of     105   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

AlwaysDrowsy
#194619834Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:13 PM GMT

This is the second installment of a petition designed to help improve the way Roblox functions and players are treated. The first petition got over 25 pages of support from the Roblox community. I could start this off with the "When in the course of human events.... " but let's just get on to the petition instead. 1. Expand the number of trading slots. Having only four trade slots for each party to use during a trade is simply not enough for players to exclusively conduct business. Numerous people attempt to get around this by sending multiple trades and hoping that the other party follows through. Sometimes people are forced to use a middle man to hold items to conduct business. A lot of the time these methods work just fine, but it adds unnecessary risk into something that would otherwise be very simple. Many people get scammed because they cannot fit into a trade all the items that they would like and resort to other measures. The simple fix to this would be to add more trading slots! Less people would get scammed because the trading system would resolve more of the needs of Robloxians. It is currently possible for two parties to complete 10 trades, gaining 3 items each, within a period of 30 minutes. That's 30 transferable items. Why not let each party be able to put 30 items in from the start? That would solve a lot of item-theft issues. 2. Allow trades for all assets If Roblox allowed people to trade their other assets, such as groups or maybe even game rights through Roblox’s trade system, people would be able to utilize Roblox's official trade system more frequently, which will help to prevent scamming. People will constantly try to go around the trade system's limitations until Roblox expands the trade system in such a way that it will allow more users to exchange their assets. Implementing some or all of these ideas would decrease scamming significantly. Roblox is constantly showing that their goal is for trading to be done through their medium exclusively. To really accomplish this, they need to expand the exchange system to fit everyone's needs. 3. Add a sort of "Due Process" for Roblox With Roblox’s popularity growing at such a high rate, having people spend more and more money on this website’s products, there is no question that Robloxians deserve a form of protection from unfair termination and bans. In the United States court of law, due process is the idea that a citizen is entitled to certain legal rights when being charged with a crime. The prosecutor must clearly state the crime of which the person is being accused and the person is also given the right to have an attorney among many other things. I am not in any way suggesting that Roblox set up some sort of virtual court to deal with bans, but what I am suggesting is that Roblox provide the person that they accuse of breaking the rules with three things: 1. A distinct accusation. What rule did they break? 2. Roblox’s evidence of them breaking the rule. Chat logs? Forum thread? Suspicious activity? 3. Give the user a fair chance to defend themselves. If the user has counter-evidence to prove that the original evidence is inconclusive, allow them to provide it and have it fairly examined. Obviously not all bans are unjust; some people deserve to be banned or terminated for their actions. However, I have seen so many cases of people getting what appears to be an unfair termination, that it simply isn’t logical that all of them are just. Everyone deserves the right to know why they are being moderated and they need to be given a FAIR chance to provide proof that a misunderstanding is at hand when such a misunderstanding exists! I realize that as it stands now, Roblox puts their bans into one of many small categories, but that simply is not enough. People are giving their money to this company, often in large quantities, making moderation more fair is the least that Roblox can do. It would be much easier for Roblox to focus on this if they decreased the amount of work that was put on them through item and account theft among other things. That's where points 4 and 5 come in. 4. Take a Trade-at-your-own-risk stance Roblox is trying to take on the impossible task of policing the entire website. As the community has grown in size and more rules are added, Roblox has set themselves up to fail. It is simply not possible to catch every rule breaker with the current system and in the process of trying, people are getting away with more significant offences while victims are being left without help; the Roblox moderation team has too much on their plate. That is why I am suggesting that Roblox take a stance of neutrality with trading in general. "Trade at your own risk" This is something that Steam currently does that I believe Roblox can learn from. I do not work for Roblox and thus do not know their actual statistics, but I would speculate that a large majority of their inquiries come from item theft. If Roblox made it very clear that when people traded assets, they did so assuming their own risk, Roblox would not have to dump their time and effort into attempting to figure out whether or not a person acted with malicious intent. Should I be able to swim without a lifeguard present? Of course! I would do so at my own risk. Taking this stance would allow for easier trading between people within the community because, as things stand currently, many rule-abiding people fear moderation or termination due to an over-worked moderation staff attempting an unfeasible task. If I want to let my friend borrow one of my items to wear for a day, I should be able to do that without risking moderation. Coupled with an improved trading system, this stance could free up energy and time for a moderation staff that would be able to better-serve everyone. 5. Improve account security Over the past few months their have been many big-name account intrusions. From well known game developers, to wealthy traders, to even a former admin, it has been made clear on numerous occasions that the website's security in its current state is not safe. I realize that Roblox is working hard to improve this, but I feel that there is one simple change that could be done that would make accounts much safer. Once again, I look to Steam and how they have an optional mobile security authentication system that forces someone logging into an account from a new IP to enter a special code sent to a mobile device of the account owner's choosing. This is brilliant and allows for much safer account access. This could be implimented with Roblox through the mobile app, giving much more traffic there from a business standpoint. It could also be done through email and work just as well. Steam's justification for added security is that "your account is valuable." With the addition of DevEx, Roblox accounts have also become valuable and deserve just as much, if not more security. 6. Bring back comments in an altered state Item comments were abused by many, but they did have their benefits for people in the trading community. People relied heavily on these comments to trade their items. With them gone, it becomes much more difficult to exchange items. It could be argued that this is the purpose of the "Let's Make a Deal" subforum, but not every single trader participates in this forum. Comments allowed for people to more-easily make deals with one another, which is why I believe that they should be brought back in a different manner. What if instead of removing comments entirely, only owners of the hat, gear, face were allowed to comment on them? This would allow for people who own the item to actually talk about it rather than random accounts used to promote spam. Roblox did something similar to this for a while by putting an orange check mark next to the usernames of owners of the item. This kind of acted as an "Ignore everyone without a check" feature. Why not take this a step further? It would give people in the trading community the medium that they so desperately need and reduce spam. I say reduce because it is not possible to 100% moderate everything, as stated before. However, that is no excuse to keep comments disabled. Some planes crash; does that mean that no one should ever get in one? 7. Improve Forum Moderation This may seem unnecessary, but a slight change in moderation would cause an immense number of benefits for the website. It can be difficult for moderators to delete every thread that is against the rules; some of them go by unseen due to the moderator’s difficult job of scanning over all threads in an entire forum. This only accounts for some of the missed threads and posts that go by. Some of them are due to a sheer bit of ignorance on the moderator’s part. That is not intended to be taken as an insult. I ask you all, how can an outsider to a forum be expected to moderate it? That is just it; they cannot. I propose that strong community leaders are given more power in the moderation process. Do not misinterpret what I just said; I am not suggesting that Roblox reverts back into the old community moderation system where users have complete moderation power. I am instead suggesting that community moderators work alongside the current Roblox moderators. These individuals, who would be hand-selected by Roblox, would have a way to report threads that are inappropriate or go against Roblox’s terms of service in some way; they would have no actual deletion ability whatsoever. I can sense what many of you are thinking. “There already is a report button!” That report button is used and abused by so many Robloxians, to the point of it being useless. These community moderator reports would take priority over regular Robloxian reports. This would bring the moderator’s attention to more of the inappropriate threads and posts increase the speed at which they are removed. Another great benefit of this, the community moderators would certainly be willing to do this at no cost to the company. 8. Fix groups This is a minor point, but I still believe that it should be here. For whatever reason, groups are incredibly glitchy, to the point of being difficult to use. This is especially an issue in large groups when trying to make changes. With the addition of group funds and games, groups are the way of the future for Roblox so it is vital that all group functions run smoothly all the time. If you agree with any or all of these improvements, help us make them a reality! Share this thread with everyone you know. Bump this thread like there’s no tomorrow! Email this message to Roblox! Send messages to admins! If we show that a large enough portion of Roblox supports this, we can truly bring change. Let’s make a difference! Sign the petition! Finally, I would just like to address the Roblox staff for a moment. In no way am I trying to insult or belittle Roblox as a whole. I truly enjoy and care about this website, which is why I am really pushing for these improvements to be made, so that an already amazing community can be made even better. I sincerely hope that each and every one of you is able to take a look at this thread and truly consider the benefits and risks of taking these actions. I would be more than willing to talk about any of these points in more detail. I would also like to commend Roblox for addressing one of the points in the old petition which was to address the hyper-inflation that was hitting Roblox items. The removal of tickets and the features that went with that helped to servery lower inflation to an acceptable rate. Hopefully these other recommendations will be taken under consideration. Thanks, AlwaysDrowsy Trade - https://www.roblox.com/groups/group.aspx?gid=598411 Ꮜnion - https://www.roblox.com/groups/group.aspx?gid=2653751 Original Petition: https://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=174598200 I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.
iShadowGT
#194620456Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:21 PM GMT

iShadowGT
#194620495Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:22 PM GMT

iJava
#194620625Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:23 PM GMT

signed -Widths
Ultimized
#194620630Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:23 PM GMT

Signed/support/have my babies
Dabbed
#194620653Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:24 PM GMT

signed
Ethswimmer
#194620685Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:24 PM GMT

Complete support. Poker123456789 was unfairly deleted because these things are NOT practiced by ROBLOX.
Ezok
#194620774Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:26 PM GMT

signed
Goro_Shigeno
#194620785Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:26 PM GMT

Signed 🏀REBOUND KING 🏀 BASKETBALLMAN 🏀 +12k Posts🏀
qliz
#194620842Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:26 PM GMT

Amen! Signed. r+://434227468r+://434227578 offer on R$67
healthyblob
#194620873Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:27 PM GMT

Suport
Nuki_Nater
#194621046Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:29 PM GMT

Full support don't know how on some of the points but I support it Hi I'm nuke98, what's your name?
AzureAres
#194621271Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:32 PM GMT

Signed
Veloric
#194621879Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:40 PM GMT

i like it. signed. /Vel/
Shiny_God
#194621920Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:41 PM GMT

Signed August 9th, Big things are coming or a huge fail.
Glowning
#194621963Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:41 PM GMT

Signed
EternalTerror
#194622087Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:43 PM GMT

Signed 💲 ím thє вαddєst, í'm thє mєαnєst, ím sαshα вαnks! ™💲 https://www.roblox.com/Aint-your-mama-Jennifer-Lopez-item?id=407533666
hawkman8889
#194622169Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:44 PM GMT

Signed
Kampfkarren
#194622249Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:45 PM GMT

wall of text
Y_0
#194622396Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:47 PM GMT

signed oh 🌩
iStratix
#194622448Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:47 PM GMT

unless u show this to mods or something, writing all of this was pointless
AlwaysDrowsy
#194622573Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:49 PM GMT

I disagree. Sitting on my butt and doing nothing is pointless. This isn't pointless. I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.
Asppenn
#194622575Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:49 PM GMT

Signed
ove_n
#194622592Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:49 PM GMT

Signed. Especially with the comment idea, very solid and I'd definitely look forward to seeing that.
ScriptedDonut
#194622649Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:50 PM GMT

support

of     105   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right