herojack24
#205114851Friday, December 23, 2016 1:42 AM GMT

No Support. No BuMPz Either
MightyDantheman
#205114988Friday, December 23, 2016 1:43 AM GMT

Reason? ~MightyDantheman~
batguy234
#205115187Friday, December 23, 2016 1:46 AM GMT

Support, but in the models there should be an undeletable item that will disable it from being sold
Alex_Hartfield
#205115368Friday, December 23, 2016 1:49 AM GMT

MightyDantheman
#205115823Friday, December 23, 2016 1:55 AM GMT

@batguy Models will be tagged in their properties as a read-only property. If tagged, they will not be able to be uploaded directly and cannot be inserted into a game of which the owner does not own the model. ~MightyDantheman~
Ninja_Deer
#205120879Friday, December 23, 2016 2:53 AM GMT

-- I didn't read much of the replies to the post so don't condemn me :( This isn't totally plausible. Depending how they do it, people could still steal and republish the model by reading the xml (or whatever they use) for the roblox place (probably.) Also, localscripts can be stolen anyways so this wouldn't really work. Plugins should not be sellable because players who use these plugins need to know what they do. It would be easy to do a bit of "hax" on the plugin's part if we, the users of this plugin, couldn't read source code. -- However, this would be great if we can sell module scripts (that work exactly the same way they do now, but you can sell them.) But then people who own these modules can put malicious code in them and your game gets rekt. Also, if the owner removes his source from the code, you get rekt and so will your money. This could be fixed if they did version number usage. require(id,version) It would be just like node.js' NPM library, but with payments. In the end... no support.
nucleardread
#205121120Friday, December 23, 2016 2:56 AM GMT

Support. Drop the nukes! RAP: 4,490
Its_Ashleiigh
#205124361Friday, December 23, 2016 3:33 AM GMT

Support. I feel really bad for people who make things such as Runways or Maps for groups or games and are only scammed out of what they were supposed to earn/ their work. I've seen many cases where people would make a map for people's in-game stores and end up not receiving payment. Even though the "owner" is using the map. This could be the solution to that problem, and as other people say; What about copiers? I personally believe all SOLD models should automatically be made into a mesh or a union. OP Has mentioned that the properties wouldn't be able to be modified, but who says you can't just do it brick for brick alongside the actual model? It's just like buying a free model, editing it, and putting it up for display or selling it (the current way people do it.) for more than the owner would even sell it for. Some of this may not make sense as I'm not super familiar with models, though I do build. // Unrelated note, Scripts should be sold too.
therobloxsoldier084
#205134126Friday, December 23, 2016 5:54 AM GMT

Support. This would lessen the exploits in a model that is going to be infected by that model. And this will prevent botting a model and/or a plugin. sincerely, roblox soldier (RAP: 7)
Disillusions
#205142079Friday, December 23, 2016 8:59 AM GMT

@ash, you do know that unions have a triangle limit and meshparts and unions both don't have accurate collisions in large groups... so that would definetely not work.
MightyDantheman
#205162861Friday, December 23, 2016 3:41 PM GMT

@Disillusions I do also want to point out that an alternative to blocking tagged solid models to be separated would be to still keep them tagged even after separated or unioned. While local scripts can still be stolen, that's where ModuleScripts come in. ~MightyDantheman~
king1magician
#205164685Friday, December 23, 2016 4:14 PM GMT

in robloxx everything can be copied
MightyDantheman
#205169359Friday, December 23, 2016 5:12 PM GMT

king, it's not that simple. ~MightyDantheman~
Disillusions
#205208940Saturday, December 24, 2016 12:55 AM GMT

you may think this idea is simple, but its not. if its a good idea,why haven't the ROBLOX team added it in? i'm pretty sure they've thought to sell models, like they've thought to sell clothing, hats, etc. there are more problems then benefits with this.
king1magician
#205211066Saturday, December 24, 2016 1:18 AM GMT

player can find glitchs to copy it just like the shirts
MightyDantheman
#205244039Saturday, December 24, 2016 12:24 PM GMT

king, copying shirts is not a glitch. It's as simple as looking at the clothing content and copying the image. Simply put that image in and you've got yourself a copied shirt. @Disillusions While you're not completely wrong, I think you're over exaggerating this a bit. There aren't as many problems as you're saying. I've even explained ways to resolve the problems that you did mention. But the whole reason I made this thread, to begin with, is to introduce a new possibility to how developers can sell their work. Right now, if you sell a script or model to someone and they buy it, that person can simply upload it and leak it to everyone else. That's extremely unfair to the original developer. In fact, all the problems you listed happen with or without tagged models being implemented either way. So implementing tagged models would actually only benefit developers. ~MightyDantheman~

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2