of     1   

awesomegladpablo
#211127385Friday, March 03, 2017 2:23 AM GMT

The TL;DR version is essentially the very last part down at the bottom, but feel free to read the whole thing, if you want. I know, I know, everyone has a different idea of what would be considered "Better," but if any of you have looked at the starter clothes that they give you from the catalog, you would agree with me that we SERIOUSLY need something better looking than this: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/63690008/Pal-Hair I'm wearing the only decent looking free hair/hat right now. I think it's safe to assume that the free items need some improvement/need to be replaced with better ones if I or someone else only likes one of the multiple free items in the catalog. I do understand that people would get made fun of for wearing a free piece of clothing just because it is free, but some of these free pieces of clothing look so bad to the point where the people who wear these items wouldn't even want to defend themselves and their sense of fashion if someone made fun of them for it. Another thing I understand is that if the free items were improved, it would remove most of the value of spending money on ROBLOX for BC/better clothes. But to be honest, it wouldn't hurt too bad. A good amount of people would still spend money on the game for the other features that come with BC (And if they had better free items to begin with, they would probably be more likely to spend money on the game for different clothes later, if they are a new user). One last thing I understand is that style isn't everything in a game. But on the other hand, I would like to say that regardless of style not being everything, it's still something, and that good sounds and sights in a game still make up about 50% of the game at least (With gameplay and/or story making up the other 50%, of course). It's especially important to have a good impression on new users/accounts, since they are potentially future customers. Having an avatar that looks bad no matter what combination of free clothes you put on is hurting the first impression. What I am asking for is somewhat difficult, but not too hard to do. We need to have better looking starter items to give new users a better first impression of the overall game. The better the first impression that a new player receives, the more likely they are to spend money later.
Moviuscorpation
#211128323Friday, March 03, 2017 2:38 AM GMT

First, my fedora is free. Part of the 2013 thanksgiving event. And it is decent with my suit. And, no support as better free stuff= less need to buy BC= less profit More like MORE free stuff
awesomegladpablo
#211128541Friday, March 03, 2017 2:41 AM GMT

@Movius Like I said, BC has benefits that clothes don't have. There would still be a pretty darn good incentive to buy it when it allows you to join more groups, have more places, trade items, make groups, and many more benefits. That, and it comes with Robux to spend on other things.
Moviuscorpation
#211128734Friday, March 03, 2017 2:43 AM GMT

If ex. the blond spiked hair was anime-styled and spiky (like blonde action), users would say, "Why would I need BC when I got the hair I want" vs. "I want to buy BC to get that hair"
awesomegladpablo
#211129096Friday, March 03, 2017 2:49 AM GMT

Once again, BC is for much more than just clothes. They wouldn't have to buy BC to get something like the "blonde action" that you talked about, you can also just flat out buy some robux. I do understand that if somebody had started out with something that was good enough, they wouldn't want to buy anything else. But there are MANY MORE good things that you have to buy with Robux than good things that are free. It would still be likely that a user would find something somewhere in the catalog to buy regardless of how much they like the free hats.
Moviuscorpation
#211129276Friday, March 03, 2017 2:52 AM GMT

A better suggestion would be to add MORE free stuff, not make the current free stuff better.
awesomegladpablo
#211129420Friday, March 03, 2017 2:55 AM GMT

When I said "Make better free items" in the title, I meant that they should make some new stuff. This old stuff can't really be improved. But yes, more stuff would be good. I just want the newer things to actually look good, so that Free to Play players don't feel so bad about how they look.

of     1