timebelle
#207116457Friday, January 13, 2017 8:12 PM GMT

hue this is a siggy. it likes to sig I FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/YtNameAbove
googletheninja
#209221472Tuesday, February 07, 2017 5:31 AM GMT

@baista Problem is, exploiters can remove the ban script partially or completely. There should be a code similar to closeconnection(), but instead when run, the player forcefully disconnects and # Kicked reasoning pops up, which is very similar to how Minecraft handles our situation. This unfortunately requires real people, so perhaps ROBLOX can create a second kind of group called a "Game Admins" group, where the game owner can call people to join the Game Admins group. The group would have people play the game the owner would choose, while finding the exploiters and kicking them out manually. I know what you may be thinking, which is that this power can be exploited as well. Here's my counterargument. The admins would only be able to kick someone out if they are saying things starting with ":", "/", etc., to run commands. Maybe rewards can be for good monitoring work on the Game Admins group. Reward ideas are Robux, Gear, and more places you can activate. The good thing about rewards are that they would WANT to join the groups. This helps game owners, and it'd just be the best. Summary? Roblox should make a "Game Admins" group, offering rewards for protection aganist exploiters. Thanks for reading.
TimeTicks
#209221667Tuesday, February 07, 2017 5:36 AM GMT

"exploiters can remove the ban script partially or completely" workspace.FilteringEnabled = true Boom. Problem solved. Now let this stupid thread die already.
foreverpower
#209221959Tuesday, February 07, 2017 5:45 AM GMT

@googlyeye557 People have discussed, and on multiple occasions, attempted to establish such a group. The problem is it never works because it is impossible to find people who will volunteer to do that amount of work, and such systems always end up failing before they even start. Why won't people just accept that stopping exploits at the source is the only way that will ever be successful?
Golden_Donis
#209967897Friday, February 17, 2017 6:43 PM GMT

Yea i think this is going to work but for a limited time because exploiting has gotten more advanced. Some roblox exploits even have bypassed filtering enabled so what im saying is that once you counter exploiters or find a way to stop them they will find a way to bypass it.
foreverpower
#209986282Friday, February 17, 2017 11:41 PM GMT

"bypassed filtering enabled" no.
Lua_Basics
#209986601Friday, February 17, 2017 11:46 PM GMT

"bypassed filtering enabled" no [2]
TheMadWally
#209991823Saturday, February 18, 2017 1:01 AM GMT

Bypassed filtering enabled entirely, no. But exploiters can and will abuse a game's remote event/functions to tinker with thinks if FE is NOT implemented correctly. Take apocalypse rising for example, it has no security on the events and its a hacker fest. ROBLOX needs to figure out how to stop exploiters from firing remotes of a game with a script, then most hacks would be gone due to exploits unable to fire the events and cause havoc.
Reprezalio
#209992355Saturday, February 18, 2017 1:09 AM GMT

My understanding of the entirety of the roblox security system and filtering enabled etc is very little. However, I have seen games with Filtering enabled get completely destroyed. I have seen games with Filtering enabled have their maps destroyed, and the exploiter does get to the server. So that the whole server is affected by whatever the exploiter does. Not just the client. Isn't this "bypassing fe"?
foreverpower
#209992697Saturday, February 18, 2017 1:14 AM GMT

"I have seen games with Filtering enabled have their maps destroyed" No you haven't. Those games must not have had filtering enabled.
foreverpower
#209992748Saturday, February 18, 2017 1:14 AM GMT

"But exploiters can and will abuse a game's remote event/functions to tinker with thinks if FE is NOT implemented correctly." That has nothing to do with FilteringEnabled. "ROBLOX needs to figure out how to stop exploiters from firing remotes of a game with a script" Doesn't work like that.
kowlonski
#210007978Saturday, February 18, 2017 5:24 AM GMT

Exploiters found a bypass for Filtering Enabled. So this is the time that we really need to start thinking a lot. kowlonski
Lua_Basics
#210008235Saturday, February 18, 2017 5:30 AM GMT

'Exploiters found a bypass for Filtering Enabled. So this is the time that we really need to start thinking a lot.' You don't just find a bypass for filtering enabled, as there isn't one. You can edit your character, which can be stopped, you can lag switch, can also be stopped, you can try and break event, can be stopped. It can all be stopped by just a smart developer, and there is no bypass for filtering enabled.
jodytime5
#210008308Saturday, February 18, 2017 5:33 AM GMT

i thought merely was a admin or is he.... #################
foreverpower
#210009136Saturday, February 18, 2017 5:54 AM GMT

"You don't just find a bypass for filtering enabled, as there isn't one. You can edit your character, which can be stopped, you can lag switch, can also be stopped, you can try and break event, can be stopped. It can all be stopped by just a smart developer, and there is no bypass for filtering enabled." You can't stop all forms of character manipulation, at least not reasonably. But that isn't a "FilteringEnabled bypass" because filteringenabled was never intended to stop those things.
Lua_Basics
#210009500Saturday, February 18, 2017 6:04 AM GMT

^ True, but I was saying it as the things an exploiter can do... like an example, as they can do a lot more... etc...
HeroBerserker
#210967823Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:05 PM GMT

Maybe if Roblox Co. enforced their No Hacking/Exploiting policy we wouldn't have to deal with such a problem. I literally see an exploiter twice and sometimes more everyday.
foreverpower
#211068841Thursday, March 02, 2017 3:58 AM GMT

^ And how do you expect them to enforce that?
Wunder_Wulfe
#211069996Thursday, March 02, 2017 4:16 AM GMT

exploiters can confuse the game to think their code is the actual code because of how client sided code has to be sent to the client in order for it to run on the client so its not as easy as flipping a switch
Wunder_Wulfe
#211070133Thursday, March 02, 2017 4:18 AM GMT

thing like aimbot, hacked guis, remote abuse, wallhacks all will exist, but they will have to try to create a solution for the programs that are abusing them. you _could_ still check things like this on the client but they can get rid of that script (higher level programs) so.. not really useful.
Customality
#211076536Thursday, March 02, 2017 6:23 AM GMT

Server-side scripts give us the edge, since exploiters can't tamper with them after we've parented them to nil. wrong
MICHEAL1988351
#211106194Thursday, March 02, 2017 8:19 PM GMT

if you were to use remote events with FE and only fire specific info through them while giving a key string or int or something and then check that that key in the info is correct then an exploiter would have a pretty difficult time figuring out that key if the key is only dealt with on the server. And even if the exploiter were to open and somehow view the local script that fires the key, there must be some way of detecting when a script is being viewed or tampered with, which at that point you could force crash the exploiter with a while loop or something.
Soybeen
#211106530Thursday, March 02, 2017 8:27 PM GMT

Make a new thread for this discussion. This is FAR too old and FAR too outdated. FilteringEnabled exists now. Stop bumping. It's detrimental to new learners.
Aomonto
#211414043Monday, March 06, 2017 10:29 PM GMT

Here is a list of what you should do if you encounter a badass exploiter: 1. Report ROBLOX to ban the God Damn exploiters 2. Try to not interfere with any death that can lead to committing suicide 3. Call ROBLOX? 4. Go on another server that doesn't have exploiters, HOWEVER being said if there WAS only 1 server then you would have to (sadly) play a different place in the ROBLOX platform 5. Try to calm down if the exploiters are hurting your feelings and try to think about things that get rid of exploiters. That's all that I can think of. Besides that Idrk anymore.
tycolt3
#211494730Wednesday, March 08, 2017 3:05 AM GMT

Well if they are using an injector a possible counter to that would have the server check all client scripts for an anomaly, I'm not sure if exploiters add a script into it or they build onto a previous script, and if there is an excess script it would kill the connection to the game, although he might get some damage in if he runs quickly between the checks you could use time on your side and start the first check 30 seconds or so after they join, this will make the load faster for non exploiters and prevent errors of missing scripts yet to render. And when they join the game there is usually some time, 5-20 seconds, before injecting the script. This obviously has flaws but that's why we brainstorm.