of     7   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Catnin
#31737231Sunday, August 15, 2010 6:34 PM GMT

If you saw my thread about how to end lag on Roblox, you'll know that I've got some impressive ideas... Now, to have you know, moderators and admins have the priveledge of making these following items, although they can ALSO make shirts, pants, models, places, and t-shirts, as well. Tell me this- how many of you want your very own custom hat/gear/face/head/package? Why can't we make our own if the mods can? Why shouldn't we truely get to build what we desire? Exactly, folks- we can't do this. However, if we get anough people to approve of this idea, we can hopefully have the admins make it a real feature! Allow for me to explain the process... GENERAL FEATURES Upon entering the "Change Character" menu and choosing different hats, gear, faces, packages, or heads, there is a "create" button, like in Shirts, Pants, and T-shirts. Once you enter the "create" menu, you will be taken to a menu with many boxes. Each one contains an item, or an empty space- depenging on if you used them or not. You can NOT use these if you DO NOT have BC, so please keep this in mind. Normal BC-members get 5 spots per category-item. TBC members get 10. OBC members get 25. If there is an item in a box, three buttons will appear there. The first deletes it, the second lets you edit it, and the third lets you share it with a best-friend. If there is NO item in a box, a giant button that covers up the whole box will say, "Create" on it. Click it, and prepare for some awesome new creation tools..... When you're done, hit the "Done" button on the bottom-right corner of the screen. A menu will have three buttons. The first saves your work, the second doesn't save it, and the third cancels so you can keep getting to create it. HATS Once you enter the "Hat Creator," you will be introduced to a regular "Noob avatar." The "Noob Avatar" is your personal workspace. Right-click and drag to make the camera rotate. Scroll in and out to zoom in and out of the avatar. On the bottom-left corner, a large button will say, "Add Brick" on it. Press it, and a 1x1x1 brick will appear. To delete it, left-click on it and hit "Backspace" or "Delete." Left-click and drag it to move it around the screen to where you want for it to go. Above the large button are a few small "shaping" buttons. seperated by a bold line. The first button lets you cut off parts of the brick. Just draw a line and it'll cut it out. The second lets you stretch and squash certain parts. Upon clicking the second button, a grid will cover the selected brick. Each intersection in the grid will have a small dot. To stretch, click a dot and puul backwards. As you stretch it, you will realise that more grid pieces will form. This is to help ensure more creation options. Pull it forward, and it will sink into a crater-shape, where more grid-dots will appear. To round out or sharpen areas, scroll in or out. Scrolling in rounds out the area, while scrolling out sharpens them. The third button lets you change the brick's shape from a cube to a rectangular prism, pyramid, sphere, or any other geometric shape you want! However, it WILL erase ALL morphs made by the other two buttons. Above those, seperated in another bold line, are colouring tools. Select a colour, or go to the "colour spectrum" to select a colour. That is your first button. The second button in the colouring section allows for you to fill in an area. If you had a white polka-dot, you could click it and it's made yellow, depending on your chosen colour. The third button lets you draw a circle, square, or any other geometric 2D shape! Just scroll on the button and it will change. Right-click to change if it's an outline or a filled-in shape. The fourth button works as a line-drawer. Use it to draw zig-zags, stripes, and more. To use, scroll in and out to change it's thickness, and then click and drag it to where to want it to start and end. The fifth button is the curve tool featured in the "Paint" program that's already on your computer. In other words, click and drag, click again to make it arched, and click AGAIN to make it a squiggly line. When you're done making all of the curves, just right-click anywhere on the screen. Want to change it's thickness? Go to the line-drawing tool and scroll. Right above it seperated by ANOTHER bold line is the "Effects" tools. These tools can make special features come to your hat. The first small button makes a brick of your hat reflective. Just left-click to make it shinier, and right-click to make it duller. The second part can make a brick more or less transparent. Left-click to make mroe transparent and right-click to make it opaque. The third button can make your hat have a texture. It can be wood, metal, ice, or just plastic. Just left-click to cycle through textures. FACES To use, select pre-made eyebrows, eyes, noses, extra features, or mouths from a menu and use the same "Drawing" tools features in the "Hat Creator" to edit and colour them in! If not, make a custom face by drawing in stuff in different bars in the workspace. The top one is for eyebrows, the one below for eyes, the one below that is for noses, and then mouths. Afterwards, add extre features when you're done with those details. You can make the face symetrical and just draw half of the face. Afterwards, the face is mirrored on the other side to make the finished product. Use the same drawing tools in the "hats creator," as for the one above. GEAR To make, do the same stuff for hats. After making it, you will be given an online sheet to fill out. You just need to tell it's uses. This is the easiest part of all. Trust me. Afterwards, it will take you to a screen where you can choose controls for the gear, load sounds it makes at certain points, and animate your character upon doing a certain action. To animate, your character is shown with the tool. You can choose it's starter stance, frames upon doing an action, and returning animation. If it's a melee weapon, you can choose it's damage. (No more than 75 per attack) Ranged? Choose it's damage and projectile speed. (Damage can be no more than 50) Explosive? Well, choose it's fuse-time or if it explodes on impact, if it's launched, and it's blast size and force. (The size can be no more than 50, but the force can be however much you want) If it's a musical instrument, choose it's controls and sounds it makes. Social item? Choose just about anything that doesn't cause a serious effect, like damage or something. Power-ups are pretty complex. Choose what it modifies, how long it lasts, and so on and so forth. Personal Transportation? Well, after dropping it, decide it's controls. Then use a large lsit of stuff that happens upon using those controls. Any other uses I forgot? I'll let the admins choose what you edit. HEADS Basically the same as making a hat, only you can't add bricks. You can only use the bottom-most controls, which are cutting off pieces, stretching/squashing, and whatever else I said above... PACKAGES Same thing as hats, except you can't add parts unless it's not changeable. (see "The Katana Kid's" padded armour) Other than that, it's easy. AFTER CREATION Choose it's name, description, if it's for sale, and it's genre. IF YOU APPROVE OF THIS, STATE BELOW!!! IF YOU DON'T APPROVE, YOU'RE ONE CRUEL PERSON!!!
Catnin
#31738517Sunday, August 15, 2010 6:52 PM GMT

Come on, read this! It's arguably my hugest post ever!
Catnin
#31741691Sunday, August 15, 2010 7:30 PM GMT

Did I mention that this means you can make body armor, new sword-pack types, your own machine-gun, an epic face, and a special head for your hat?
Catnin
#31742272Sunday, August 15, 2010 7:38 PM GMT

Want another benifit? Roblox is about building and being creative. This opens up TONS of creativity!
MarioMario54321fan64
#31742504Sunday, August 15, 2010 7:41 PM GMT

Support i would make a rolling bomb (genre personal transportation, explosive) when a person uses it, 30 seconds after it starts moving it will explode at blast radius 50 when on the last 5 seconds it will make a bomb become visible under it!
Catnin
#31742748Sunday, August 15, 2010 7:44 PM GMT

I'd make a special hat that includes my hairstyle, spiky bowstaff, and a floating crystal crown. Then I'd make a cool face, custom armour package, and a gear item called, "1000BA-ZDKS-RNIB-S" Anyway, I love your idea, Mario. Anyone else support?
FailTube
#31743638Sunday, August 15, 2010 7:55 PM GMT

Support But they won't be able to make this. Due to all the Computer Processing and wayyy advanced scripts to make it's morph and color. Sorry, but they just won't make it. I would make a gear that makes a Nuke!
Catnin
#31744911Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:09 PM GMT

FailTube, do you KNOW how HARD it is to MAKE a custom site all on their own? Very. It's even HARDER by FIVE TIMES to make it a GAME and to PROGRAM and MAKE the characters, bricks, and EVERYTHING ELSE!!! FURTHERMORE, if it's OBVIOUSLY THAT HARD to MAKE a GAME, how HARD could it BE for THEM to MAKE THIS, TOO???!!!
Catnin
#31746262Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:24 PM GMT

ALL SUPPORT!!! THIS IDEAS SHALL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!! I DON'T CARE IF I HAVE TO MAKE THREAD DUPLICATES!!! THIS DESERVES TO BE HEARD BY ALL!!! COMMENT IF YOU APPROVE, GIVE REASON IF YOU DECLINE!!!
TheCakeIs
#31746675Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:29 PM GMT

It's a good idea. But the fact that too many noobs would end up making a really stupid face, thinking they're good at art, and constantly continue, taking up more and more memory in the roblox system. =/ --TheCakeIs. --Roboblox811.
Catnin
#31747104Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:34 PM GMT

That's why I said that only BC-members can make this stuff, and even they have limited amounts for each category. Plus, it's for them ONLY, until they put it up for sale.
SwiftWolf
#31748389Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:51 PM GMT

This is what I think of each idea: Hats: Maybe -- If there is a size restraint and you can upload your own obj, 3ds, and ect files, it might be able to work. Faces: Yes -- I think ROBLOX should add a eyes, noses, moulth, and accessories portion to the catalog. (This idea could go into far higher deatail, such at pupils, eye lids, eye lashes, lips, teeth, ect.) Gears: No -- People could make a nuke and say it's a social item, and boom, mass destruction of ROBLOX to most servers. Head: No -- This'd need size restriction, and people could make a no-head, with a floating face, which would look weird and glitch-like. Packages: No, read "What Not To Suggest." Personally, adding to this I suggest ability to color hats and faces that you bought. This would be great for eye colors, and some hats (, like hair).
frostbite206
#31748758Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:55 PM GMT

HOLY ********************************************************************************************************************* THATS ALOT! IT MUST'VE TAKEN FOREVER!!!
frostbite206
#31748818Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:56 PM GMT

Anyway, I read about half, and so far SUPPORT!!!
Catnin
#32084193Friday, August 20, 2010 12:12 AM GMT

Oh, they updated the "What not to suggest" part? Shoot...
Notunknown99
#32084340Friday, August 20, 2010 12:14 AM GMT

BAD MESHED HAT INVASION! And before 'They will be moderated', I mean how many 6 year olds are very good at mesh making?
Notunknown99
#32084427Friday, August 20, 2010 12:15 AM GMT

YOull have to bribe me into supporting by making it OBC only and cost like 250 Robux.
MegaSVictini
#32086145Friday, August 20, 2010 12:34 AM GMT

OMEGA SUPPORT! THIS IDEA PWNZ!
Catnin
#32087786Friday, August 20, 2010 12:50 AM GMT

I see, notun. Even though 6-year-olds can't make meshes very well, my strategy makes it high-class. Plus, with the items moderated before they're up for grabs and wearing, there's NO way that this could fail. In other words, we CAN make our own packages because the moderators could stop people from making female body meshes!
Notunknown99
#32087937Friday, August 20, 2010 12:52 AM GMT

It should be OBC only and cost 250 Robux per hat, NO GEAR!, BC can make faces for 100 robux, OBC only heads for 150 robux, NO PACKAGES!
Skater1787
#32088941Friday, August 20, 2010 1:03 AM GMT

Epic Idea! I LOVE IT! Read practiclly the whole thing!
NearlyDeath
#32089252Friday, August 20, 2010 1:07 AM GMT

If this were too happen, then there would be no point of catalogue items since everybody could just make their own stuff instead of buying them.
NearlyDeath
#32089418Friday, August 20, 2010 1:09 AM GMT

Also if this ever did happen, it should cost money in order to create them then.
Awsumguy5
#32089663Friday, August 20, 2010 1:12 AM GMT

Would you be able to use these gears in games? Like they're real gears?
Catnin
#32091736Friday, August 20, 2010 1:39 AM GMT

Notunknown: Not a good idea. I'd like for BC and higher to be the only ones who make it, not OBC. Costing 250 robux is obsurd. 100 robux is decent. NearlyDeath: Ah, but there ARE disadvantages. We could have it BC and up, cost 100 R% for hats and gear, 150 for packages, and 50 for faces and heads. It would greatly encumber it, PLUS it's quite hard to make quality hats. Awsumguy: Yes.

of     7   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right