of     12   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

owningnoobs76
#219850160Tuesday, June 27, 2017 3:23 AM GMT

Welcome! If you're part of this campaign, the party's about to get started! If you're just a interested reader, consider signing up for one of the other three adventures I'm making if there are any left! https://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=219751532 THE CHARACTERS: DOKDREG FORGE, the Dwarven Lumberjack Appearance: Dok has a fabulous and pretty long black beard. His eyes are black. He has chainmail armor, a few add-ons on it. Backstory: Dok's paid pretty well, making weapons for everyone. He soon learns about an item he desires, but it costs a lot of gold. He can't buy it. He could make a lot of weapons and sell them, but it'd take too long to get enough gold. So he gets hired to figure out why Blackroot is now a ghost town, and was informed the dangers of it; people who just recently got hired disappeared. The only thought he had on his mind at the time was all the money he would get when he finished. He bought a few stuff before continuing his adventure, including a shezaite he named Bullelf, a weapon and a few resources and supplies. Companion: Bullelf, the Shezaite EIVHART LAKELEY, the Kobold Berserker Appearance: He is over 7 feet tall, has a grey coat, and looks like your typical kobold. With the exception that there are dark patches under his eyes, giving the impression that he is either sleepy or edgy. Backstory: Your average kobold lived in a town and secretly raised spiders. Until that time where everyone discovered the spiders and killed most of them. With only one living spider with him, and a bunch of others dead or gone, he hates everyone. Now he roams around to kill people and put them out of their misery, or because they suck. Additionally, he has some worthless friend of an Elven Suncleric named Nonna who helped him take care of the spiders because she 'thought they were cool'. She's still helping Eivhart now, and he doesn't think she's useless in return. Companions: Nonna, an Elven Suncleric An ageless Spider Character Inventories, Companions, & Abilities: /a/hTrYj _________________________ You both knew the details of the mission well enough: investigate the desert town of Blackroot, figure out what may have caused it to become a ghost town, and send all the details to the Horizon for a very handsome payment in gold. Neither of you have any idea at all what might've happened to Blackroot, but whatever caused it was capable of taking out the entire population of a well-armed town, as well as the two guild members who disappeared a couple weeks before you accepted the mission. It sounded like it would potentially be a dangerous mission, but while it had a chance of costing both of you your lives, it also sounded like it would have a pretty good chance of providing an early retirement, considering the kind of payment it would provide. It was also the first real adventure the Horizon had offered in a few months. Anyway, it was time to get moving. Before the end of the week, you needed to discover the fate of Blackroot and find out what or who could've caused it.
owningnoobs76
#219850208Tuesday, June 27, 2017 3:24 AM GMT

https://www.roblox.com/library/291317957/Far-Away It was at the crack of dawn that an Elaphelk-drawn carriage could be seen arriving at the middle of the former mining town of Blackroot, after several days of travelling through the inhospitable desert region known as the wild Wastes. After a few seconds, the carriage was brought to a screeching halt by the "Whoa"s of the Gnomish driver, who hurriedly dismounted to open the side door. The two passengers, a Dwarven woodsman and a Shezaite, stepped out and briefly took a moment to watch the sun rising, and then moving to observe the town. As the dwarf took his leave, he turned to the carriage driver, tossing him fifty gold pieces in thanks. As the carriage departed the town, Dokdreg Forge and his Shezaite companion, 'Bullelf', took in the surroundings of Blackroot. He quickly took notice of a few key buildings - the bar, the bank, the general store, and the stables, all lined in a semicircle. They all looked fairly similar aside from the signs, but paled in comparison to the much bigger town hall in the back of the town. Dok also took notice of the fact that aside from the sounds of the wind, his own footsteps, and the occasional creaking of the wooden buildings, there seemed to be no noise or any sign of life anywhere in the town. That was, until his eyes fell those of another person. He saw the rather large looking grey Kobold and his Elven compatriot leaning on the front wall of the bar, in the shade. Dok recalled passing by the kobold a couple times back at the Horizon Hall, and while he had never really bothered asking his name, it was almost certain he was the other person sent to help out with the investigation. They must've been waiting a while, since it seemed like they'd run out of things to talk about before Dok reached Blackroot. Perhaps now would be a good time for Dokdreg and Eivhart to introduce themselves to each other.
ShiftyJustinHunter
#219851231Tuesday, June 27, 2017 3:40 AM GMT

(adding music in is a pretty good idea.) Dok walked towards the kobold, meeting the kobold's eyes. "Hey there. You're my partner for the investigation?" asked Dok, looking around at his surroundings.
RaiderAie
#219852581Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:02 AM GMT

(By the way maybe I didn't do my appearance so well, so lemme tell you a few extra things. Eivhart isn't wearing a grey coat, his fur is grey. His clothes are a leather vest with several pockets, some gloves, some pants, and some boots.) Eivhart looked down at the dwarf, his emotionless eyes staring down him. He waited a few seconds before saying: "Sure." Ignorant of a response from the dwarf, he looked to his other side, seeing his elven companion expectantly looking at him. "What?" "Well..." Nonna said. "Aren't you supposed to... introduce yourself?" "Nope."
ShiftyJustinHunter
#219852988Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:09 AM GMT

Dok shrugged. "I suppose I'll introduce myself first. I'm Dok. This is my companion I brought along, Bullelf." He nodded at his companion. "Hello." said Bullelf. Bullelf stared at the kobold's companion. Dok said nothing, waiting for the kobold to say something. "Well, rock eater, you going to introduce yourself?" asked Dok.
RaiderAie
#219854209Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:29 AM GMT

"Okay. I'm Eivhart." Was all the Kobold had to say. "And I'm Nonna!" His companion said. "Nice to meet you, Dok and Bullelf."
ShiftyJustinHunter
#219854666Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:37 AM GMT

"Well, at least someone talks around here." Bullelf emphasized the word 'someone'. "When are we going to go to Blackroot?" muttered Dok, mostly to himself. "It's fine, your item will still be in stock, Dokdreg." said Bullelf. They said nothing else, just looking around. Then, Dok said, "You know we'll be working together, right? You can shut yourself up for now, but not when we get there. We're going to have to work together." Though Dok was only thinking of all the money he'd get, and how rich he'd be after this mission. - So much money... - thought Dok.
ReaIG
#219855100Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:45 AM GMT

smh
ShiftyJustinHunter
#219855282Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:48 AM GMT

hey fellow 50 year old person lmao
owningnoobs76
#219857139Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:20 AM GMT

Dok looks past the kobold and into the bar. He didn't notice it before, but while the place looked pristine on the outside, the inside was absolutely trashed. From where he was standing outside the bar, Dok could see the remains of an overturned table, broken in half, and a few chairs that have been knocked over, in various states of disrepair. The place reeked with the smell of blood and hard drinks mixed together. Perhaps it might be a good idea to head inside the bar and start investigating.
RaiderAie
#219857737Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:30 AM GMT

"Hhf." Eivhart entered the bar, keeping a hand on one of his blades. Nonna was behind him, looking at the trashed furniture everywhere. "What happened here?" She asked. Eivhart bent down to examine a bloodstain on the floor. "I have no clue." He stood up and looked back at Dok. "Why don't you check another building or whatever?"
SwedishLemon
#219859795Tuesday, June 27, 2017 6:11 AM GMT

PTW. Even though I'm not involved, I'd like to have this marked to see where it goes.)
ShiftyJustinHunter
#219880687Tuesday, June 27, 2017 3:39 PM GMT

Dok entered the bar with Eivhart. "I'll investigate here, you go in another building." said Dok. Bullelf and Dok searched around the bar. "Well, isn't this interesting?" muttered Dok. "This may be part of the disappearances..." said Bullelf.
owningnoobs76
#219882469Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:14 PM GMT

When Dok and Eivhart entered the bar, they were able to confirm that there was indeed an intense struggle. Immediately after entering, everyone noticed the months-old bloodstains all over the inside of the bar. Overturned tables, broken chairs, and fragments of glass littered the place, as well as several bullet holes and burn marks. Nobody could detect any signs of bodies or any rotting stench, which meant that scavenging animals had disposed of the remains long ago. If a fight had broken out in Blackroot, it was clear that much of it occurred in this building and that some of the townsfolk must've died here. The other points of interest in the bar seem to be the counter, which appeared to be slick with old drinks, and the stairs to the second floor of the building, which seemed to lead to some of the lodgings.
RaiderAie
#219891658Tuesday, June 27, 2017 6:47 PM GMT

"Okay, fine." the kobold walked out of the bar and walked to the building that looked like the bank, along with Nonna. "Keep watch, can't have anyone sneaking up on us." "Alright. Be careful." Nonna stood outside the building while Eivhart opened the door to find...
ShiftyJustinHunter
#219896103Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:09 PM GMT

"Odd..." said Dok, examining the old drinks. Bullelf nodded. "Yep. Whatever happened here, there definitely was some violence that led to death." Dok turned towards Bullelf. "Let's go to the kobold and see if he's found anything. We'll come back here later." Dok walked out and into the bank, Bullelf following him.
owningnoobs76
#219897619Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:38 PM GMT

The bank, on the other hand, looked pristine. When Eivhart took a step inside, he was faced with a very dusty looking interior. There were no signs of a fight anywhere, and it seemed as if the place hadn't been touched for months. The kobold walked past the counter, which was reinforced with metal bars but not at all locked. Past the counter, two separate vaults could be seen, both with matching vault doors. The one on the left, which was intricately labeled "Vault", was wide open, but it appeared to have been completely emptied. The door on the right, which was labeled "Armory", was locked shut, though. It might take a while to get in there. After a few moments, Dokdreg and Bullelf came into the back as well, and from a quick observation they weren't able to find out any more than Eivhart did. They did, however, notice the locked armory vault as well. Strange... you were both told that Blackroot was a Dwarven and Gnomish town. You didn't expect the bank to have such simple locks on their vault doors when a couple gnomes could've easily installed one of their fancy arcane devices to make the bank more secure. But from what you could tell, it wouldn't take more than a good amount of brute force or a relatively powerful spell to get the armory open.
RaiderAie
#219898643Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:54 PM GMT

Eivhart wasn't so interested in opening the armory door with his massive arms and strength. However, he did look at Dok and asked him, "I don't need anything from here, do you?"
ShiftyJustinHunter
#219912141Wednesday, June 28, 2017 12:04 AM GMT

"Open it." said Dok, staring at the door. He said nothing else.
RaiderAie
#219914428Wednesday, June 28, 2017 12:34 AM GMT

Eivhart shrugged, then slammed his blades onto the door with an unstoppable force.
ShiftyJustinHunter
#219916668Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:06 AM GMT

[owning, you going to tell us what's inside the bank? or?] monsters are spooky
owningnoobs76
#219916712Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:06 AM GMT

(The main tools I run my roleplays with, are the phone and the ###.####never you perform an action or do something significant, I roll a die to see how successful it was. I forgot to mention this earlier, but Kobolds roll two dice.) Eivhart's swords hit the lock on the vault door with a satisfying amount of force, causing the door to the armory to swing open immediately. It was a lot weaker than he expected it to be. As the door opens, the group could see that the armory was indeed stocked. There are racks full of guns, swords, staves, and various other weapons that might potentially be useful. Almost all of them looked fairly plain, though. Eivhart also noticed a rather large looking skeleton of what appeared to be a Porc, based on the tusks. Perhaps that Porc used to be the banker, who died of suffocation when the vault was locked on him. Eivhart walked into the armory, with Dok quickly following behind. While they both had some useful weapons already, perhaps they could find something useful hidden behind all the plain stuff, and find some useful evidence as well.
RaiderAie
#219917107Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:13 AM GMT

Eivhart just starts looking through the weapons, even though he wasn't interested before.
ShiftyJustinHunter
#219917426Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:17 AM GMT

Dok walked over to the racks, touching all of them. "These may be useful. Should we get one?" Dok turned to Eivhart. monsters are spooky
owningnoobs76
#219918948Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:41 AM GMT

Dok turns to see that Eivhart is already searching through the weapons, and goes to do the same. After several minutes of searching, the two finish sifting through all the crappy weapons in the pile, and lay out what they've found. On Eivhart's side, he immediately sees a fancy looking blade on one of the racks and goes to place it in the center of the room. Halfway through the search, he finds another weapon - a very mossy looking bow that seems to have been crudely strung and enchanted. Merchant's Cutlass - A gold encrusted decorative cutlass, often worn by wealthy merchants. Wait a minute... this weapon is completely useless. It's not sharp at all. Wild Earth Bow - A bow made of wild forest branches and twined together with Earth magic. Your Ranged Basic Attacks transform the spaces of your Targets into Rough Terrain. Dok doesn't seem to find anything in the whole pile. As he clears the last rack in frustration, he hears some oddly soothing chimes, and takes a closer look at the source: Ouro'ras Chime Sword - A silver sharp blade with many charms and trinkets chained to the base of the blade. Increases your maximum stamina by 5 for every Passive you have. (Dok has 4 and Eivhart has 2.) The two put the weapons together, taking a good look at them to see if there's anything worth taking over what they already have. (Neither of you can carry any more weapons. If you really want any of these, you'll have to ditch one of the weapons you already have. You cannot give these weapons to your Companions. Decide whether you want to keep or ditch what you've found before anything else.)

of     12   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right