of     1   

iplay
#21836161Monday, March 01, 2010 2:48 AM GMT

A more in-depth edition to the common "what language do you speak?" threads. Follow this template: Language: What language do you speak or are learning? Dialect: Which dialect of the language do you use? Level: How good are you with your language? Are you fluent? Advanced? Good? Do you know the basics? Learned/learning from: Where did/are you learn/learning your language? How? Are you a native speaker? Why learned/learning: For what reason did/are you learn/learning your language? (It's not necessary to include this on your native language.) Can read and write: Do you know your languages writing system well? Yes? No? Partially? What parts of it do or don't you know? Notes: Type something notable that wasn't included in the template. Here are mine: Language: English Dialect: General American Level: Fluent Learned from: Native Can read and write: Yes - Language: Japanese Dialect: Central Honshuu Level: Advanced Learned/learning from: Books, speakers, students, computer applications, the Internet Why learned/learning: Fascination with Japan and the language Can read and write: Partially. Can read and write kana. Can write some kanji, read and identify more kanji, but does not know all necessary kanji. Notes: I think the pitch of my voice drastically gets higher when I switch from English to Japanese.
FaffyxD
#21836700Monday, March 01, 2010 2:57 AM GMT

Language: Spanish (or castillian) Dialect: Spanish dialect Level: Native Learned/learning from: Life Why learned/learning: Because in my country is a spoken language Can read and write: I can read it, I write but I have some problems with accents Notes: Um, it's a romance language
makeupgirl1234
#21842734Monday, March 01, 2010 6:01 AM GMT

Language: Arabic Dialect: Lebanese Level: Native Learned/learning from: My mom and dad taught me before I started speaking. Why learned/learning: It's the official language. Can read and write: Yup. Notes: When u speak it, you speak pretty fast.
Pocheacha
#21846386Monday, March 01, 2010 1:16 PM GMT

Language: Lietuviškai Dialect: Bendra Lietuvos Level: Labai Fluent Learned from: Mano tėvai Can read and write: Taip Notes: e Lietuva aš myliu savo kalba, nes anglų kalba yra taip sunku išmokti. Sjsoi, anglų kalba yra taip sunku! heh, heh.
Dr01d3k4
#21855918Monday, March 01, 2010 8:11 PM GMT

Language: English Dialect: British Level: Fluent Learned from: Native Can read and write: Yes Language: Japanese Dialect: Japanese Japanese? Level: Basics Learned from: Books, Internet Can read and write: Hiragana, a few Katakana and a few Kanji Language: German Dialect: Again, no idea Level: Medium maybe? Learned from: School Can read and write: Yes Language: Spanish Dialect: I dunno Level: Very basic basics Learned from: School Can read and write: Yes Language: Latin Dialect: No idea Level: Basics Learned from: School Can read and write: Yes Language: Greek/French/Chinese/Russian Dialect: ???? Level: Tiny bit of grammar and some phrases Learned from: Books Can read and write: -Greek - I think so -French - Yes -Chinese - All the symbols =D (I wish XD) -Russian - Not sure, I know some symbols
joohomom
#21888759Tuesday, March 02, 2010 8:03 AM GMT

Language:korean Dialect: south korean Level:advanced Learned/learning from:native speaker. Why learned/learning: err..it's my native language Can read and write:yes
RevolutionGG
#21895286Tuesday, March 02, 2010 5:45 PM GMT

Language: Japanese Dialect: Just, normal. Level: 100% Learned from: Native speaker/Meh mothah Why learned: Because I'm half-japanese (Meh mothah is japanese and meh fathah is scottish) Can read and write: Yesh.
thaibert
#21897445Tuesday, March 02, 2010 7:08 PM GMT

Language: Danish Dialect: Nord Jyllandsk Level: Fluent Learned from: Native Can read and write: Yes Language: English Dialect: British Level: Fluent Learned/learning from: School Why learned/learning: In todays world, you need to know English. Can read and write: Yes
angolfin
#21897715Tuesday, March 02, 2010 7:17 PM GMT

Language: English Dialect: England! Level: Fluent Learned from: Native Yorkshire Can read and write: Yes
velociraptori
#30914834Thursday, August 05, 2010 12:11 PM GMT

Language: Finnish Dialect: Normal Finnish Level: REALLY Good Learned from: hm... i think from school and my mother :3 Why learned/learning: To Speak With Others O_O Can read and write: Yes, really good
KaiSe8elw63
#30969448Friday, August 06, 2010 1:00 AM GMT

Language: Greek Dialect: Thessalian Level: Fluent Learned from: Native Can read and write: Yes Language: English Dialect: British Variant Level: Fluent Learned from: Self-taught (Books, TV Shows, etcetera) Can read and write: Yes Language: Turkish Dialect: Gibrizlidja/Cypriot Turkish Level: Advanced Learned from: Family friends from Cyprus Can read and write: Yes I know a few other languages, but I don't speak them as fluently as I want, therefore they go unmentioned on my end.
FaffyxD
#30971594Friday, August 06, 2010 1:27 AM GMT

Repostin'..: Language: English Dialect: Mexican (Western northern variant) Level: Native Learned/learning from: Native Why learned/learning: Had to? Can read and write: Yes Notes: Spoken by 500 millions. -------------------------------------- Language: Spanish Dialect: American..? Level: Fluent Learned/learning from: School, internet, music, TV. Why learned/learning: Had to.. Can read and write: Yes Notes: It was easy ------------------------------------- Language: Russian Dialect: Central Level: Basics Learned/learning from: Mah self, internet. Why learned/learning: Seemed interesting. Can read and write: Yes Notes: Dunno
FaffyxD
#30971645Friday, August 06, 2010 1:27 AM GMT

Typo* Language: English Dialect: Mexican (Western northern variant) Level: Native Learned/learning from: Native Why learned/learning: Had to? Can read and write: Yes Notes: Spoken by 500 millions. -------------------------------------- Language: English Dialect: American..? Level: Fluent Learned/learning from: School, internet, music, TV. Why learned/learning: Had to.. Can read and write: Yes Notes: It was easy ------------------------------------- Language: Russian Dialect: Central Level: Basics Learned/learning from: Mah self, internet. Why learned/learning: Seemed interesting. Can read and write: Yes Notes: Dunno

of     1