of     1   

Sublivion
#205173199Friday, December 23, 2016 5:53 PM GMT

So recently, well sorta recently, ROBLOX added a feature where you can have shaders/post-processing effects by inserting some of the new objects into either the player's camera or lighting(then to edit from localscript with FE or shown to all clients). Well, that's great; but what if you wanted to expand on that and have for example two different parts or meshes, which respond differently to things like shadows and lights and render with their own specific shaders. Why would you want to do this? Well, first of all we as game developers usually like to make our games realistic. If you had a huge laser beam and a neon sign, you wouldn't want those two to glow exactly the same! Or if you had a reflective surface, you could add a bloom or sunrays effects to make it more realistic, while giving over textures like plastic different shaders. So, sub, how do you think we should do this? I think that we should be able to insert post-processing effects into rendered objects(the ones that appear in game), not just lighting and CurrentCamera. This is a simple solution to a mind-tackling problem. If you have any other suggestions on how we should tackle this problem, feel free to comment below. I haven't really thought of any counter arguments, so in conclusion I think that this would massively improve creations on ROBLOX. TL;DR: Adding post-processing effects to parts as well for realism, other than just having them in the camera. -Sublivion
Chowderpat
#205173761Friday, December 23, 2016 5:58 PM GMT

Even though I'm not a scripter, I'm glad you explained this so I could understand it. I support this thread. The Hippie of S&I.
Sublivion
#205174303Friday, December 23, 2016 6:04 PM GMT

Thanks -Sublivion
SubStewYum
#205259141Saturday, December 24, 2016 4:38 PM GMT

bump
Sublivion
#205540576Tuesday, December 27, 2016 3:37 PM GMT

bump -Sublivion

of     1