of     1   

EchoReaper
#122069437Friday, January 03, 2014 1:17 AM GMT

Starting note: We are not politicians -- please do not say simply "Support" or "No support". Please give a reason why you like/dislike a certain part(or the whole thing). Also, scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the tl;dr section. The Problem: I'm sure you're all very well aware that decals, shirts, etc have to be approved by the moderation team before anyone else can see what you've uploaded. Depending on what you upload, it can take days for your item to be approved. This is all with good reason though, as people would be able to upload inappropriate content without the moderation team. The Solution: I'm sure less people are aware of YouTube's policies compared to the people who understand ROBLOX's policies, so let me explain a new system that YouTube is planning to implement that we may also be able to use on ROBLOX. Starting some time this month, YouTube will allow all "managed" channels to upload videos without moderation; however, channels that are not "managed" by a network will have their videos moderated before anyone can view them. For those of you who don't know, networks on YouTube are groups of people who try to popularize their member channels, and for it, they receive a bit of the ad revenue from their partners' videos. The members of these networks are called "managed" channels. The "managed" channels do not have to go through the uploading process because the network they're a part of assures YouTube that their videos will not have anything against YouTube policies in them. If a partner ever uploads something bad though, the partner will be removed from the network, and the network will be penalized for have allowing this to happen. Despite this, the network trusts their partners not to upload bad videos, and in case you aren't aware of the seriousness of their condition, people pay their bills with money that they get for managing their partners' channels. That's a huge amount of trust they're putting into their partners. On ROBLOX, we also have a type of network with "managed" users -- people who are a part of RbxDev. People who are a part of RbxDev make some really neat games, and make a ton of money from it. These type of people are most likely trustworthy, so it doesn't really make sense for them to have to wait for their content to be moderated. In case you didn't know, SonicTheHedgehogXX just bought an Alienware computer with the money he got from the Developer Exchange(and if memory serves right, this feature is only available to people who are a part of RbxDev.) You can buy an Alienware for over $1000 without even trying, and Sonic bought something that expensive the the Developer Exchange. I'm absolutely positive that anyone who had the ability to get that much money would *CERTAINLY* not want that ability to be taken away from them. If this is implemented, as a condition of being part of RbxDev, people in RbxDev would have to forfeit their membership in RbxDev if they uploaded anything against the ROBLOX rules(and run the risk of their account being deleted depending on the severity of the rule that was broken.) So, we have developers that are already trustworthy and additionally deterred from uploading inappropriate content. Not a single one of them would dare to upload something inappropriate -- there can be nothing bad that comes of this new system. However, the good would be very beneficial. Developers would no longer have to wait days for their content to be moderated -- other people could see the new content as soon as it was uploaded. You no longer would have to wait two days for the developer to release an update to your favorite game because ROBLOX was moderating the images. [[TL;DR/Summary]] Allow members of RbxDev to upload content without it being moderated so that developers don't have to wait two days to release an update due to their content being moderated. On top of that, developers would never upload something inappropriate because they would be kicked out of RbxDev and not be able to convert Robux to real money anymore.
2tabbycat
#122069907Friday, January 03, 2014 1:22 AM GMT

I do believe more punishment should be added rather then getting kicked out of RBXDev. Perhaps a three day ban?
CoffeePortal
#122070234Friday, January 03, 2014 1:26 AM GMT

I approve, anyone that is a part of RbxDev should not have the privilege revoked because of a single incident, I believe a temporary suspension should be put into order.
EchoReaper
#122070752Friday, January 03, 2014 1:32 AM GMT

People in RbxDev are supposed to be mature people. If they upload something that is against the rules, then they know what they're doing is wrong. If they know that they can get off easy, they might think "Well, I can do it just this once." If it's something really minor like they upload a picture of themselves for some reason, then no, they don't really need to get banned. That rule was meant to protect the uploader -- not the people who would see it. If the rule broken harms people who see the image, then they should be kicked out immediately.
microk
#122071123Friday, January 03, 2014 1:35 AM GMT

As long as their appeal doesn't work. They shouldn't get punished if they honestly didn't think it was against the rules. The Roblox team has common sense, you know.
EchoReaper
#122071655Friday, January 03, 2014 1:40 AM GMT

Yes, this is true; however, it's up to ROBLOX, not me, when to decide to let someone off the hook. That is why I didn't include any exceptions in my post.
gordonrox24
#122073824Friday, January 03, 2014 2:00 AM GMT

No item should ever take days to upload. At most, it generally takes a couple of hours to be approved.
EchoReaper
#122076767Friday, January 03, 2014 2:29 AM GMT

I was talking with Coffee portal the other day, and he had a shirt that took over a day to be moderated.
microk
#122077039Friday, January 03, 2014 2:32 AM GMT

Most of the time my uploads take at least 24 hours to pass moderation...
Keyumi
#122077855Friday, January 03, 2014 2:41 AM GMT

I think this sounds like a good improvement for the more recognized citizens. Because there is no waiting involved to get something done and it doesn't interfere with the moderators work. So... 50/50 right? I support.

of     1