before all contact was lost. I ask that you proceed the the coordinates and defeat that Leviathan before it proceeds to the nearest civilian camp. We've already issued the evacuation alerts, so you don't need to worry about that. We are sending the coordinates now, over." The coordinates come in through the HUD, which automatically converts it to a waypoint. The Leviathan seems to have been last spotted in the northwest position, towards a snowy plain. The clouds begin to gather and an ominous wind crashes against the AMSU's armor.
Tr_ppy
#194101326Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:59 AM GMT

Carter The cold just got worse. Even inside my AMSU I shivered like a wild dog. I never did well agaisnt cold as a kid. I remember the freezing evenings like if it was yesterday. "Promet-theus t-t-turn on the heaters." "They're already on, Sir." "Well then increase it I'm f-freezing here." "Will do." Immediatly I began to felt better. The heat swept through my face and I took a deep breath. I focus at the task at hand. Directions to the location of the Levithan was displayed before me. "Somewhere in the Northwest", I think. Before I even think to alert the others and start towards there, I muster up a plan. I had to think smart. Alot of things could happen midst fighting this Leviathan. We could be walking into an ambush. There might be more than one Leviathan. I have no clue what this Leviathan is capable of. I have to be more alert than ever. For the sake of me and my squadron. Finally I contact the others through the comms. "Info from the commander", I say, "its around the NorthWest. Sending coordinates to you all now. Also, we are not to be in the blind out here. Switch to infrared vision. Advance in diamond formation." Hopefully the Leviathan gave us some sort of heat signature. Hopefully. We advance toward the intended destination. After a few minutes of walking we reach the spot on my HUD. "Somewhere around here", I think. I bark instructions. "Beta and Gamma watch for anything moving. Omega you follow me. We take a better look at this place." Omega flanks me with his HoloHAC in hand. I watch closely having my hand near LaZaRuS, ready to draw, if movement catches my eyes.
Perambulation
#194113045Wednesday, July 20, 2016 1:24 PM GMT

DM As you arrive at the waypoint, you realize that a gigantic cave was carved into the side of the mountain. Peering into it only confirmed that it extends quite deep under the surface. No amount of floodlights are reaching the end, as a deep cave should be. A strange whimper begins to emanate from the cave, resembling that of a little girl. Meanwhile, the sky becomes more and more cloudy. The wind intensifies, signaling the beginning of a blizzard of some sort. Staying outside the cave would mean that there is a chance for the AMSUs to freeze up and shut down. After all, the AMSUs are not exactly designed for such extreme temperatures.
Tr_ppy
#194124657Wednesday, July 20, 2016 4:51 PM GMT

Carter The cries of the little girl inside the cave startle me. "Is that a little girl in there?" asked Omega. "Seems as so I say. Maybe she escaped the Leviathan?" I ponder. Beta chimes in as well. "Well we have to go in the cave regardless if there is a little girl or not. A blizzard's coming. If we stay out here, there is a chance of us freezing to death." I take his words into consideration. The cold was already bad as it was, but worse? I don't think thats something the AMSUs could handle. And then there was the cave. My heart told me to rush into there and find the little girl. My brain says otherwise. How would a little girl even get in there? But then I remembered there is a Leviathan in this area. If there is a little girl here we have to rescue her before she is slayed by the Leviathan. "Ok, guys. We proceed into the cave. But keep your EYES and EARS open. Beta and Gamma focus on finding and helping the little girl. Omega and I will find out if anything else lurks in the cave." Something was telling me something was up. This didn't...feel right. I felt in thr blind down here. So, I activated the one power that did just the opposite. The Wolf Sense. This should help quite a bit. A also draw LaZaRuS. I don't fully activate it, but keep it in my hand, ready to respond to any stimulus this cave gives me.
Tr_ppy
#194163151Thursday, July 21, 2016 1:16 AM GMT

(bbbbump)
Tr_ppy
#194208028Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:48 PM GMT

(post before was my six hundred and sixty sixth post. Narly) Know yourself Know your worth
Perambulation
#194208600Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:57 PM GMT

(sorry for the late response dude) DM From your Wolf Sense, you can tell that the cave branches off into three directions: forward, left, and right. The girl's crying seems to come from all three of the branches, confusing your Wolf Pack Squadron for a few minutes. Just then, the girl's cry sharply echoes through the left cave branch, indicating that she might just be in there. Outside, the blizzard is getting exponentially worse, with radio comms between the AMSUs and the local defense HQ becoming more scattered and static-filled. The Commander manages to get at least one message through before the signal is lost entirely. "Wolf Pack Squadron, hang in there. The blizzard is scheduled to end in about 40 mintues, after which we will send our reinforcements for back-up, over."
Chipmunkfan2321
#194211006Thursday, July 21, 2016 6:33 PM GMT

MOVE THIS IN RP NATION 1X1 SUB-FORUM, OR MOVE THIS TO PM. IF YOU DON'T DO EITHER, I WILL EAT YOU!
Perambulation
#194214869Thursday, July 21, 2016 7:28 PM GMT

(just get out of here. there is nothing illegal about ISRPs on this forum, ya ignorant fool.)
Tr_ppy
#194215074Thursday, July 21, 2016 7:31 PM GMT

Carter The sound was coming from the left branch, I found. I was still confused. How could her calls be heard from all three branches? Just didn't make sense. Soon after I got Bjorn's message. This bllizard really helped out the mood. I just wanted to save the girl and wait the blizzard out. "Beta and Gamma stay here. Omega and I proceed into the branch." I called for the little girl. "Hello! Is anyone in here!"
Tr_ppy
#194325725Saturday, July 23, 2016 2:02 AM GMT

(Late night bump)
Perambulation
#195127879Monday, August 01, 2016 8:50 PM GMT

DM As your squadron approaches the left branch, you notice a small little girl crying on the cold, hard, rocky surface of the cave. The more you approach the girl, the more she cries. It seems as if she is lost, apparently only dressed in a tattered parka and half a boot.
Tr_ppy
#195212787Tuesday, August 02, 2016 9:58 PM GMT

Carter There she is. I let go of a sigh I had bern holding on to the past minutes. I didn't want to frighten her, but we still had a Leviathan to find and slay. We have to secure this girls safety. "Omega take her lightly and hold her up. Proceed to give her to Gamma. After that come back and help me find the Leviathan. I will venturr further down the cave." Omega gestures to pick the girl up. I vanished into the cave before I could see if he succeeded. I needed to find this Leviathan as fast as possible. "Prometheus loop all known Leviathan calls through Alpha. This should draw this thing out. Maybe let it think I'm its mate or whatever. Just do it, now." "Understood..." In return I turned on LaZaRuS.
Perambulation
#195350482Thursday, August 04, 2016 3:23 PM GMT

DM As you begin to reach out towards the girl, she stops crying altogether. She does not seem to want to enter your AMSU's palm, but instead begins to back away. As the girl does so, her eyes begin to take on a shade of red and her head begins to tilt in an unnatural manner. Before your Squadron can react, the girl disappears and in her place a Leviathan appears and knocks down your AMSU. It immediately begins to claw out several parts using its sharp talons, not caring if its own body parts are being mangled in the process thanks to the regenerative-powers of the I-Field.
Tr_ppy
#195360301Thursday, August 04, 2016 5:30 PM GMT

(I could imagine the transformation. Made the hair on my back stand.) Carter The first thing I could say was,"Holy-." The rest was cut off by the talons of the Leviathan scraping my AMSU. I should have seen it coming. Why didn't Wolf Sense alarm me. Back to the situation. The Leviathan has sharp talons, really sharp. I need to get it off before it cuts deep into vital wires. I grip LaZuRuS in my right hand a send it up the torso of the Leviathan. It won't do too much damage because of the I-Field. All for distraction. "Gamma activate deep synch do your thing!". Thankfully Gamma comes in hand at this moment in time. He has an ability to be able to solely eradicate a Leviathan's I-Field with his deep sync. He may not be that much of a fighter, but he's most usefull here. "Omega cluster barrage on whatever this thing is after I'm loose", I squirm through the comms.
Perambulation
#195437799Friday, August 05, 2016 4:46 PM GMT

DM The Vaccaroan Defense Force Commander became visibly distressed upon hearing the various radio comms that the Wolf Pack Squadron are broadcasting. It has been confirmed that the Squadron has engaged the Leviathan, codenamed Joker by the Defense Force. Joker stumbled backwards upon receiving the LaZuRus, but its I-Field managed to keep it together for the meantime. The Leviathan let out a strange laughter that echoed throughout the cave system, which would send most people a chill in their spines. Upon detecting the Deep Sync incoming, the Leviathan ran down deeper into the cave system, towards the left branch of the fork. Its hideous laughter continued to echo through the cave.
Tr_ppy
#195445571Friday, August 05, 2016 6:53 PM GMT

Carter I could not lie. I was actually a bit scared of this Leviathan. Its sharp talons, shape shifting, and laugh, it all made me a bit anxious. This is like nothing I've ever seen. Luckily I could track it with its horrible laughter. I was like a bat in this cave with Wolf Sense, being able to track sound back to its original locations . Joker went down the left branch. I have to be smart in this attack. We could be walking into another ambush. "Squadron members we have now encountered this Leviathan named Joker. It appears to be able to shape shift, tear metal with ease with its razor sharp claws, and other things we have yet to discover. We need a more complex plan for the mission, Beta draw something up." "Sure thing Alpha give me a few seconds to send a battle plan to our HUDs." Normally, I would be the one making the plans. I am the leader, I should be to do so. Normally it goes well, and I hardly ever revert to asking Beta for a plan. This, however, is not a normal mission. We fight a clever Leviathan. We need justnas much clever to beat it. Beta is our only hope. "Incoming message, sir. Showing on the HUD", said Prometheus. I looked at the HUD hard. Could It work? This was a bit risky but I don't doubt it won't work. Let's do it. "Good plan Beta, pray to the gods it works." Then the plan is in action. Omega steps out from our huddle and proceeds to the left branch. Gamma follows too but then vanishes from sight. Probably the cloaking software Beta just installed in our AMSU. Beta does the same, and I do as well. We follow Omega in invisibility, hoping to ambush the Leviathan in plain sight. I sure do hope these cloaks won't fail us. Or we are walking to a much more difficult fight.
Perambulation
#195447017Friday, August 05, 2016 7:14 PM GMT

(just keep in mind, Deep Syncs are reserved for the most desperate situations. the mental damage that Deep Syncs can cause is too risky for normal Leviathan engagements.) DM The Leviathan continued its mocking cackle as it led the Wolf Pack Squadron deeper into the caves. All around the AMSUs, multiple glowing crystals dotted both the ceiling and the floor of the cave system, enough to astonish most people. The beautiful sight did not last much longer, as the deeper the AMSUs entered the caves the crystals turned from brilliant shades of blue, green, and purple, to a more sinister shade of blood-red. At once, the cackling stopped at the cave entered into total silence. Before the AMSUs could react though, the all light sources went dark and the AMSUs could not see each other.
Tr_ppy
#195449111Friday, August 05, 2016 7:50 PM GMT

Carter This wasn't part of the plan. The plan was to put Joker in the blind. Now we are. But we still had to keep the plan in action and not alert Joker of our presence. Omega was to act as bait, to draw out Joker. He would do just that. "JOKER! COME OUT YOU COWARD." With those words Omega fire cluster missles in random directions, careful not to hit us. While he did that the rest of us spread out, using eachothers AMSU ping as directions.
Perambulation
#195449583Friday, August 05, 2016 7:57 PM GMT

DM The darkness continued to hinder the AMSU squadron as the Leviathan began to toy with each and every pilot of the group. Joker did not go out into a full ambush, but rather startled each AMSU pilot with playful pokes and slaps with its limbs, trying to get the AMSU pilots into a panicked state. "This is Commander Bjorn, we lost you, Wolf Pack Squadron, on our sensors! What is going on, report!"
Tr_ppy
#195456844Friday, August 05, 2016 9:43 PM GMT

Carter This Leviathan was starting to ignore the @$!% out of me. I wanted to get this over with. The cloak wasnt working against this thing. I drew LaZuRuS and the light emitted from it helped. I wanted to slay this thing and get the devil out. We also couldn't receive backup. No communication with the commander. "Come and fight me you idiot beast!" I roared.
Perambulation
#195538187Saturday, August 06, 2016 11:28 PM GMT

DM "...With...pleasssure...", came in a very distorted voice through every single Wolf Pack Squadron pilot. Without warning, Joker snapped its grotesque fingers to lift up the darkness surrounding the AMSU pilots. In its stead, a strange world of white appeared, with pristine tiles dotting the surface as far as most can see. Various mirrors appeared to be hanging in thin air, making the are much more disorienting than otherwise. The Leviathan poofed into existence and revealed its hideous body, dotted with tattoo-like markings and limbs that end up with razor-sharp talons. Joker continued to cackle like a mad man and created multiple copies of itself, surrounding the Wolf Pack Squadron. "You...die...here...", whispered the horrendous monster.
Tr_ppy
#195543933Sunday, August 07, 2016 12:55 AM GMT

Carter It was the first time I had ever heard a Leviathan speak. It was terrifying. Its words echoed in my head. It was right about one thing, though. Something dying here. It was wrong that it would be us but itself. I didn't have to give orders, I couldn't really. We had to attack fast before it did. I first engaged on the nearest Joker, pointing LaZaRuS to it, and firing several energy blasts. I jumped in the air, and proceeded to slash the Leviathan in a half with one move. I could see the others doing their thing from my HUD cameras. Beta fired shots from his HoloHAC at any Joker enclosing it and Gamma. Gamma seemed to be trying to sync and disable the I-Fields of Joker. Good. Omega was doing as always, being absolutely ruthless. He charged a Joker head first and stuck his conjoined photon blade through the beast. He also pulled out his own HoloHAC and fired shots directly to the Leviathans face. Ouch.

of     6   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right