of     1   

gmf34
#209335390Thursday, February 09, 2017 5:02 AM GMT

I currently have two of my major games under review due to "unfiltered models". The models I believe Roblox is referring to were a radio I found in free models and an admin script I found in free models. My question is why would these models be available to users if we would be punished for using them? Shouldn't Roblox remove these models from free models if we were to not be able to use them? Other concerns: I was recently banned for "uploading unfiltered models" I basically made a new server and copy and pasted the banned game into it cause I was not sure how to fix the models Roblox said were illegal. Roblox has been very vague with telling me what exactly I need to fix and how to fix it. I feel this hurts players who put many hours into building their games only to have them shut down for using models the game provided us with. I would also like to point out major clans on Roblox like Nights USA have two of their games under-review. Wouldn't this hurt the community? Major question: Why are Roblox users having their games shutdown for using models available to us on the game? Major suggestion: Tone down the server reviewing. Unless the game is promoting stuff that shouldn't be on Roblox, such as political stuff I see no reason why it should be under review. Also I request you tell us specifically what models are breaking your terms, I have no clue other than guessing what is "broken" or why my games are being shutdown for. Give me your thoughts
gmf34
#209335516Thursday, February 09, 2017 5:05 AM GMT

Tell me any problems you're having. Also let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix this.
Kannivalismos
#209336435Thursday, February 09, 2017 5:24 AM GMT

Total_Anger
#209338164Thursday, February 09, 2017 6:02 AM GMT

the points in the dev forum may be valid (tbh I didn't read it. Too long, but im sure they're valid) but, so are OP's. There's no reason to not tell you why they're putting the game under review, and no reason to delete the place first wihtout ever even hardly announcing the new rule and giving devs time to adjust to it. They're just like, "ok let's make this rule that is technically official, then hardly post about it anywhere so we can report places and blame them for not reading up on the dev forum."What kind of child's play is that?
Total_Anger
#209338209Thursday, February 09, 2017 6:04 AM GMT

I mean, no blog post about it? no tweet about it?
awesomegladpablo
#209338548Thursday, February 09, 2017 6:13 AM GMT

I support this post, and I agree with Total. If we are going to have updates and security like this, we need to be notified of it. We also need to be notified of what specific thing in our games is offensive, since not everyone would know. It's honestly stupid that OP got his place put "under review," or whatever it is, over a free model that EVERYONE is able to access in the Develop section.
9x0x0x0
#209339043Thursday, February 09, 2017 6:30 AM GMT

theyve been telling us omg
awesomegladpablo
#209339108Thursday, February 09, 2017 6:33 AM GMT

"theyve been telling us omg" Yeah... On a blog that hardly anyone goes to. If they had actually posted a thread in a sub-forum here so that we could know whether ROBLOX has even changed, we wouldn't be complaining about not knowing about it.
gmf34
#209339631Thursday, February 09, 2017 6:55 AM GMT

I was not aware of this until I got the PM saying that it was under review. They also said it was my "chat settings". They didn't cite a specific model or object within my game that was "contrary to roblox terms". So really how would I be able to fix it unless I had a firm understanding of the problem. Most people generally wouldn't.
Total_Anger
#209374258Thursday, February 09, 2017 11:24 PM GMT

Right? And the annoying thing is, on the devforum which they posted the news, you cannot even reply because u need to be granted an account by admins first. So you cannot ask any questions.
gmf34
#209383921Friday, February 10, 2017 1:45 AM GMT

To me it sounds like they did not think this update through and it did it in a hurry. I feel they take us for idiots and think we will comply without making any changes or retaliating.
godmartinmullen
#209384159Friday, February 10, 2017 1:48 AM GMT

The problem with this is what they're not pointing out the actual thing that's under review, or the thing that is banned. They never do this and they better bloody start, because it's been causing problems for months now (Such as a single word causing an entire post to get deleted, but you don't ever know what word so it's impossible to fix). They are expecting him to go through every single model and script he has, delete it, and wait for them to 'review' it again; Repeating this for every individual model and script to find the one causing the problems.
gmf34
#209384323Friday, February 10, 2017 1:50 AM GMT

Exactly, I think it might be my radio and admin script but it could be anything that has to do with chat. It can even according to them be a in game text, which I use for directions at my games. Even if the in game text just said "Hello" it would still be considered unfiltered since it didn't have the new chat filtering script in it.

of     1