of     8   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Jinxy
#103650470Monday, July 01, 2013 8:54 PM GMT

The Eighth Age ended in a peace between the races. The humans, having grown tired of their place in Mithryn decided to explore the lands past Agolia. They discovered a vast ocean in their way, and started to build great ships. Three years later, with the aid of the Angolians they built their first ships and started sailing. They sailed for many generations, long enough that all the humans knew were the seas. They thought Elves legend and myth again, and even thought that dry land was a legend. And still they sailed on, not knowing where they were going, or why, until finally they landed on a new, fertile land. There were many different creatures that the sailors didn't know. They named this land Xu, and settled there for another few generations, living in a communal anarchy and at peace with each other, until a civil war nearly rips the anarchic state of Xu apart. out of this clash, a leader is born. The first Emperor of Xu. He was just and wise in his actions, and tried to raise his son the same way. A horrible accident changed this, and the Heir-Apparent took a new face, a ceramic mask. This mask was painted and designed to remind him of what he had endured. It was painted with a flame over his right eye. They painted the left side of his face in “fractures”, or lines of black paint with gray between the black lines. The Heir-Apparent studied for another ten years before his father unexpectedly died. It was on that day the Masked Heir learned a dark truth. Everybody dies. He began obsessed with learning the secrets of immortality, became consumed with it. And he discovered it. He became the Immortal Emperor of Xu. Xu saw many changes through the Ages, it was in what the Xu called the Fourth Era, that a small rebellion arose. The Masked Emperor had become a tyrant in his older age. The force called themselves the Phoenix Rebellion, and raised the flag of the other Empire of Xu in defiance of The Masked Emperor. The Masked Emperor called his guards together, and with their energy rifles and energy blades, they began to hunt down the Phoenix Rebellion. The war rages on to this day, lead by The Masked Emperor’s illegitimate son, though he does not know it. He believes himself to be a simple farmer. --- Weapons Ranged: Beam Rifle: Medium range, basic armament of the Xu Guard. Beam Pistol: Short range, side arm of the Xu Guard and common weapon. Melee Energy Blade: Sword-like weapon, crackles with energy and can cut through the light blacksteel armor of Xu Guard. It is usually reserved for the Elite Xu Guard. Stun Baton: A baton with an electrical current coursing through it. It usually stuns people who are hit with it. It does not affect the Xu Blacksteel armor, nor medium Xu-Orca Leather. --- Armor: Xu Blacksteel- Although in Mithryn, the alloy known as Blacksteel was rare and difficult to make, Xu proved to be abundant in these materials, so much so that they were able to make armors out of it. They vary in thickness from light to medium to heavy, and generally only the Xu Guard wear them. Xu-orca leather- Leather derived from the hide of an orca, a boar-like creature, it is quite useful in stopping projectile weapons and knives. They vary from thick to medium. Medium Xu-Orca Leather is unaffected by the Stun Baton. Xu-Orca armor is used by civilians and the Phoenix Rebellion. --- Character Sheet. Name: Age: Equipment: Biography: [Please list a reason why you are fighting for the Phoenix Rebellion] --- Rules: 1.) You must be a member of the Phoenix Rebellion, no exceptions. 2.) You must be a human. No exceptions. 3.) Enjoy the game as best you can.
kenshinkinzakura96
#103653542Monday, July 01, 2013 9:16 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Jinxy
#103654490Monday, July 01, 2013 9:23 PM GMT

[Hmm. Nobles are generally in power, but this is acceptable. I'll wait for another couple of people to join in before we start.]
Jinxy
#103753311Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:42 PM GMT

[bump]
Ozawa
#103759967Tuesday, July 02, 2013 4:48 PM GMT

Name: Kazuo Kiriyama Age: 27 Equipment: Energy blade, black steel armor Biography: Originally he served in the Elite Xu Guard, but defected after being ordered to commit a genocide of a village where suspected rebels were hiding. Not wanting to serve such an evil establishment, he fled into the countryside and was listed MIA after the attack on the village by Xu authorities. Kazuo made his way to a rebel hideout he knew after reading Guard intelligence reports and asked to join the Rebellion.
Jinxy
#103767388Tuesday, July 02, 2013 5:52 PM GMT

[Although unlikely, still accepted.]
Jinxy
#103773473Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:42 PM GMT

[[hourly bump]]
LeehaPanda
#103773734Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:44 PM GMT

tl;dr
mikeyman10ash
#103776375Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:05 PM GMT

A JINXY RP? That hasn't started yet? Huzzah! I've always wanted to join your RP's but by the time I spotted them they were on page 20 or so. ☭The Green Arrow of VGF☭
mikeyman10ash
#103777456Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:14 PM GMT

Name: Drake Kinree Age: 24 Equipment: Beam pistol, Xu-Orca Medium Thickness Leather Armor Biography: Since Drake was a young teenager(15), his parents had been running, er, secret operations from their basement. Big mess of logistics planning down there. Bulletin boards with plans on them, rations, fresh water, even weapons. Anything the Phoenix Rebellion needed, they had it down here and they had some crazy illegal plan to get it from A to B. Until one night, the Xu Guard found out about their little operation. They broke into the house, confiscated all the weapons, and even tossed Drake's parents in the prison for a short while. Well, PARENT. Drake's dad was killed on the spot and his mother was held responsible. Drake was technically an adult at the time and managed to get out of the house before he was killed. He basically lived in back alleys and small, abandoned houses for a few years until he joined the Phoenix Rebellion at age 24 as a currently untrained recruit. ☭The Green Arrow of VGF☭
Jinxy
#103779442Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:31 PM GMT

[[Wat. I have fans? accepted. I'll write up the introduction post for you guys.]]
Jinxy
#103780906Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:42 PM GMT

[A REMINDER; ANY OF MY RPS ARE FREE TO JOIN AT ANYTIME, EVEN ON PAGE 20.] The story begins with the three of you sitting around a table with a map of the city. There's a fourth person, an older man with a beard. He has been prattling on about how it's possible that there's a legitimate heir to the throne out there and that it's your duty to find him. His reasoning doesn't seem particularly valid at all, and his voice is making it really hard for you to focus on what he is saying because it is full of wheezing. You are considering whispering to the other two members of the strike team.
UltimateWarrior789
#103782540Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:57 PM GMT

Character Sheet. Name: Zyrus Drakes Age: 34 Equipment: Energy Blade, Beam Rifle, Xu-Orc Leather Armor Biography: [Please list a reason why you are fighting for the Phoenix Rebellion] At age 10, his family was slain by the Masked Emperor's guards. He was raised up by his grandparents, but eventually, they died from a various disease that he does not know about. He decided to join the Rebellion in order to avenge his family's death.
Jinxy
#103784090Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:09 PM GMT

[accepted]
Jinxy
#103796403Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:45 PM GMT

I spent eight hours working on the basis of this setting guys. You're making me feel like my eight hours of sleep were wasted :C ]
kenshinkinzakura96
#103796565Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:46 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Jinxy
#103796702Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:47 PM GMT

[I don't care who speaks at the table first, so long as somebody does. I didn't write a character for myself to move the action along on purpose.]
kenshinkinzakura96
#103799698Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:12 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Jinxy
#103799922Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:13 PM GMT

Lazarus notes that the majority of the commerce sections are divided in between the goods that the markets sell and into neat little sectors. [Did i mention this is a steampunk thread?]
kenshinkinzakura96
#103801155Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:23 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Jinxy
#103801378Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:24 PM GMT

[Yes. It's sort of like the Legend of Korra. I had finished the first season of it a few days before I dreamt the dream this is based off of.]
Ozawa
#103802187Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:30 PM GMT

(ATLA was better than LOK) Kazuo I look up at the speaker, a guy named Lazarus. "I say we just go to the capitol and kill the Emperor." I say.
1perrytheplatypus
#103804507Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:48 PM GMT

(I KNOW RIGHT, OZAWA! Might join, I don't know. :/)
1perrytheplatypus
#103805338Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:55 PM GMT

Name: Auzara Von'cha'lee Age:28 Equipment: Xu-orca Leather, Medium thickness. Beam Rifle, Beam Pistol. Biography: At @ge 10, he had heard his parents complaining about the high taxes, every single day. This got stuck in his mind for a long time. A very long time. Eventually, at @ge 19, due to the Emperor suspecting that there was some sort of rebellion presence in the town, went on and sent out his guards to kill every single man and woman in the town. Now, Auzara had a very deep relationship with his parents, and when they were killed, this sparked a rebellion inside of him. He trained relentlessly with his weapons in secret, then joined the Phoenix Rebellion.
Jinxy
#103805420Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:55 PM GMT

(You're entitled to your own opinion. I like them both equally, but the setting was the only conjugate I could give you guys.)

of     8   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right