of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

lobstery7
#66034731Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:16 AM GMT

When I say i hate them, I mean I hate their music. ........................... The Beatles Eminem Adele Katy Perry LMFAO Rihanna Drake The Beach Boys Madonna Jason Derulo Lil Wayne Nicki Minaj Skrillex Taylor Swift Mozart Carly Rae Jepson .............................. That's all I can think of for now.
JohnBonham
#66034872Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:18 AM GMT

Some of the stuff on there spawned the crap you listen to, I'm suprised you didn't put Queen on here.
Amnesiac
#66035009Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:19 AM GMT

Alright, so I think I hate you now; you don't like The Beach Boys. Sure, I can understand their surf stuff, but when they got into baroque/avant-garde/proto-chillwave/proto-outsider/anything else era, they were unstoppable. The Beach Boys were objectively amazing and that's that. Oh yeah, this is allyourbase.
JohnBonham
#66035164Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:20 AM GMT

The Beach Boys and The Beatles got the rough shape of Pop. But electronic components decided to fuse with it and create today's pop, albeit some artists use instruments but it's to the lowest degree.
lobstery7
#66035263Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:21 AM GMT

"Some of the stuff on there spawned the crap you listen to" Too bad I don't listen to crap. "I'm suprised you didn't put Queen on here." Why are you "suprised"? Because I don't like the Beatles? Just because I hate the Beatles doesn't mean I hate every rock band that exists. I don't even know a lot of Queen. I know Radio Gaga, Bohemian Rhapsody, and We Are the Champions. I think it's okay.
Amnesiac
#66035280Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:21 AM GMT

The Beatles are horrible and I could care less what you say, they're awful. The Beach Boys are what make me sleep at night.
lobstery7
#66035525Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:24 AM GMT

"Alright, so I think I hate you now; you don't like The Beach Boys. Sure, I can understand their surf stuff, but when they got into baroque/avant-garde/proto-chillwave/proto-outsider/anything else era, they were unstoppable. The Beach Boys were objectively amazing and that's that. Oh yeah, this is allyourbase." I figured AYB would be more intelligent as to not hate someone because they don't have the same opinion. The Beach Boys are awful IMO. Then again I've only listened to some of their music.
JohnBonham
#66035547Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:24 AM GMT

I know The Beatles are hated a lot but it's fandom seems to supress it. And for Queen? Thought you were a hater.
lobstery7
#66035751Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:26 AM GMT

"And for Queen? Thought you were a hater" Why though? Nothing I ever said even remotely resembles me hating Queen.
JohnBonham
#66035916Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:27 AM GMT

We always disagree on everything music related save for those extremely rare agreements.
Amnesiac
#66036161Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:30 AM GMT

I'm in my "if you don't like what i like, then i'm gonna be a smug music nerd and hate you too" mode. Derp. The Beach Boys are still what helps me breathe. They're my very soul. I should've known you probably only heard a few songs from them, because you're only supposed to listen a few songs from a group and then base an opinion off them, right guys? Right?.. The Beatles made music and lyrics babies could write WHILE they're tipping off their little babby poos. Do I like anything about the Beatles? Well, it sounds better than gooses mating. >.>
JohnBonham
#66036440Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:32 AM GMT

@Amnesiac Yes, "Wild Honey Pie" is a perfect example. But their drumming was my favourite thing, Ringo had a unique style of drumming. They were the first to also revolutionize that sound of pop and have it shape into today's music. The Beach Boys and probably a few underrated aritsts helped with that too.
lobstery7
#66036520Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:33 AM GMT

"I'm in my "if you don't like what i like, then i'm gonna be a smug music nerd and hate you too" mode. Derp. The Beach Boys are still what helps me breathe. They're my very soul. I should've known you probably only heard a few songs from them, because you're only supposed to listen a few songs from a group and then base an opinion off them, right guys? Right?.." I've heard the entire "Pet Sounds" album and I couldn't stand it. I've heard a couple songs off Endless Summer and they weren't any better.
lobstery7
#66036615Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:34 AM GMT

"They were the first to also revolutionize that sound of pop and have it shape into today's music" Please, tell me how they did this.
JohnBonham
#66037020Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:38 AM GMT

Well, you wouldn't of had it and then someone maybe completely different would of came along and then 'bam' pop could've sounded extremely different. After that is slowly evolved into that slow mopy love songs of the 80s, then all... that... *shudders* stuff of the 90s, and here it is today. They also triggered the British Invasion which is something good for me, albeit it's not relevant at hand.
EmancipationSuite
#66037169Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:40 AM GMT

base is pretty close minded it's pretty awesome =) ~f٥гﻉ√ﻉг™~
Amnesiac
#66037214Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:40 AM GMT

oh god, you hated pet sounds? you have no soul... It's pretty much impossible to write your love for this album, but I can say that it's basically the most formally impeccable popular recording ever. It will make you cry if you let it. Every second of it is perfectly arranged for maximum instrumental and emotional impact. All 13 compositions are inhumanely perfect and incredibly creative, as are the insanely dense arrangements that surround them - for an example of its stunning creativity, my friend and fellow Pet Sounds fanatic Nakkinak singled out to me that moment where the catchy but seemingly out-of-tune intro melody of "Wouldn't It Be Nice" is used again in the middle 8 of that song in a completely different harmonic context, and it blows your mind as the seemingly disjointed parts of the song come together into a beautiful whole. These songs don't strike me as songs made by man; they strike me as timeless works of beauty sent to humanity by God, fully formed and perfect. The fact that so many people dismiss this album as lame because they don't realize how intricate it is speaks volumes about how completely natural the album feels in spite of its rampant unconventionality; so natural that people take it for granted if they don't listen closely enough. Though there are about 25 records I personally prefer over this one for various reasons, Smiley Smile included, OBJECTIVELY speaking I can say without hesitation that this is the greatest pop album of all time.
JohnBonham
#66037367Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:42 AM GMT

Well, that's just like your opinion man.
lobstery7
#66037406Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:42 AM GMT

"Well, you wouldn't of had it and then someone maybe completely different would of came along and then 'bam' pop could've sounded extremely different." How do you figure?
lobstery7
#66037523Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:43 AM GMT

AYB, sorry but I couldn't stand Pet Sounds. Not my "cup of tea" as they say. Just like you don't like Nirvana, I don't like the Beach Boys.
JohnBonham
#66037531Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:43 AM GMT

@Lobstery I don't know of any bands from the early 60s that sound similar and had potential. It was slowly coming out of the shell of Jazz, Blues, and other genres of the 50s/40s/30s.
lobstery7
#66037842Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:46 AM GMT

"I don't know of any bands from the early 60s that sound similar and had potential. It was slowly coming out of the shell of Jazz, Blues, and other genres of the 50s/40s/30s." The Rolling Stones had plenty of potential. Even with the reasons you've listed, that doesn't answer the question.
Amnesiac
#66037853Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:46 AM GMT

"AYB, sorry but I couldn't stand Pet Sounds." You're not allowed to not say anything bad about The Beach Boys. NOT AT ALL. I SWEAR. But since I have more good authority than any of you, I can say that "Sloop John B" dampens the momentum of Side One by just a smidge. Otherwise, yeah... absolutely flawless.
lobstery7
#66038152Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:49 AM GMT

Well I did, so I am. Please return to your intelligent self.
JohnBonham
#66038154Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:49 AM GMT

@Lobstery You're dodging 'the same'. I know of none bands that had a really similar band that would've influences... yadda-yadda down the domino line and then to us where we are at now.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right