of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

microk
#122075537Friday, January 03, 2014 2:19 AM GMT

Now before you go ahead and no support because it's abusable, just hear me out on this. I'll try to TL;DR it at the end, but it may be a bit too complex. YES, this is a WORD WALL, but please do NOT support/don't support this suggestion if you have NOT at least read the TL;DR. This is how it would work: First off, common sense says that a user must OWN the actual original hat to retexture it. This is just logical. But, you also need to pay to retexture hats, or people would abuse it, and have like 600 hats, all different retextures. So this is what my thought is on that, I believe that you should have to buy the hat AGAIN to retexture it. For instance, once you buy the hat, the green button that once said "Buy Now" says "Retexture" and still have the original price above it. Upon clicking "Retexture" it will prompt you, just as if you're buying the hat, but instead the window will tell you that you own the hat, but paying for it again unlocks one retexture slot. (Each hat costs twice as much, for instance you buy a 10 tix hat, another 10 tix unlocks the retexture, however each additional retexture costs 20 tix.) About the slots, each hat will have a dialog under it saying "Retexture Slots Owned(#)", you can buy multiple slots without using them up, but you don't have to. There will be a button right next to that number, that says "Use Retexture". How you would actually retexture the hat is, once you click "Use Retexture" it gives you a link to the template (templates are already available anyways), and then also has a 'choose file' option, of course. Once you choose a template of your choice, you click "Upload Retexture", and it'll appear in your hats with a ticket number, like "Hat#120983". Once the texture passes moderation, you will have the option to change the title. I have an idea about the money issues people may have. Roblox will have a set standard of doubling the price for a retexture, but they can change this easily based on rarity, price, and stock. ALSO, there's a small issue with limiteds. Well, there was. I think you should just have to own the limited twice. For instance; A hat goes onsale for 10 tix, it's a LimitedU, and only has 1000 in stock. You cannot retexture it until it goes limited, and once it goes limited you can buy a second hat, and this unlocks one slot for retexturing. Each additional limited you own unlocks a retexture. Why only one additional limited per-retexture? It is because of price fluctuating, the price may go up and down a ton. AND chances are it will be way more expensive than the original price of the hat anyways. Also I had an idea about selling hats, I'm not sure if Roblox would allow this, but it would be pretty cool to be able to sell retextures, but have a price ceiling of like 150% of the original hat's price, (For instance, a 10 tix hat would have a price ceiling of 15 tix) and a price floor of the original hat's price. (The 10 tix hat would only be allowed to have the minimum price 10 tix, this is to prevent people uploading the original texture as their own, and then selling for a lot cheaper than the original) TL;DR: Pay a fee to unlock a retexture slot. With this slot you can make a custom texture. Textures must be moderated. You must just own one additional limited per-retexture slot of that item. MAYBE being able to sell hats. Please give a reason why you support (or don't support) this idea.
microk
#122076284Friday, January 03, 2014 2:25 AM GMT

I am tracking this thread, though no one is probably going to read my word wall, the few that do should probably agree with me. However I'd also like negative feedback, even though I don't see anything wrong with the idea.
VirtusII
#122077091Friday, January 03, 2014 2:33 AM GMT

I read this and it is a great idea but there are a couple flaws. 1. Roblox makes R$ by retexturing and selling the retextured hats. 2. Lets say you bought a sparkle time fedora for 10k and it went limited. How much would you pay to retexture it? 3. If you owned 2 Sparkle time fedoras (This could be for any hat) and lets say you owned the red one. So all you would have to do to get the 100k+ Purple one is retexture? Thats all the "Major" flaws I have currently. No support, sorry :/
microk
#122077474Friday, January 03, 2014 2:37 AM GMT

Right, there is a problem with Meshes, because they often use the same mesh multiple times. This is probably fixable, just any hat with the same mesh, you have to pay for the most expensive one. Annoying, yes. They could take off the option to retexture it, as well, if they think an item isn't worthy of it. Like the Dominus limiteds, Fedoras, Sparkle Times, etc. I forgot to mention this, but I was thinking that a lot of hats that are rare/limited aren't going to be retexturable. But a lot of the more mainstream, cheap, affordable hats would be. Especially tix ones and such.
VirtusII
#122078326Friday, January 03, 2014 2:46 AM GMT

There is some of the "minor" flaws. Lets say I purchase a cheap fedora. I can make that cheap fedora look like an expensive fedora. It would just become annoying. (Plus if you could not retexture limiteds then how would you retexture anything? You cannot currently buy two of the same hats that are not limited, therefore you would have to allow limiteds and we are back to the Sparkle Time Fedora)
microk
#122079137Friday, January 03, 2014 2:54 AM GMT

You obviously have not read any of my posts. Number one, as I said, a lot of meshes that are used frequently, like a fedora, roblox will most likely not let you retexture. Secondly, I explained the whole retexture process, you do not physically buy a normal hat twice, you just pay for it twice. The first time is owning it, the second time is retexturing it. You WILL have two hats, though. The original hat, and the one you retextured. Perhaps if you want to sell your hat you have to buy it a THIRD time. Roblox would obviously choose the details to suit them.
spacegang
#122079390Friday, January 03, 2014 2:57 AM GMT

sorry, many people don't read the posts. i suggested the idea to remove all limiteds and then turn them into stock or something
VirtusII
#122079529Friday, January 03, 2014 2:58 AM GMT

This is seeming more pointless as we go on. I still stand on No support. This has been suggested many times. Plus the more its suggested the more flaws you have...
VirtusII
#122079586Friday, January 03, 2014 2:59 AM GMT

@SPaceGang Stock basically is a limited.... Seriously....
spacegang
#122079626Friday, January 03, 2014 2:59 AM GMT

@virtus S&I was created for ideas and solutions, not "no support". Find your own solution and then discuss.
microk
#122080044Friday, January 03, 2014 3:04 AM GMT

You're not giving clear reasons why you don't support. Both of your 'flaws' with it I already had explained in the thread. Also this is the first time I've suggested it, and I covered it as completely as I could. Most other people don't cover all the details, just ask to "Allow users to retexture hats" and then leave it at that.
VirtusII
#122080067Friday, January 03, 2014 3:04 AM GMT

Oh so thats what S & I meant! I though it was exactly what roblox says it is! Suggestions & Ideas! My bad for suggesting and Commenting on an idea! Woopsie..
Aerospaceman
#122080217Friday, January 03, 2014 3:05 AM GMT

Truthfully, I don't think this would work. It would be difficult to moderate, and it would be difficult to implement. I think it is better for users submit/advertise their retextures to get published and have a chance to get them in the catalog. But with everyone running around with different hats, it would just get way to confusing. Even if this was better though out, I am 99.99% positive that ROBLOX wouldn't make this a feature.
spacegang
#122080244Friday, January 03, 2014 3:06 AM GMT

You're just saying, "ooh dude, no thupport becauzth like, people can like, retexture thtuff and itemths would lose like limitedths. Please elaborate and be more clear next time.
VirtusII
#122080285Friday, January 03, 2014 3:06 AM GMT

^There... In other words (Over suggested, Abusable and way to hard to moderate).
VirtusII
#122080342Friday, January 03, 2014 3:07 AM GMT

Haha, now you know this kid is desperate. Making up things he wishes I would have said.
spacegang
#122080606Friday, January 03, 2014 3:09 AM GMT

Truthfully, I don't think this would work. It would be difficult to moderate, and it would be difficult to implement. I think it is better for users submit/advertise their retextures to get published and have a chance to get them in the catalog. But with everyone running around with different hats, it would just get way to confusing. Even if this was better though out, I am 99.99% positive that ROBLOX wouldn't make this a feature. "difficult to moderate." Why do you think ROBLOX can't handle this? They already moderate... shirts/pants/decals/posts/text/names/comments/textures People want to make their own stuff. This is ROBLOX, where you build stuff! "confusing..." I don't get what you are saying here. It is "99.99%" difficult to actually get a hat published.
VirtusII
#122080780Friday, January 03, 2014 3:11 AM GMT

Spacegang... This has been suggested over the years. I know for a fact roblox wont allow this. Its just stupid... Sorry to the creator for that but its just not well thought up.
microk
#122080848Friday, January 03, 2014 3:12 AM GMT

None of the 'flaws' yet have even made sense. But at whoever said something about moderation making it difficult, I must ask, have you ever retextured? If you did, you'd know it's just as easy as getting a picture moderated. Why? Because that's the thing. IT IS. The meshes would be from hats ROBLOX created, so obviously fine, and the textures would be uploaded just like images, only you'd be able to wear it. You can already retexture things easily, so this is just an option to wear them. You have to buy the hat, Roblox doesn't lose any profits off of it.
spacegang
#122080865Friday, January 03, 2014 3:12 AM GMT

@virtus All I'm saying is that you aren't posting very clearly. Why do you want to turn this into some pointless argument? Why can't we just explain the reasons, justify, and elaborate on our words. Larney here took his time to post a thread, then you no support it for ONE reason. ONE reason, why not post many more reasons instead of calling each other names?
VirtusII
#122081031Friday, January 03, 2014 3:14 AM GMT

No support.... Just.... No.... Won't ever happen.... Clear enough Space?
spacegang
#122081180Friday, January 03, 2014 3:15 AM GMT

@Virtus "No support.... Just.... No.... Won't ever happen.... Clear enough Space?" Wow, you made an extremely helpful suggestion! With no explanation, this argument is totally valid!
VirtusII
#122081255Friday, January 03, 2014 3:16 AM GMT

Thanks =D I try my best to please to the stupidity that is you.
spacegang
#122081526Friday, January 03, 2014 3:19 AM GMT

@virtus You posted nothing about this thread, and instead you have insulted me. This debate that we're having has turned into, "no lol ur stupid hurr durr." Now please, leave. I do not want to argue with someone on S&I because it was their opinion for no retexturing.
microk
#122082503Friday, January 03, 2014 3:28 AM GMT

I don't mind people not supporting, just don't 'no support' unless you've read the whole thread. I've already covered all the flaws so far.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right