of     1   

kaywell105
#114084849Friday, September 27, 2013 7:07 PM GMT

--- INTRODUCTION: Ok guys. I know there are a lot of forums about this. However, I would like to tell this in the perspective of a clothing designer, a person who will either benefit and/or lose in this feature the most. ---- TO THE NEWBIES: Are you completely clueless as to what people are talking about "price floors?" Well this is the section for you! Recently, ROBLOX released an update that puts the minimum prices for clothing at 25 ROBUX or 300 tickets. Before then, the prices were a minimum of 5 tickets/1 ROBUX. This is the forum where most are coming to protest. ---- DOWN TO THE PERSPECTIVE: Ok. I design clothing for fun, and sometimes I sell it for fun. When the minimum was 5 tickets, I was mostly angered because I wanted it at a cheaper price for my buyers. When that was the minimum I made maybe a profit of 10-15 tickets per day (without advertising) Now what my main point is. How will I make profit and "be rewarded for my hard work" (quote ROBLOX blog) if the prices are outrageous, and no one want to buy my shirts? There are many people protesting this. Do you think they would dare buy anything within this feature? I'll also be honest on this. I may be BC, however I will never pay 300 tickets on a shirt when I could be saving up for a hat, face or package. If I wanted to sell my stuff for 300 tickets, I would've sold it that way A LONG TIME AGO (cough, cough) --- TL;DR? If you want something to the point, I basically just said that I will never make much profit if no one wants to buy something so expensive. --- THE END.
kaywell105
#114084986Friday, September 27, 2013 7:10 PM GMT

This forum is open for debate. You may either debate with others of the community, or you can indicate if you support. Thank you for reading, -kaywell105
Maxwell_Edison
#114085823Friday, September 27, 2013 7:23 PM GMT

I don't understand someone disliking 5tix minimum: you get 2x that a day, any less for the average shirt price and the economy would collapse with worthless tickets able to buy 10 shirts a day But, I of course do understand, and hate, the new price floor. Now it's 60 days per shirt+pants combo, which exceeds irl time to make that money even. Which is really stupid, as for all the reasons already explained everywhere. seriously. Support.
ZangooseSlash
#114086027Friday, September 27, 2013 7:26 PM GMT

agreed. clothing makers want people to wear their stuff, not make them a luxury. i miss when you could get a group shirt for near free, but now they cost a fortune
PigglesWorth
#114086185Friday, September 27, 2013 7:28 PM GMT

It helps stop scamming. Other designers have their price for say 30 tickets. Another person could copy and sell it for a lot less. You would then stop making profit, because people will buy cheaper. Unfair to the designer, and the copier get's all the money. With this update, no copier gets money However, people who make and sell cheap clothes(such as you), can no longer make very much money, due to it being too expensive. So, a ton more smaller design company's get messed up in the process of ROBLOX helping the bigger ones. Don't even get me started on group uniforms... Support.
ZangooseSlash
#114086328Friday, September 27, 2013 7:30 PM GMT

It may help stop scamming, but couldn't you copy a shirt and sell it at same price? You'd still get some money out of it, and this floor encourages copying. Would you rather pay 25 robux for a poorly made shirt or just steal it? Seriously...
Maxwell_Edison
#114086399Friday, September 27, 2013 7:31 PM GMT

Think of it this way, for those for the extra profit for clothes maker: Out of the people buying clothes, a good thousand or so are likely new to ROBLOX and need clothes.* They have 1-100 tickets. A bit less are non-new. They have 100-1000 tickets average. A small amount are BC+. They have 1000+ average. the 1000 new members who'd buy someones 10 tix clothes can no longer do this. the NBC'ers, only half or less would buy it. The BC'ers+ would buy it, but that's a low number who need clothes. Profit = much less than if it costed 10 tix Obviously not exact numbers.
ZangooseSlash
#114086586Friday, September 27, 2013 7:33 PM GMT

the flooring also prevents the seller to do sales, giving people incentive to buy quickly.
Perci1
#114086884Friday, September 27, 2013 7:38 PM GMT

I made a new group, and it just started to thrive. But now no one can afford the uniform! How annoying is that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vR5WHD7ntE ^ Watch that.
kaywell105
#114086898Friday, September 27, 2013 7:38 PM GMT

I see where people disagreeing with the 5 tickets minimum are coming from. However, when I could make it to the price I wanted, don't you think I would make it to 5 tickets if that's what I wanted? It should be up to the choice of the seller. If the seller wants it dirt cheap, then they should be able to make that possible. If they want it expensively, its their choice too. But now its not really helping us because if I wanted to make alot more money, I would make it that way in the first place. To be honest, this is a useless, time wasting update. Before any price floor, we could make our own decisions. I frankly believe that this was a waste of time to the developing team, and that they could have used this wasted time to implement a small update such as this, but completely new.
ultraspeedtalker
#114090746Friday, September 27, 2013 8:25 PM GMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vR5WHD7ntE

of     1