Perambulation
#195619824Monday, August 08, 2016 12:55 AM GMT

DM Every time an AMSU managed to kill a Joker apparition, another one appeared in its stead, picking up right where the fallen was. The Leviathan continue to let out a creepy laugh as its mirror-scape became slowly bloody both from the AMSUs and the Joker clones' wounds being inflicted through battle. It seems as if the whole situation is hopeless for the Wolf Pack Squadron, when a strange beacon begins to blink in the distance. This beacon resembles a diamond crystal, letting out a steady pulse of green light. From what you can tell, it seems to be somehow directing the Joker horde, with multiple blinks corresponding to the attack patterns used by the horde.
Perambulation
#195666238Monday, August 08, 2016 5:13 PM GMT

(bump check #3)
Tr_ppy
#195688610Monday, August 08, 2016 10:09 PM GMT

Carter The fight was hopeless. It felt like an eternity, a doom just waiting for us. Then the pulses of green light came. The squadron stopped attacking and looked at where it was coming from. "What the-", I said.
Perambulation
#195698375Tuesday, August 09, 2016 12:19 AM GMT

(I kinda expected you to go for the beacon and destroy it...)
Tr_ppy
#195712562Tuesday, August 09, 2016 3:09 AM GMT

(Sorry, I didn't even fully understand that myself, and I was tired when I posted this. I just wanted to get a post out before the day ended. School just started for me again. So, yea, just I guess I change to where the squadron destroys it and finds a way to kill Joker.)
Perambulation
#195838094Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:08 PM GMT

DM Joker's smile immediately vanished upon the Wolf Pack Squadron's successful destruction of its control beacon. The maniacal Leviathan became consumed by an intense hatred, and fused all of its clones back into itself. The white landscape became twisted and jagged as multiple tiles grew into gigantic mountains without any warning. The Leviathan once again snapped its fingers to form another hallucination for the Wolf Pack Squadron: the hallucination of being burned alive. Sure, the actual bodies are not being damaged, but the sheer realistic nature of the hallucination can cause most to actually die from the imaginary flames.
bigbriangoad
#195838612Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:16 PM GMT

this thread reminds me of sights Fried not Baked
Perambulation
#195839695Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:30 PM GMT

(get lost)
Tr_ppy
#195913387Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:48 PM GMT

Carter The only thing I could focus on was the flames. The bloody red flames that licked my body. I flashback to when I was a kid. Helpless being beated up by bullies after school. Worries that bring out the worst in me. Pure rage. The whole reason I joined this whole thing. I could care less about the flames now. I radiated pure anger. The wolf tatto on my neck burnt against my skin, my irises began to shrink. I was fueled by pure anger. Joker was like those kids who tortured me in my youth. The rage from that drives me to end Joker. Soon I started to realize the flames weren't actually...there. The anger overrode the fear of being burnt alive. This was all an illusion. I had to warn the others and end Joker. I roared into my comms, the anger still in my blood. "Snap out of it! Its all an illusion! Think of a memory that gives you some sort of emotion. Anger, sadness, anything. Snap out." Meanwhile, I charge Joker.
Perambulation
#195925641Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:57 PM GMT

DM Joker obviously did not expect one of the pilots to break away from the illusion. As a result, the sudden charge from an AMSU unit caught the Leviathan off-guard, sending the two giants crashing down to the floor. The hallucinatory landscape faded away instantly, revealing the Vaccaroan cave system once more. The Vaccaroan Defense Force immediately picked up the Wolf Pack Squadron on their scanners, and quickly sent out a message to confirm their statuses. "This is the Defense Force HQ to the Wolf Pack Squadron, what happened out there? We thought we lost you all on our screens, over." The flaming hallucination stops as well, freeing up the Squadron to get back to their positions.
Tr_ppy
#196025832Saturday, August 13, 2016 12:09 AM GMT

Carter I juggled to things at once, fighting Joker and speaking with the commander. I first jabbed the Leviathan with LaZaRus, aiming for the head. Next I spoke some words through my comms. "Hard to talk commander, this Leviathan is more than I thought. Its has some power to manipulate the surroundings and us. Don't worry, though commander, the pack has this under control." I then fired shots from my secondary at Joker, hoping to take it down. I get on my comms again. "Foward assault, take this thing down before it conjures another illusion."
Perambulation
#196149518Sunday, August 14, 2016 1:27 PM GMT

DM Joker stopped simply messing around with the Wolf Pack Squadron, as it is evident that the pilots are not to be underestimated. Wiping away the blood dripping from its mouth, the Leviathan quickly sprinted away to the surface, trying to lure the Wolf Pack Squadron into a more open space so that the Leviathan could work some more expansive illusions.
Tr_ppy
#196154938Sunday, August 14, 2016 3:13 PM GMT

Carter I knew better than to just follow. We had to do the unexpected. "Omega and Beta retreat. Make it seem as if you leave the battle. Gamma you stay with me. We should have a better chance of withstanding the illusion. This thing has to focus when it makes the illusion, right? Beta and Omega strike it from afar and up close when it does. Move out." Gamma and I follow the Leviathan while Beta and Omega retreat backwards.
Tr_ppy
#196418705Wednesday, August 17, 2016 11:52 PM GMT

(Bump)
Perambulation
#196762128Monday, August 22, 2016 1:31 PM GMT

DM Joker moved out into the blizzard, still at its strongest point, without any concern. For all the Leviathan cared, as long as the AMSUs are destroyed along with it, that's the end of that. The crazed beast immediately fired off multiple energy beams to try and entice the rest of the Wolf Pack Squadron to follow it into the severe blizzard. The Leviathan also made moves towards the local mining colony, threatening to kill off hundreds of civilians in one move.
Tr_ppy
#196770790Monday, August 22, 2016 4:31 PM GMT

Carter This Leviathan was something else. I need to catch it off guard again. But the cold was something else, another factor in this battle. "Prometheus activate Pursuit and Insessance, turn 20% of our power towards system heat." I then switched to my comms. "Stay with the plan. I'm bull rushing this thing, supply me with cover fire." I then converged on the leviathan. With LaZaRuS in one hand. I sprinted through the thick snow.
Perambulation
#196812433Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:12 AM GMT

DM The Leviathan met the incoming AMSU pilot without any hesitation. It was obvious that the now somewhat enraged Wolf Pack Squadron leader would go out to the front-lines to try and subdue the maniacal beast. Joker quietly chuckled at the simple nature of the AMSU pilot as it effortlessly grabbed the incoming LaZaRus strike, stopping the AMSU's swing by its wrist. Then, something completely unexpected unfolded before the Wolf Pack Squadron's eyes. Without warning, the Leviathan began to take a more metallic shape, resembling an AMSU of sorts. What the Wolf Pack Squadron did not expect at all was for Joker to take on the exact appearance of the Wolf Pack Squadron leader's AMSU, as it it was a clone of the original. The blizzard picked up more speed and completely ruined the visibility, fading the Leviathan out of view.
Tr_ppy
#196848146Tuesday, August 23, 2016 4:22 PM GMT

Carter I remember when I was a kid, always wanting a twin brother. I'd always wished for the possible swip swaps, and posing as the other brother. My wish had come true, but not in the way I had wanted. This could be a danger to the others. I had to get to them before it was too late. "Squadron, Joker has transformed itself into me. It looks exactly, and I mean EXACTLY like me. BE CAREFUL, we regroup back into the cave. If you see me before I alert you all I am at the cave, roger." I hurry to the cave, hoping to beat Joker if at all it transitions to the cave.
Perambulation
#196989621Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:15 PM GMT

DM To the Wolf Pack Squadron's hindrance, the blizzard only became progressively worse as they approached the cave once more. It came to the point of being practically blind, with even radar and other sensors unable to pick up any signals. Despite their predicament, the Squadron managed to barely enter the cave once more, tired out by the perilous trek back. As the Squadron members checked each other's statuses, they noticed that the Wolf Pack Squadron leader is missing. The Leviathan, Joker, had kidnapped Carter's AMSU into an alternate dimension in order to perfect its deception. After a few minutes in this dimension, the Leviathan let out Carter back into the cave. However, it is already late as the now disguised Joker had already met up with the Wolf Pack Squadron.
Tr_ppy
#196990914Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:43 PM GMT

(So In the wrong part of the cave?) Carter I couldn't see the others any where. I immediately switched to my comms. "Where are you guys!" Omega replied soon after. "Uh, with you.." My eyes widened, and I began to sprint deeper into the cave. "Thats not me, its Joker; I repeat ITS JOKER!" I summon Prometheus. "Give me coordinates to the others, NOW!"
Perambulation
#196992673Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:22 PM GMT

DM As the horrifying realization begins to spread among the Wolf Pack Squadron, Joker immediately let out another chilling laugh as its AMSU form began to mutate. Although the various AMSU components are still there, multiple tentacles and other organic matter ripped onto the surface, bringing about an unholy combination of metal and flesh. The now hybrid AMSU-Leviathan Joker fired off multiple Cluster Missiles towards the Wolf Pack Squadron, intending to start off the offensive with a bang. Without giving the Squadron time to react, the Leviathan slithered its tentacles and grabbed two of the Squadron members to thrash about.
Tr_ppy
#196995375Thursday, August 25, 2016 6:15 PM GMT

Carter The cave rumbled from some sort of attack. Oh no. Thankfully after a while of venturing through the cave the others showed up on my HUD. Soon, I saw them in person. Joker looked completely evil. He was more dangerous than ever too. I needed to help my mates. But charging the thing won't work, it hasn't been. I had the element of suprise. I creeped along the edge of the cave,using Beta's invisibility cloak.
Perambulation
#197083018Friday, August 26, 2016 11:17 PM GMT

DM All of a sudden, the Leviathan snapped towards a seemingly empty part of the cave, staring it down like there is no tomorrow. Its full hatred manifested as a barrage of Railgun Rounds towards the cloaked AMSU, as Joker can detect other users of dimensional manipulation. After firing its load, the Leviathan continued to advance towards two of the Wolf Pack Squadron members, activating its energy-infused claws to end their lives.
Tr_ppy
#197090186Saturday, August 27, 2016 1:02 AM GMT

Carter The mounds soared towards me. # darted to the left, and rolled hard on the earth. # couldn't look to see if I had succeeded, because my eyes were fixed on Joker. It headed towards Gamma and Beta, looking to end them with its claws. I'd had enough with this beast. It wouldn't be killing anything today, I would. # charged the leviathan, being driven by the annoyance and anger I have gained fighting this thing. # unsheathed LaZaRuS and head butted Joker in the face with it. # then unleashed all the anger I had bottled up. # self summoned Rapid Attack and ########### # hit Joker over and over again, more anger being released after each hit. A kick to the abdomen, an uppercut to the face, multiple shots from LaZaRuS at every single #### #### this thing was. # wouldn't stop until this things was dead. It was me and it, and one of us was going to die.
Perambulation
#197166372Saturday, August 27, 2016 10:15 PM GMT

DM The Leviathan staggered back from every punch and slash that Carter threw at it, becoming visibly injured for every attack endured. Joker obviously became very angered by the sudden barrage, and so manipulated the surrounding dimension to create multiple tentacles on the ground. These tentacles quickly grabbed onto Carter's AMSU and held him down on the ground. With the AMSU pilot now immobile, the Leviathan proceeded to draw out its own perverse Photon-Blade, intending to lunge it through the AMSU's chest.