of     1   

Tonitoni
#87349625Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:33 AM GMT

I was thinking about the absence og great games on PSVita when I realised ROBLOX would be the perfect game for it! The Vita has two analog sticks that allow for more precesive and less frustrating movement than for example the iPad. It also features a multi touch screen that allows for pinching and interaction with GUI elements. The hardware is also very good. Packing a quad core processor, a dedicated graphics chip with 128 MB of VRAM and 512 MB of regular ram it should be powerfull enough to run most ROBLOX levels even without the new featherweight parts. The controls, portability and hardware make it a very viable platform to play ROBLOX on on the go. Since it is a device primarly made for gaming, it would offer an overall better experience than it's smartphone competitors.
Friedtjof
#87349744Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:34 AM GMT

How many people own a PSVita, compared to, say, an Android or an iPhone? Not as many. If I remember correctly, there are also a lot of rules concerning developing on it, although I might be thinking of another platform, dunno. -~Obly of C&G~-
Tonitoni
#87350346Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:41 AM GMT

It is true that there are less Vitas than there are android phones. But not that many people have android phones with the performance of an iPhone 4S or higher. The PS vita would be much more enjoyable to play on than say, my dad's Galaxy S II for the reasons listed, so for me it makes more sence. Maybe after the android version?
mettadog
#87350553Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:43 AM GMT

@Ghost: You should just say iPhone for now. ROBLOX for mobile is in DEVELOPMENT for Android. So it's not released for Android yet. @OP: Not many people own a PS Vita, since they might be OK with sticking to their PSP or PS3. Also, it would take years of coding. It's like making it for XBOX 360 or PS3, it won't work unless you get an individual game which let's you do quests in the same location, like a crossover of "Club Penguin: EPF" and "NFS: Most Wanted".
Tonitoni
#87351391Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:53 AM GMT

I heard the PSVita was fairly easy to code for compared to say the PS3. They already have a flexible framework they can tweak for it. The main issue would be getting it on the PSVita marketplace. I don't know what the rules are, but it might require huge costs to get it on there. I did hear about some ways to pay less though. Like releasing it as a Mini app.
Tonitoni
#87373722Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:26 AM GMT

bump
leetwizard
#87378896Sunday, January 20, 2013 1:18 PM GMT

Doesn't support LUA, can't happen.

of     1