Freshbakedpie
#8207452Monday, May 04, 2009 6:44 PM GMT

My bro, ajedi32, tought me..
wizzyman
#8207540Monday, May 04, 2009 6:47 PM GMT

Practise.
Blamsox
#8208077Monday, May 04, 2009 7:05 PM GMT

Learn here, this is a message I sent to all the people, so it seems a bit odd. Ok. Think of it as a tree... to go down in the tree, you use a DOT ( . ) so there is a game and in the game there is a workspace... game (MUST NOT HAVE CAPITAL) | | Workspace (MUST HAVE CAPITAL) So this is written like this, game.Workspace in the Workspace, there are players so for example... game.Workspace.YOURNAMEHERE so on YOURNAMEHERE, you have a head... game.Workspace.catgu360.Head then you want the command game.Workspace.YOURNAMEHERE.Head:Remove () the () is what ROBLX recognises as the command and for the command, you use a : for the body part and then the command. So that would KILL you because you die when ever your head is detatched from your torso. If you want to kill someone else, then you replace your name with thiers. If you want to kill someone on the script builder you change it around... So it would be... Remove(game.Workspace.YOURNAMEHERE.Head) and going back to the tree i told you about... game | Workspace | YOURNAMEHERE | Head You get the idea?, now i'm going to tell you a little secret... on script builder, if you say... Remove(game.Workspace.PLAYERNAME) This will remove a player on the game... if i find out you have USED this script, i will banish you from the game... But then there are more features... game | Workspace | YOURNAMEHERE | Humanoid Your humanoid is your character... In your humanoid, tthere is... WalkSpeed MaxHealth Health so if you said... game.Workspace.YOURNAMEHERE.Humanoid.Health= 0 This would also kill you... But if you said... game.Workspace.YOURNAMEHERE.Humanoid.MaxHealth= 0 This would do the opposite... so you could use this as other stuff aswell... game.Workspace.YOURNAMEHERE.Humanoid.FUNCTIONHERE= NUMBERHERE But say you wanted to be sneaky...and wanted to annoy someone... you could say... game.Workspace.PLAYERHERE.Humanoid.WalkSpeed= 1 This would make the player walk at a REALLY SLOW PACE or you could be nice and say... game.Workspace.PLAYERHERE.Humanoid.WalkSpeed= 100 and that would make the player fast... Some scripts you will find they have a letter like P or H, this is what the name of the tree is. So if you wanted to have some fun with names... you could say P = game.Workspace.PLAYERNAMEp.Name = "NAME HERE" It is important you have two things, you must have the "p" after PLAYERNAME and you must keep the "" over NAME HERE" otherwise the script wont work. With this, there are plenty more scripts you can make...so...HAVE FUN!!
Ajedi32
#8209419Monday, May 04, 2009 7:38 PM GMT

I taught myself...
barfitup1
#8214539Monday, May 04, 2009 9:21 PM GMT

who else
fuggles
#8214588Monday, May 04, 2009 9:22 PM GMT

Hiss... got to regular Scripting Help, and read the 2nd post!
barfitup1
#8214819Monday, May 04, 2009 9:26 PM GMT

any body else
Bzirt
#8215350Monday, May 04, 2009 9:35 PM GMT

Well lad, I got into computer languages back in 2004 or somethin' when I were a wee ol' lad. Very basic HTML, for [other competing game scrubbed]. After that, I fell silent for a bit, then I discovered MS-DOS batches, which seemed pretty epic to me at that time (later I found them to be relatively fail, but still useful). Then came some Javascript, which was pretty similar to C++, I'd say. Then, I got into a bit'o Java n' C++, which pretty made me awesome. Some guy taught me the very basics of vbs, which I found epic fail and turned away from. Then I discovered Roblox and grasped Lua. mm hm. yep. I think I missed something, but I don't care. Basically, there is no "HEY EVERYONE LEARN HOW TO BE INTELLIGENT IN TWO EASY STEPS" formula for learning a language. Hit the wiki or something and read, test it in your subpar map, perhaps blow something up in the process with some newly learned explosion creating skillz?
mfsoccer94
#8215415Monday, May 04, 2009 9:36 PM GMT

If you wanna learn how to script, try scripting help. This is for advanced users only.

of     1