of     1   

JoePaterno
#222454474Thursday, July 27, 2017 2:34 AM GMT

You think a 3 day ban will stop me from reposting this? Think again. It's been a good run. 7 and a half years and probably close to 55-60k forum posts if we add up all of my deleted accounts. Funny how my original join date was July 26, 2009, and exactly eight years later it's literally the last day of the sports forum being alive. No, I'm not going to post some kind of emotional goodbye. No need to do that when about 98% of this subforum's users created a successor to this on discord where we can all keep in touch with the other regulars (even some from the past). Instead, I'm going to rant about how the people over at Roblox can't see how much they've mangled this site for "reasons" that can easily be attributed to them just being stupidly out of touch, particularly in regards to moderation and censorship. Everything you absolute morons have done for the past few years has led up to this fateful day when we have our absolute last chance to post our final words on some of the subforums we've crapposted on throughout our time on this site. Let's begin with how you treat the community of not only the forum, but the entire website in general. It's some kind of freak hybrid of an elite ruling party system mixed in with an actual plutocracy. VERY rarely do you pay any attention to your userbase's thoughts on your new plans to downgrade the site, and several of the changes you make to the site are known to favor people who have bought Builders Club. The removal of tix was the worst of these offenses and when you claimed that you apparently weren't losing money, you were exposed as being so ridiculously greedy that it would make Russian oligarchs cringe in horror. Then there's the fact that it's been exposed long ago that you take less moderator action against people who have bought Builders Club, and this is where my rant starts to transition towards specifically the moderation. Whatever moderation bot you had back then (because you CERTAINLY DID NOT have humans giving out some of those ridiculous bans) had this kind of stuff coded in, and this forum itself had a problem with it when BaseWarSnipeRifle was around false-reporting everybody's old threads from years ago. To get ANY kind of moderation action taken against somebody with even the most basic Builders Club, you'd have to get multiple amounts of people to literally spam a moderator's inbox so they'd get off their lazy rear end and do something for once in their lives. Eventually you got tired of people talking about the real state of your moderation, no matter how much you tried to cover it up (you actually didn't try at all) so you sacrificed the need for almost any kind of moderation at all to bring in the very change that killed foruming: the new chat filter. You literally managed to go fullretard and literally outsource the chat filter to a bunch of moral guardians who seem to try to ban literally every word in general. The new filter is a laughably pathetic attempt to create some kind of false sense of "safety". All it does is make communication between users extremely difficult and frustrating, and leads to angry users finding ways to bypass the filter to say actual potentially offensive obscenities, something which has been laughably easy considering some of the extremely mild stuff that the new filter regularly blocks out. Here's another extremely ironic example regarding the "false sense of safety" point that I made: Try spelling out somebody's name. If you use common name combinations that potentially thousands of people have, they'll get blocked. If you use less common ones that only maybe one or two people in the entire world have, it won't be blocked. Totally a great improvement to the safety of our users! You made the chat and ESPECIALLY the forums so unusable with this freakish nazifilter (good job not blocking that out, the old filter would actually have done that!) that people started to abandon forums for discord or just quit foruming in general. The Sports Forum discord itself has over 100 users, most of whom have entirely stopped posting on the once-great forum which you turned into a barren wasteland. Since I actually use this site for building games, I'm one of the VERY few that bother to still occasionally contribute something here. By some freak coincidence, you actually had moderators look at the forums for once, and it was then that you saw how empty it had become because of the hell you released upon us that is the new filter. And you once again went fullretard (again, good job blocking out something the old filter would have caught!) and came to the comically oblivious conclusion of "oh wow, people stopped using the forums for some reason. we don't know why so let's just delete the majority of them and keep it to like five boards." We managed to largely fight off a very similar forum change a few years ago because people were actively using these forums and organized possibly the largest protest against the moderators (it wasn't just us, many other forums joined in) besides the time tix got removed for the sake of taking a nasty dump on non-paying users. You won't face any resistance this time because your sheer incompetence regarding keeping up with the community has made the forums into a desolate, uninhabitable tomb world, yet you'll inevitably pretend that none of this is your fault as you've done for years now. Roblox as a website is the premier example of why censorship is one of the most hideous cancers on this planet. Consider this to be my one last defiant bird-flip before this forum is killed off permanently. Shoutout to my homie XxTeenageMutantNinjaHitler69xX for snapping pictures of the current moderation crew giving blowies to Erik Cassel's decomposing corpse at a gay nightclub in San Francisco.
BMLGUY
#222454644Thursday, July 27, 2017 2:36 AM GMT

this game died with erik cassel This is my siggy. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
PhilCoke
#222460641Thursday, July 27, 2017 3:32 AM GMT

*claps* "I would never lie. I willfully participated in a campaign of misinformation." -- Fox Mulder
ebenton95
#222473717Thursday, July 27, 2017 5:30 AM GMT

REPROTIED FOR HATE SPEECH
LazorEffect
#222474100Thursday, July 27, 2017 5:33 AM GMT

RACISM
auraphaara
#222477615Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:06 AM GMT

i bow to you auraphara

of     1