chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2   

RabbiHulk
#221067152Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:03 PM GMT

Had my support when i saw "getting rid of OCFA.." Also, sounds like a great idea
JaidenGBurns
#221067940Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:16 PM GMT

Honestly i agree that the OCFA is not used for what its supposed to be for its for developing good players , no ################ ## ################ ################ ofl trains players they only accrpt good players to win and not to train the bad ones, also the hc's in the ofl don't care to sign ocfa players thats y i think both leagues could die cuz the system is fxkxed up cuz everyone cares about winning but dont give rookies a chance.
MightyKidinkcuz
#221068030Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:17 PM GMT

Well i can't make a bias decision...soo i think we should exatcly cut OCFA bc its corrupting day by day trust me its gonna die why dont OCFA have there own main league and F/A and OFL benches play in the minor OFL league bc if u think about it nin is totally right not enouggh talent is noticed by OFL HC and teams bc they think there team is stacked and is willing to give no one else a chance so i think this idea is perfect just consider the facts of my statement b4 u call me sped
DynamiicStorm
#221068430Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:23 PM GMT

OCFA is a big flaw because coaches are hired to win instead to improve players, which means alt usage goes up more than OFL because nobody checks alts in that league until the draft. What benefit does winning offer? Confidence? You don't need confidence to get on a team you have to know what the heck to do on an OFL team without a coach having to take an hour to explain Agree x100 with this
DynamiicStorm
#221068626Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:25 PM GMT

The reason why people want to win is necause well.. who wants to loose? The whole team leaves after a loss poeple rage quit then the head coach retires
DwarfElfguyAlt
#221068792Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:27 PM GMT

Like I said, I had plans, but it's whatever now.
KaldrN_S
#221069454Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:36 PM GMT

No, just no.
RefrigeratorPerry
#221069763Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:40 PM GMT

first of all, i don't think this is necessarily a bad idea, but i think it'd be a better idea to just split OCFA from OFL completely or actually organize OCFA, because it does provide benefits despite the apparent ongoing meme in this league that it doesn't. "Basically, every OFL team each week would be forced to assign at minimum 8 players to play for their DIVISIONAL minor league team." 8 different players every week? later in the post you said the rosters would rotate every week. wouldn't you think coaches would just send the same players every week or something? if i were a coach, i'd personally just sign 8 randoms and put them in the development league lol. better off just keeping the same 8 players in the development league and adding more players if they decide to rq (if needed). "Assuming half the players are salty and don't show up, that gives you 20 total players showing up at the game." honestly wouldn't be surprised if this number was even lower. who wants to play in a guinea pig league that has no ultimate purpose? even with the (possibility) of a few coaches watching, it just seems pointless. why not just play in a side league rather than a useless developmental league lol "It is the most reasonable way to develop rookies, bench players and prepare them for future roles in the league." as said above in this thread, i much better benefit from watching other players play in a live game, assuming with this you wouldn't be able to attend your teams' games "but if the players were actually on their roster and just playing for the minor league divisional team, the team would be looking for their bench players to stand out and maybe to give them a chance in future games." eh.. i just think that if they're there, they're there for a reason, as somewhat of a way to dispose of the useless players. i notice some teams don't even keep 40 players on their roster. this would probably just come back around to the signing 8 randoms agenda, and i wouldn't really worry about them if they're in a developmental league lol "Sure, we would keep score. But there would be no playoffs." at least reward people for actually playing in a developmental league LOL "We would not get rid of the draft, we would work with TheSliceOfLife to do the draft prospect prepatory to draft these rookies and likely assign them to the minor league team each week until they're ready." so we're going to draft players that have already gotten in the OFL (albeit sent down)? some who i would assume have already gotten drafted?.. idk man "so get rid of ocfa" the OCFA is basically a joke to the OFL now, but it DOES provide benefits. if done correctly, it can be the best and most efficient way to prepare rookies for the OFL because of the overall similarity in playing styles. if we could update the OCFA fully to OFL rules/scripts/etc., i think it would be the best option to prepare for the OFL, if it isn't already. "Well I'm glad someone finally agrees that winning in a developmental league is 122% pointless." casting players aside to even more of a developmental league is even more pointless. besides, if you're going to have a league of development for players, why not give them a reason to win. if we didn't have a reason to win in OFL, nobody would stay in the OFL either lol "OCFA Was going to die anyways due to OFL players who goes on alts and play in ocfa" OCFA just needs better investigators to help prevent situations like this from occurring. obviously, nobody can fully rid OCFA of alts, but punishment in OFL (assuming OCFA remains with OFL)/overall better awareness by league officials and investigators could help tremendously. "OCFA is a big flaw because coaches are hired to win instead to improve players, which means alt usage goes up more than OFL because nobody checks alts in that league until the draft." both coaches AND players try to win, and BOTH develop in the process. people DO check for alts, but as stated above, the league needs better investigators and overall awareness. "What benefit does winning offer? Confidence?" winning in OCFA offers the same thing winning in OFL does. it's winning. it shouldn't matter where you win. winning is winning. "You don't need confidence to get on a team you have to know what the heck to do on an OFL team without a coach having to take an hour to explain." which is why OCFA can be so helpful if used correctly. it's the most alike league to the OFL. as said above, i think it's perhaps the best league to get ready for the OFL, or at least has the POTENTIAL to be. "ofl trains players they only accrpt good players to win and not to train the bad ones, also the hc's in the ofl don't care to sign ocfa players" some coaches do. maybe not head coaches, but i'm sure if they ask someone for help they'd give it to them.
BoogiezIsland
#221073214Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:26 PM GMT

Sounds great.
accelerationsVll
#221509373Sunday, July 16, 2017 3:05 PM GMT

I like the idea, but why not have playoffs?
piizaa
#221517604Sunday, July 16, 2017 5:21 PM GMT

I like the idea of a minor league but I'd rather it be set up similar to the NBA Summer league

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2