of     61   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Drow509
#64101841Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:48 PM GMT

[Freedom is Never Free] [SEVERE: Brief Knowledge of the TIAR world needed. Please see system administrator for details.] [Loading…] [Welcome back: [Redacted]!] ----------------------------------------- [Opening: Prologue] One way or another, you end up at the front entrance of TAIR, with CAIN's eye watching silently over you, the iris a friendly blue color. "Well everyone... I hope you've had a jolly time here. I think I can speak for all of us when I say I'll bloody miss all of you, and all the good times that we've had together. I hope you can do well out there, the world’s a dangerous place now... I can offer some help here for you though." The side wall opens up, revealing a number of modified hazmat suits with glowing blue batteries inserted in the back.. "These should protect you from the extreme conditions, the battery should last you quite a bit. Just check some old ruins for more of these, the abandon sectors of TAIR ought to have a good number of them. Edward?" Edward, looking a great deal like his brother Fredrick, steps forward. He carries several packages in his hands, and he gives one to each of you. "Rations, some bland military stuff, but it'll keep virtually forever." He extends his hand for each of you to shake. "Gentlemen, and gentlewomen, it's been a pleasure serving with you. A shame you decided to go, as CAIN has stated; but now's your time to become better than old TAIR could support you with." He looks like he might cry. "Just remember, we're here whenever you need us. Sorry for all the testing simulations you've had to go through, might've been a bit traumatizing. Just wish I could do more for you." "Stay safe." He concludes with a sad nod. The assembled Subjects and guards behind him repeat his words in unison [File Concluded] [Loading: ???] A man wearing a black suit with a light blue tie flips the file closed casually. A good report, well written... well suiting of his subjects. He carefully replaces it into its designated file cabinet, coughs, and closes it gently. He then reaches down, opens the next drawer, and pulls out another thick file. He slaps it down atop the steel table in the center of the room, lit only by a single tin lantern. He carefully shuts the cabinet again, and sits down onto the office chair in front of the table. He slowly opens the folder, and begins to read. [Video Feed Disrupted!] [ERROR/SEVERE: FILE CORRPUTED] [File Concluded] [Opening: Report.vis] [Report Given By: Dr. Fredrickson; Edward] [Visual: Camera Feed: Exterior] A group of Subjects [TERM: Subjects- Typical name for inhabitants of TIAR that are not staff members. Most Subjects are made to do a variety of tests to compare various aspects of race.] walk out of the main TIAR entrance wearing modified hazmat suits with clear Plexiglas visors. The sharp winter wind whips around them, and their feet crunch with each step with the snow underfoot. They are an odd group; all would’ve been unlikely to meet one another had the circumstances and hunger for freedom not forced them together. It is currently clear, but the snow refuses to melt even though a cloudless sky is over head. Nuclear winter is one of the causes of these conditions, but there is always something more… Each of the Subjects carries a bundle, mainly consisting of: An Apex Industrial Standard flashlight w/ 2 batteries {Each light takes one battery at a time, can last for two days with nonstop lighting) A pack of military standard rations {Enough to last a good time if each Subject closely monitors there usage of said rations.) A Eisemburg Inc. Air Exchange; a small, useful device that when, once deployed, can turn most toxic gasses into breathable air until it needs to be recharged. An Apex Ind. CozyWarmer; a blanket designed to combat the cold and wet; and A weapon of their choice 3 Personal Items of small to medium size. These items were the least we could give them for their roles in saving TIAR from interior evils… but will it be enough to save *them* from the exterior ones? Right now I am sending them what information we know; hopefully it’ll aide their journeys. ---------------------- [File Concluded] [Loading: Essentials] [Overview] You are a testing Subject who has recently won their freedom from The Institute of Abnormal Research after a long period of testing. However, your freedom comes with a price tag, as when you exit the facility, you find yourself amongst the dregs of civilization during a nuclear war. There are no people in sight, and radiation has currently killed all but a handful of other living creatures. You must survive, while trying to find your way in this world. [Goals/Hazmat] You will all start out with one mission: To constantly gain batteries for your hazmat suit, which will protect you from radiation, shield you from minor bumps and bruises, and relay information between each other, as well as view any data packs you find on your screen. If you have an engineer along with you; (You start out with a man named Fredrick, who is both a medic and an engineer. This man will be controlled by me until TheRedCoat joins. Once he does, I will turn over control to him.) it is possible he can add on to your suit if he has the proper materials. {Items} You will encounter a variety of items on your travels; each having their own purpose and classification. They may be bought and sold from various shops (if you can find one), left lying in ruins, or found on dead enemies; and can either help or hinder you, depending on who you happen to be around. {Health} Health represents how much damage you have sustained, either by being attacked, or by falling from considerable heights. You automatically start with 10/10 Life Points, or LP, and will lose some if damaged. The health will go as following… 10/10 – Unscathed 9-8/10 – Minor Damage 7-6/10 – Light Damage 5-4/ - Moderate Damage 4-3/ Heavy Damage 2-1/ Near Death While these numbers may seem frightening, LP being taken away is usually difficult, but is possible. Gaining health can be accomplished in many ways, such as: Using a medical kit, (Only if experienced.) Having a medic patch you up, And more. Your health will be reported out every day, as well as during battles. More health cannot be gained, but layers of armor can be applied. {Food and Water} Food and water are needed to survive in this RP, and unless you are somehow used to being dehydrated, or starved, then you will need food and water. If neither are gotten in a certain period of time, you will begin to feel the effects, and will eventually die. Please note that rations will be provided to you, but just enough to keep you alive; and only if you stay on the good side of the law. Extra rations can be obtained by doing the following: Stealing, Buying them from shops, Earning them, or Finding them, {Vitals/Day-Night Cycle} At the end of each day, your vitals will be reported out, like so. [NAME HERE] ?/10 LP Hunger: N/A Thirst: N/A I will also report the day-night cycle like so: TIME: [Day/Afternoon/Evening/Night] Conditions: [Rain/Snow/Firestorm/Raining men/etc.] Every 5 pages concludes the day/night and the sun will come up/go down at that time. Be warned, as night is dangerous without light. Who knows what may lurk just out of sight. [File Concluded] [Loading: Possible Dangers & Helpful Tips] I can say for sure what’s out there; but we do know there are probably a number of former Subjects, patrols from both sides that probably will shoot at you on sight, and even fragments of old AI still roaming the wastes. Around TIAR is safe, but it won’t sustain your for long, even though the protection from our turrets is good. You will need to find a good place to set up, even though we’ll gladly accept your company if you want to stay nears the facility. Obviously, finding batteries for your suit will be a problem. Luckily, there are multiple sources of these batteries laying around in various devices; but not all of them will be lying about, free for the taking. Most will probably be in the ruins of old sectors of TIAR, military bases (or what’s left of them), and possibly in other Subjects. I’d list all the dangers you may encounter, but that’d be pretty overwhelming. I instead programmed the suit to alert you of possible dangers when encountered. Most of the dangers, such as nerve agents, shouldn’t affect you, unless you are going to conserve suit power by not wearing it in a radiation safe area. [File Concluded] [Initiating: Rules] -- RULES --------- Follow the standard Roblox rules of role-playing. No ubering/godmodding. No gary/mary sues. (Typical perfect characters) Use ‘story mode’, please. i.e; ~Dave I walk to the store Not *I walk to the store* R/omance is allowed, but keep it under PG-13. Hugs and ki/sses are allowed. No controlling the NPCs! [There are some exceptions involved though.] Try to do your best with grammar. Admins are anyone I see fit, and the following people: ~~ Linkhero13 JINXY Ecologea ((Rotixbux666)) [If she ever pops up] Squareblokhed Srbstriker Kerion Ironscarf TheRedCoat Firejk OTHERS MAY APPLY ~~~~~~~~~~ [File Concluded] [Sending: {Identification File} to {Subjects}] N.am.e: A.g.e: (Nothing under 15 or you will be painfully destroyed by turrets. ) R.a.c.e: (Elf, Human, Dwarf, ect. Custom races are allowed, but please describe them.) Likes: Dislikes: Items: Have You Committed Any Cr.imes Before Coming Here?: If So, What Were They?: A.p.p.e.r.a.n.c.e: [Other than your hazmat suit; can be clothing under it.] Bio: [Can be TBR, but please, actually reveal it.] A Sample of Your RPing Skills, Please: ----------------- [File Conclude] [Logging off…] [Initiate: Apex_ Jingle] Welcome to Apex Industries We’re sure you’ll enjoy your stay… And if you don’t like the look tomorrow, Then just look back to yesterday. We have many different branches All to cater your needs From pencils to planes to automobiles, We even sell stuff to kill weeds. Welcome to Apex Industries Smiles we are sure to make. Serving the community, Since 2028. We hope you are satisfied, For our products are unmatched. And if you disagree, Then we’ll give you full cash back. Welcome to Apex Industries We’re sure you enjoyed your stay… And if you don’t like the look of tomorrow, Then just look back to yesterday. [Shutting down…]
Ecologea
#64102385Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:55 PM GMT

I protest! I have popped up! xD
Drow509
#64102477Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:57 PM GMT

((That's a sorta old one, I was a bit too lazy to fix it. :P))
Ecologea
#64102617Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:59 PM GMT

Okay. Now it looks as if I'll have to dig up and repost Stognia &cos' sheets as well as Granit's. Fun stuff. >.<
Drow509
#64102854Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:02 PM GMT

((Have fun.))
TheRedcoat
#64103140Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:07 PM GMT

[[==-TIAR PROFILE-==]] N.am.e: Mark Vallio Red D.a.t.e o.f B.i.r.t.h: June 18th, 1995 (Roleplay) R.a.c.e: Human Likes: Music, Games, Singing, Athletics, Guitar Dislikes: Idiots, Rules, Authority Items: A Shotgun, 12-Shot Incendiary Rounds x3000, a canteen, MHS, MHS Batteries. Have You Committed Any Cr.imes Before Coming Here?: Yes, many If So, What Were They?: Murder, Arson, Theft, Grand Theft Auto, Braking and Entering, Assault, but he only did these to stay alive. Still did them. A.p.p.e.r.a.n.c.e: African American, Chestnut hair, Dark blues eyes, a white tee shirt, blue jeans, Leather jacket, sneakers. Medium build. Bio: Arrived at TAIR CAIN Nerve Center in 2076, Post-War. No memories record at time of arrive other than name. Multiple brake out attempts, as well as the killer of multiple TAIR personal. Savior of CAIN and TAIR. Born with the power to create false realities and telepathy powers. When under stress realties become real. Extreme age is unknown. A Sample of Your RPing Skills, Please: Mark The I knew was gone. Dead and gone. I knew it in TIAR. I know it now out here. This desolate landscape was not my home, not my life. It was something else, something sinister, something awful. And I was in the in the middle of it. And as my numb brain regain consciousness, the first thought came to my head. I was never free. I was never going to be free. I was a prisoner before I even knew it.
TheRedcoat
#64103169Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:08 PM GMT

[[Still beast. PM the guys and tell them about the new thread.]]
Drow509
#64103547Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:14 PM GMT

((Accepted. I've PMed the others, not sure if they're coming yet though.))
Ecologea
#64103871Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:19 PM GMT

N.am.e: {Subject} Granit Narrelin. A.g.e: 12? *sees turrets* Uhm, 18! R.a.c.e: A flying human! No, really. Is a human with wings okay? Likes: She is not sure. Dislikes: Does she have to have any marked dislikes? Items: Nothing, really. Have You Committed Any Cr.imes Before Coming Here?: N.O.P.E. If So, What Were They?: E.P.O.N. A.p.p.e.r.a.n.c.e: Pale skin, which, with her long ponytailed dark brown hair and marked eyes of the same colour, makes her appear ghostlike. Potruding from her jumpsuit are two wings of a rich emerald colour. (Is the clothes during testing needed? From what is said, it seems the jumpsuit is not worn during testing.) Bio: She prefers not to tell, for reasons of her own, which may or may not be important. All she will say is that she never commited a crime. A Sample of Your RPing Skills, Please: Granit slid under the table. The sound of approaching footsteps could be heard. Who was it? "I know you're there," said a light voice. Granit summoned up all her courage and crawled quickly out, the moment she was out she took flight so as to avoid a heavy axe that crashed down where she had been. "What are you doing here?" Excuse me while I go back to page 30-40-something-or-other.
Ecologea
#64104081Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:23 PM GMT

N.am.e: {Subject} Dey'la F.K. Taydran. A.g.e: Um, what was it? R.a.c.e: Elf. Likes: Please... Dislikes: Ack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Items:... Have You Committed Any Cr.imes Before Coming Here?:... If So, What Were They?: ... A.p.p.e.r.a.n.c.e: Lazy, would you mind if I copy&paste it afterwards Bio: See previous Murderously Simple threads, excluding By the Dozen. A Sample of Your RPing Skills, Please: Blah! N.am.e: {Subject} Stognia J.S. Jadenhart. A.g.e: " (Meaning the same.) R.a.c.e: Dragon. Likes: " Dislikes: " Items: " Have You Committed Any Cr.imes Before Coming Here?: " If So, What Were They?: " A.p.p.e.r.a.n.c.e: " Bio: " A Sample of Your RPing Skills, Please: La-la-la-l-AAHHHHHH! N.am.e: {Subject} Mara (What was it again? A.g.e: " R.a.c.e: Elf. Likes: " Dislikes: " Items: " Have You Committed Any Cr.imes Before Coming Here?: " If So, What Were They?: " A.p.p.e.r.a.n.c.e: " Bio: " A Sample of Your RPing Skills, Please: Tum-te-tu- AHH HELP GIANT ROBOTS WITH CLAWS AH-(muffled screaming.) Yes, I copied and pasted. Now bring out teh turretz!
Drow509
#64104196Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:25 PM GMT

((Turret fire)) ((It's a pain to look at, but I know what you mean. Accepted.))
Ecologea
#64104315Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:27 PM GMT

(I'm so sorry! *Ack* P...uh....ll...eee....z....)
Drow509
#64104802Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:37 PM GMT

((Well, go ahead and start I suppose.))
SuperBuilder340
#64104911Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:39 PM GMT

Y U NO AMERICAN REVOLUTION RP
Ecologea
#64104923Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:40 PM GMT

(I think it will be kinda hard to start all by myself. And you STILL need to fill in on what happened to Stognia&co.)
drwho101
#64105090Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:43 PM GMT

N.am.e:Kintor Di Angelo A.g.e: (Nothing under 15 or you will be painfully destroyed by turrets.):See kintor sheet in THE LAST STRAW R.a.c.e: (Elf, Human, Dwarf, ect. Custom races are allowed, but please describe them.)Dwarf Likes:Dillis,Weapons Dislikes:The frozen wastes around him Items:The basic equipment and a pistol Have You Committed Any Cr.imes Before Coming Here?:No If So, What Were They?: NO A.p.p.e.r.a.n.c.e: [Other than your hazmat suit; can be clothing under it.]See THE LAST STRAW. Bio: [Can be TBR, but please, actually reveal it.]The ex leader of the rebel test subjects. A Sample of Your RPing Skills, Please:I will use my first part for him in this Kintor "Oh Dillis..." He sighs looking at the frozen wasteland.All the choices he had made had been wrong,The world is ruins to him and he prepares to pull a gun out and shoot himself. N.am.e:{ArKbEANS...........recallibrating.............} {The queen of england arkbot1234} "Good enough.." A.g.e: (Nothing under 15 or you will be painfully destroyed by turrets. )Unknown becaue robots never age. R.a.c.e: (Elf, Human, Dwarf, ect. Custom races are allowed, but please describe them.)Robot Likes:Cogs,big red buttons,C bot getting punched by his systems Dislikes:The apex industries logo Items:Normal equipment but has a gun in hand Have You Committed Any Cr.imes Before Coming Here?:None If So, What Were They?:NONE A.p.p.e.r.a.n.c.e: [Other than your hazmat suit; can be clothing under it.]{WARNING........CORE OVER HEATING....} {FLOATING HEAD} {Eyes shine yellow}{Looks like the old C bot design} Bio: [Can be TBR, but please, actually reveal it.]A old designed testing bot with many {ERROR CORE OVER HEATING MUST FIX!!}
Drow509
#64105866Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:00 PM GMT

((So he's malfuntioning?)) ((Accepted I suppose))
drwho101
#64105886Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:01 PM GMT

(Yep) (Thats what happens to robots who dont get maintained)
squareblokhed
#64106312Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:10 PM GMT

(Did anyone outside TIAR survive?)
Drow509
#64106505Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:13 PM GMT

((Yes. many have, but they are in scattered groups.))
squareblokhed
#64108205Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:43 PM GMT

(Right... I hate filling out these CS's so I'll just reveal my chars one at a time... I'll start with my original.) N.am.e: HArvath Varkus A.g.e: 39 R.a.c.e: Half-dragon Likes: Music, money, himself, danger, puzzles Dislikes: Pain, being %@?#*ed over, water, lifts. (The latter two are more phobias.) Items: Violin, dictophone, flashlight, notepad. Have You Committed Any Cr.imes Before Coming Here?: Yes. If So, What Were They?: sixt- nineteen counts of murder (three in self defence), four counts of attempted murder, seven years working with his brother as a con-man, over 400,000 pounds worth of property damage, 28 counts of reckless driving, and 3 counts of jay-walking. A.p.p.e.r.a.n.c.e: A black half-dragon with red spines, wears a black business suit under his hazmat suit. Bio: Harvath spent a long time working as a lawyer, he was originally quite a decent person, but as he was became more exposed to crime in his life he grew to care less, eventually his income wained a large amount during a recession and to make ends meet he had to work with his brother as a con-man, a reluctant partnership which became a willing and friendly one over the years, until one day the pair visited the city of Veltham, in which the suburban life was a front for a major crime hub, run by the people in power over the city. After conning the mayor Jericho Valditz, they found themselves in the middle of a struggle which would lead to the death of Harvath's brother and, ultimately, the four murders that would signify Harvath's fate as an assassin. Harvath's thirst for adventure grew until he found himself attracted to the mystery of TIAR, the rest you already know. A Sample of Your RPing Skills, Please: I trudge through the wasteland, looking for a vague sign of civilisation. "There must be someplace I can stay."
Drow509
#64108685Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:51 PM GMT

((OH DEAR LORD. YOU HAVE A LAST NAME! :O)) ((Accepted, gladly. I also like the added backstory. I always feel the CS is the hardest part of the RP too. >_>)) ((All may begin.)) --------- TIME: Sunrise Conditions: Windy; Clear Messages: None ----- Current Missions: Survival: Collect food, water, and batteries to keep yourself alive. [Continous] ALL Hunger 5/5 Thirst 5/5 LP 10/10
squareblokhed
#64108993Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:56 PM GMT

"No sign yet... there has to atleast be SOMEWHERE I can find." I continue to walk along the rubble, hopes wearing thin.
Drow509
#64109305Saturday, March 10, 2012 8:01 PM GMT

~Harvath Eventually you come across a hastly built shelter leaning against the husk of a large tree, made from sticks and canvas. A fire pit minus the fire lies smoking inside, and a figure in a hazmat sut lies face down beside it, as close as they could've gotten without singing themselves. Their suit battery no longer glows; and they fail to register to your bootsteps.
squareblokhed
#64109553Saturday, March 10, 2012 8:05 PM GMT

"Hmm, It'll have to do." I enter the shelter.

of     61   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right