*THIS POST IS VERY LONG, SO BARE WITH ME!*
UPDATED: 3/21/17 at 2:28 EST
**TABLE OF CONTENTS: (Control+F to get to the desired area)
1) BASIC INFORMATION
2) COMMON ABBREVIATIONS
3) GENERAL RULES
4) GAME RULES
5) SUSPENSION SCALE
6) Getting hired by RSOBL
7) Franchise values [Explanation]
8) The NCAA league[HOPEFULLY THIS CLEARS UP ANY CONFUSION ABOUT THE NCAA LEAGUE]
➊ BASIC INFORMATION:
1) The RSOBL is NOT and NEVER WILL BE for sale. Do not ask to buy it.
2) We go by real NBA teams. We do not accept imaginary teams like the "Chicago Air" for example.
3) capt_majesticness AND clevelen12 are the only co-owners don't ask to be a co-owner as it is a reserved rank for them only.
4) We are a L#A regulation league, meaning we use LBA regulation courts, hoops, and basketballs. No, we will not be changing to a different style.
➋ COMMON ABBREVIATIONS/TERMS:
Many abbreviations are used to save time typing during a game, and this is here only to help people get around at games!
Here are the most common:
OOB- Out of bounds
BC- Backcourt violation
GM- General manager
FT- Free throw/ Free-throws
Tech- Technical foul
GG- Good Game
G.O.A.T (Or simply just "Goat")- Acronym for "Greatest of all time."
PW- Press Warning
❸ GENERAL RULES:
These rules are to be used at ANY event having to do with the RSOBL, including posting
on the wall. Violating these rules will lead to punishment.
1) No spamming (Posting foolish things, pointless things, excessive repeating of something, etc.)
2) No flame wars on the wall (Starting arguments on the wall just to get a r#action.)
3) ABSOLUTELY No advertising (These include but are NOT limited to: Advertising leagues, groups, companies, games, etc.)
4) No being rude in general (Pretty self-explanatory.)
5) No bribery (Paying players REAL robux to play on their team. We only allow you to use some of your cap space money [WHICH] to distribute to your players and staff.)
6) No deleting posts at random.
7) Don't suspend players WITHOUT obnoxious_human's permission. No accepting, declining or removing of allies/ally requests without obnoxious_human.
9) No disobeying # s#aff member's request/order. (They have the authority to exile/suspend you.)
10) No going over your set franchise value. (This could happen when you have too many players or cannot afford to pay them. DO NOT go over your set franchise value under ANY circumstances.)
11) No talking about other leagues on the wall. (This is RSOBL, not the NRBA, SBA, JBL, etc.)
❹ GAME RULES:
1) If you are thrown off the map or far away because another player came in contact with you, it is NOT a FOUL. This is because of Roblox physics and CANNOT be controlled.
2) No pressing, which is coming to the offensive team's half court and stealing the ball. Pressing is ONLY allowed when the quarter time is under 1:30 minutes.
3) No disrespecting the ref, GM, or ANY staff member at a g#me. You will be given a TECH one you receive 3 technical fouls, you will be ejected. (You will either be punished, kicked, or banned.)
5) Games MUST consist of AT LEAST a (Three) vs (three). (Four) vs (Four) are encouraged, However, if more than 5 players are brought to the game for each team, then a (Five) vs (Five) will be enforced.
6) If you jump on someone's head while they have the ball this is a FOUL.
7) If you are down by 30 points it is an auto win for the opposing team.(MERCY RULE)
8) OTHER than that, we basically go by every other NBA rule.
❺ SUSPENSION SCALE:
Ways to get suspended include (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
A) Getting ejected from a Game TWICE will result in a 1#game suspension. If it continues, you will continue to be suspended and ejected.
B) Disobeying ANY rules
C) Leaving your team without permission from your coach [1 season suspension]
The scale goes this way:
2) 1 game suspension
3) 3 game suspension
4) 12 game suspension (Entire regular season)
5) PERMANENT exile (You will NOT be allowed back into the league.)
*Suspensions can also vary depending on the admin's discretion*
Think it's unfair? Don't break the rules in the first place! :)
❻ GETTING HIRED BY RSOBL:
Anyone interested in being hired by RSOBL is expected to request a MEETING with obnoxious_human. You are NOT guaranteed to be accepted.
A few qualifications:
1) You must be an ACTIVE and TRUSTED member to become an employee. We don't want random people applying.
2) You MUST be loyal and respectful to the members of our league, even if they are annoying.
❼ FRANCHISE VALUES [Explanation]:
Many people were complaining about teams being stacked and having too many all-stars on their team. We thought one way to prevent this from happening would be to make franchise values. Franchise value put a certain monetary value on # franchise (Not real robux.)
Players are to be given # certain salary (NOT REAL ROBUX), which would take some of the team's franchise value. A Superstar that everyone knows could be worth maybe R$ 20 million, while a ben#hwarmer who scores low points a gam# and hardly knows how to play could be given R$ 5 million, which is the bare minimum you could offer someone.
Expansion teams start off with R$ 100 million cap value.*[DEFENDING CHAMPIONS ARE GIVE AN EXTRA 20 MILLION IN CAP SPACE]*
(This is how you will need to offer players on the wall)
[ROOKIES]- 5 MILLION
[BENCH WARMER]- 5 MILLION
[ROLE PLAYER]- 10 MILLION
[ALL STAR]- 15 MILLION
[SUPER STAR]- 20 MILLION
❽ THE NCAA LEAGUE:
[WE WILL START NCAA LEAGUE ONCE WE HIT 1000-2000 MEMBERS!!!]
The NCAA league is # very important part of RSOBL, and necessary for all rookie players to go through before becoming an RSOBL player. The NCAA will be run by clevelen12, obnoxious_human,capt_majesticness and its Board of Directors. Basically, all of the same rules that apply in RSOBL will also apply in the NCAA league! *This is just an extremely brief overview of the NCAA league*