of     1   

goluigi10
#120483001Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:11 AM GMT

I know that price floors aren't really a secret anymore, and that people have largely stopped caring that they exist. That said, there are still legitimate arguments to be made against it--but I'm not going to make them. There are plenty of threads that do that already, made by people more competent than myself. Tell me, though, do you know why brand-name clothing is so popular? It's not because of clothing quality, though that can play a part in it. It's more for the company's pedigree--you're paying for peace of mind, if that makes any sense. Your jeans say "Levi's", so you know they're good. Your sweatshirt says "Aeropostale", so you know it's hip. Your coat says "North face", so you get the point by now. And if it's not, you can usually take it back for a refund. Unfortunately, you can't do that on Roblox. I'm not saying "add refunds", though that could certainly put more consumer confidence back into the community. But with increased prices, nobody can be expected to pay ten days' worth of easy money on a shirt--catering to the lowest common denominator. Sorry if the complaints of the bourgeois light a fire under your leather-padded computer chairs. Now I'm rambling. What I'm saying is this: three-hundred tickets is a helluva lot to pay for some pixel fabric. And it's a gamble every time--catalog pictures are never an accurate representation of what you get. Either the clothes are flawed somehow, or the thumbnail wasn't selling the product very well. For three hundred tickets, isn't some form of consumer protection feasible? A trial period for clothing, 90% refunds, an in-catalog fitting room? You could say that they're just pixels, purchased with money you got for free. That servers need money to be maintained, and the price floor is the only feasible way to do that. Points yielded--I have a buddy who runs a TF2 server, and I never stop hearing about how expensive it can get. But then I'll just tell you that, if servers are so expensive, then why is Roblox giving out free money anyway? Money that only has value on the Roblox website, and that can feasibly fund a fleet of servers? I know that this is pretty much what the mint does, but I didn't think it'd work on a corporate level, too. tl;dr • Price floors are old news. • Brands sell their names, not their products. • Roblox has no brands, and no place to go if you don't like the clothing. • 90% refunds? In-catalog fitting room? Trial period before actual purchase? • lolgovernment I really like your mane.
LaurenIsMineForever
#120484847Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:41 AM GMT

sure,support.

of     1