of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

nintendo566
#206417263Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:14 AM GMT

The group numbers don't say it. OFL is increasing everyday. A league of this magnitude increases everyday. The OFL appears to be growing. It is not. It is slowly dying(. This is my advice on how to fix this broken, predictable league. I may not be the Commissioner anymore. I may not have time to run this league. However, I want best for this league. Please take these suggestions seriously and I hope they're implemented. *it will not literally die, but the number of quality players is decreasing which is causing a slow death towards a less skilled league. ================================= Part 1: Competitive Balance is Broken "Woohoo! I get to play on another team that has 0 chance of winning the Victory Bowl!" This is the sad reality for 3/4 of players that play on an OFL team. The OFL is to predictable and there is little room for upsets anymore as super teams have taken over. How to fix it: Either: Remove almost all franchise owners OR decrease league size to 16 teams while removing some incapable franchise owners What this will do: It will put hirings into the leagues hands which can strategically hire head coaches who should succeed (good players, quarterbacks, popular figures in OFL). Removing 4 teams will force 160 players onto 16 other teams which will increase skill level on each team instead of spreading it thin. ================================= Part 2: The Referee Dept is Broken Every week, many referees are illegal and referee the games incorrectly. Rules are not applied correctly. What even are the OFL rules? They haven't been updated for 3 seasons. How to fix it: Overhaul the rulebook and find a capable department manager to run this department. We don't need referee grading but someone to filter in and out the bad officials and make sure everyone knows the rules. Or decrease teams to 16. Also: Get a developer to clean up the referee GUI and make it easier and more interactive for an OFL referee to speed up games. What this will do: Many rules in the rulebook are outdated. I can list many OFL rules that many people mistaken even though the rule has never changed. This will organize the department and give some credibility to individual referees. ================================= Part 3: The Power Structure is Broken The Commissioner basically owns complete power. This can cause conflicts of interest and controvery How to fix it: Either the commissioner does not play on a team OR Overhaul the EB and take power away from the Commissioner and put it in the hands of many others. The "Executive Board" exists but they do very little at this point. Why this causes problems: Nothing against Mallard, but sometimes one mans decisions just aren't fair and it should be viewed through many peoples eyes. ================================= Part 4: The league is stale No gameplay changes have been made since the addition of 8v8/bigger field 4 seasons ago. The league soon becomes stale with no rule changes or gameplay changes. Change creates new challenges and strategy which is good to see. This goes hand and hand with the outdated rulebook, no rules are changing! The league is going stale! I'm not asking for 9v9, but maybe new tackling animations, something to change up the strategy in the OFL that can make it worth practicing. Anything that will affect the way the game is played will make the OFL fun and challenging ================================= Part 5: The current rules are not enforced What ever happened to 1 season in the OCFA in order to play in the OFL? Many rules are bent and questionable rulings are held down because the rules are not enforced. This creates a league that is ran by someone with to much power who can cause problems and controversy since we do not enforce our rules. How to fix it: Overhaul the rulebook, put in rules that are to be enforced, actually enforce rules in the rulebook ================================= I hope you take my ideas into consideration! -Nintendo
WaxNewton
#206417375Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:16 AM GMT

make the sprint more difficult to use instead of just a button press..
M4o_0
#206417434Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:17 AM GMT

Nintendo I couldn't agree more, wish you had the time to actually display most of the points regarding inside this forum.
TomTheNoob1204
#206417447Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:17 AM GMT

RIP LAWL ~ (NCAA) [Atlantic Coast Conference] ~
Bellarive
#206417460Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:17 AM GMT

SUPPORT
KingMakaveIi
#206417467Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:18 AM GMT

nin this is completely irrelevant its called if your a bad coach your team is bad, thats what new coaches are for, and the ref dept problems and all of these problems that are just now appearing are because you didnt solve them when you were commissioner...
jermster1
#206417503Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:18 AM GMT

100% agree with part 2 and 3
DcIsntClutch
#206417553Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:19 AM GMT

completely agreed make ofl great again by any means nessecary
JoshBradyIV
#206417611Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:20 AM GMT

I agree, Nin. Especially with the Ref thing. There should also be EB meetings like there was back in the day and the reinforcement of rules and such.
b3nnyf00tball
#206417619Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:20 AM GMT

gs nin. I agree on everything u said lmao. pls mail do this.
Bellarive
#206417633Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:20 AM GMT

Being an Executive Board Member since S6, I can confirm that we do little work. - We accept people and rank them - Vote for HOF when it comes around that's about it
WaxNewton
#206417649Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:20 AM GMT

"nin this is completely irrelevant its called if your a bad coach your team is bad, thats what new coaches are for, and the ref dept problems and all of these problems that are just now appearing are because you didnt solve them when you were commissioner..." How are these problems just now appearing because he didnt solve them? You cant solve a problem that doesnt exist lmfaooo
KingMakaveIi
#206417651Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:20 AM GMT

nvm ignroe my commment but i agree tho
KingMakaveIi
#206417681Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:21 AM GMT

wax i mean u could plan for the future by doing things that will later affect it a lot better
WaxNewton
#206417702Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:21 AM GMT

"nin this is completely irrelevant its called if your a bad coach your team is bad, thats what new coaches are for, and the ref dept problems and all of these problems that are just now appearing are because you didnt solve them when you were commissioner.." No one can predict what coaches are going to be trash and which ones will be legends lol
M4o_0
#206417711Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:21 AM GMT

Sorry for the +1 but I seriously couldn't agree more. Personally as an OFL player who has been around for a while, in my prospective at least change is NEEDED and it's NEEDED fast before the OFL goes down the path it doesn't want to go. I agree 100% with everything on this forum because it seems now every season in the OFL is the same.
b3nnyf00tball
#206417783Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:22 AM GMT

EVERYONE PM MAILARD THIS FORUM
M4o_0
#206417920Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:24 AM GMT

However I have to question why these changes wasn't even brought into the picture when you was the commissioner?
Jadis_Walker
#206418020Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:26 AM GMT

Nin just comeback u ugly 21 Reasons
DcIsntClutch
#206418142Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:28 AM GMT

the current commissioner is part of the problem, the dude would rather do anything but care for his own league
TheSliceOfLife
#206418149Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:28 AM GMT

agreed i usually found ofl to be the only league that was fun to me but now being in NCAAF there are only 6 teams and every game comes down to the final drive so it's really fun. ofl needs that competition level
VuoxzIII
#206418168Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:28 AM GMT

yea I totally support n agree
GloShawn
#206418349Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:31 AM GMT

yea Ninetendo!
Patriots017
#206418352Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:31 AM GMT

Every time somebody brings up an issue to Mallard, he replies with sarcasm and brings up how it was seasons ago. Bring some change. The playoffs are awful right now.. As you know, 2 divisions per conference of 6 teams each. 3 teams make the playoffs in each one. When the playoffs hit, the first team in each division makes the playoffs, while the other 2 play each other first round For S12 this is what happens #1 Warriors 7-0 (Bye, Coastal) #2 Greats 6-1 (Bye, Mountain) #3 Raiders (5-2, Mountain) #4 Turks (5-2, Mountain) #5 Bruisers (4-3, Coastal) #6 Destroyers (3-4, Coastal) The current format has Raiders playing Turks due to being in same division, but I don't think its fair. I think it should be #3 vs #6 and #4 vs #5. You should be rewarded with a good regular season instead of being forced to play divisional teams in the playoffs. The seeding should be used instead of divisions.
Landon_CoIIins
#206418379Thursday, January 05, 2017 3:32 AM GMT

LUL

of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right