of     1   

metaknight200
#123104981Tuesday, January 14, 2014 5:19 AM GMT

no i'm not saying make everything like it was in 06, i mean like (in this well organized list ogm!) 1. Special events all re-made versions of old ones (halloween, easter egg hunt, etc) Now what i'm saying here, is use Yorick's final resting place, but have it just like it was for the riddles and such (i have no memory of this sense i wasn't around for that event.) It wouldn't give the noir riddling skull, but instead a re-color of it. The way to get it would be like the riddling skull, but not exactly the same. Also like the old egg hunts at classic places, i think this year's should be at glass houses. And, some eggs found at other popular places (sword fighting tournament, apocalypse rising, etc). 2. Hats being re-textures (and slight remeshes) of old ones Not like every time a hat is released, but maybe for every other month atleast 10 ~ 14 old hat remeshes would be made. (i.e, teddy bear cap, baseball caps, etc) Also, not for ridiculous prices. that would kinda ruin it for new users. 3. Aesthetic changes Yes, i mean like the site theme. not the studs, or anything like that, but like the glue texture, and such. 4. Animations For this, i mean to be able to have players in there place, in something like the players section or the likes to turn on/off the updated animations, and choose specifically which ones they wanted off. that would be nice, i like the dance animation but not the idle. 5. Classic games on the front page Every classic game. Crossroads, chaos canyon, the such. i bet it's the best thing you've ever seen, huh? -Living Like ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ-
starman444
#123109538Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:11 AM GMT

1. I wouldn't reuse old places. The older members would just breeze through them, providing no challenge and less satisfying "moments of discovery"(such as last year's thanksgiving event). Instead of completely bringing back old events, why not create some new ones that are reminiscent of the old places. 2. Sure, why not 3. While they probably won't bring back the old site theme, a retro theme should be in order, and a new theme has been long overdue imho 4. whatever. 5. It might be slightly problematic as to the subjective definition of "classic", but as long as i see some Miked's paintball, I'm in.
Excilium
#123110265Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:46 AM GMT

They are not gonna do this, we all know this.
tsuuchinoko
#123110325Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:49 AM GMT

ugh no we don't need more "2008 was the best year because that's when i joined!11" nostalgic idiots bacon bapping with da chickin sandwich [filli-second of ot] ♥
Jurok
#123112476Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:39 AM GMT

It's not the year itself that makes people have the nostalgia, it's the feeling of being new, the only thing you can't re-create. I mean, you could try, but it would be hard to get ROBLOX into the plan in the first place. And you won't feel that feeling of satisfaction in the end, even if that happens. Look back at old ROBLOX, it sucked. I would say the same thing if I joined in '06, '07, or '08. No paid access (really useful for beta places), no dynamic lighting, laggier then now, you couldn't make some of the stuff you can now... etc. j-frame
metaknight200
#123131781Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:51 PM GMT

i never said i wanted it to be entirely like old roblox, i mean just to have it as the better aspects people enjoyed of it then, mainly aesthetics. i know back then, most of the games were exactly the same and barely had any scripting due to the little roblox could handle. obviously, everyone would enjoy having the old theme back with minor changes compensating for the new tabs. and as with every game, you can't re-create the feeling of it being new. i can't bare to play TF2 anymore because of how boring and repetitive it is now. and just because i'm from 08 and posted this doesn't mean i'm one of those people that think nothing of the features the following years had.
Excilium
#123140656Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:35 PM GMT

TF2 got repetitive for you because you played it for awhile, same with ROBLOX, nostalgic idiot.
Fedley
#123141198Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:41 PM GMT

Support, sounds great. I had a great time on ROBLOX when I joined in Summer 2011 on my first account so if the game was to be even older themed I would probably have an even better time than when I first joined :D
2tabbycat
#123141706Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:46 PM GMT

It's not the year itself that makes people have the nostalgia, it's the feeling of being new. (2)
metaknight200
#123172716Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:28 AM GMT

okay so in response to marshall calling me a "nostalgic idiot", i liked some of the aesthetics of 08. this does not make me someone who goes to every single game complaining how the features of 08 and such were better, because i know they aren't. and i only posted this because a lot of people would enjoy having all the old events and such back, and new players could see what the events and hats were like 09 and lower. a lot of people said the halloween map was bad, that the "siege of quebec" was bad, and even some said the 2013 egg hunt was bad. -Living Like ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ-
Extuls
#123172819Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:29 AM GMT

"Hey guys! Let's have events that make ROBLOX worse for a while!" No.
Digitov
#123173624Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:41 AM GMT

way2useless+pointless tbh.
LUBlasterBuilder
#123178131Wednesday, January 15, 2014 6:16 AM GMT

I have seen this one before, and it would completely reformat ROBLOX, destroying all existing games and restoring them to how they would have been if they only used the content available to the creators in the old days of ROBLOX. To be quite honest, I will not read your entire post because it's not worth reading yet another document prepared for support by the creator's fellow nostalgia-blinded followers who have no idea what the impact of their feeble notions would have on ROBLOX if implemented. ╔BlasterBuilder, the Nexus Race Ace and LEGO Universe Rebuilder═╝
deadravens
#123179523Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:12 AM GMT

Hmm...
metaknight200
#123205886Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:38 PM GMT

@lublaster well maybe you should read it, because the entire post revolves around aesthetics, and nothing that would break any game. so before you go and call me out, read pls.
LUBlasterBuilder
#124740758Monday, February 03, 2014 1:41 AM GMT

I did read the post, and changing the aesthetics would mean removing dynamic lights and shadows... :P You're basically saying that ROBLOX should temporarily ruin the look of everyone's ROBLOX games, just in order to satisfy your nostalgia. ╔BlasterBuilder, the Nexus Race Ace and LEGO Universe Rebuilder═╝

of     1