of     1   

Gameplayer1500
#127564740Saturday, March 08, 2014 5:33 PM GMT

The rating system (the thumbs up and down) should be removed. Why? Because it is hurting game developers like me, I am working on a game, and it isn't done yet, but I got two thumbs down? I have one thumbs up, and that was a friend who gave me that thumbs up. I didn't even finish the game and I got two thumbs downs... Why? I feel people thumbs down games for not good reason, this hurts people who are trying to make a game and get it on the front page. When games get thumbs downs people don't play them. My game may not be the next Apocalypse Rising but it I didn't even finish it and I got two thumbs down? It might only be two, but think about it this way, 66% of the votes are thumbs down, look at the rating bar, that makes the game look bad. When 2/3 of the rating bar is red that tells people who see the game that is it bad. If I were to run ads for the game, people would not play it. Please remove it.
JakeVSGaming
#127564968Saturday, March 08, 2014 5:36 PM GMT

Half support. It may hurt developers, but we still kinda need the rating system. The mods really put it there to track down fake/bad/inappropriate games. With too many thumbs down, the game goes into moderation. We still need that for the inappropriate games and stuff. But i see why you would want to remove it so... Half support. ~Training base for sale! - http://www.roblox.com/Training-Base-FOR-SALE-place?id=120984720~
Gameplayer1500
#127565351Saturday, March 08, 2014 5:41 PM GMT

@jakevsgaming I see what you mean, but what if they made it so the rating bar is not there, that way people can still reported it for the fake/inappropriate games and not harm game developers.
EntangledRiddle
#127565508Saturday, March 08, 2014 5:43 PM GMT

Or we could just have a thumbs up, and a comment section for things you don't like, not for spam. .-.
Epicborn1337
#127565605Saturday, March 08, 2014 5:44 PM GMT

Some kids disliked my game because: They died. Wow. -EPICBORN1337 EAT CHESE-
Tccool
#127565858Saturday, March 08, 2014 5:47 PM GMT

Have you ever seen a popular front page game with no dislikes? I haven't. There's mean people in the world, but deal with it. http://blog.roblox.com/2013/07/how-the-top-rated-games-earn-your-thumbs-up/ "The thumbs up/thumbs down rating system gives you the power to vote on the content populating that page, so that the entire community can band together to establish an easy-to-read quality metric." "populating the page" ie: games on the front page If your game is not super popular, expect to get a dislike or two and the huge red bar appears, which makes you feel bad. Don't worry, it's just a rating that doesn't matter because your game can look appealing and be a fun game on the inside. Fake/Misleading games get tons of dislikes, which warns the community that the game is not allowed, it's misleading, or there have been tons of trolls on a good game. http://www.roblox.com/Build-Anything-on-an-Island-ORiGiNAL-place?id=74577940 My game isn't that popular, and I have 7 dislikes. I still get game traffic, I still have likes, and those dislikes don't mean anything except that more red appears on that page. Once your game is completed, you will get better ratings. If you are that desperate, ask all your friends to like it, but don't just ask everyone to like it, or else you'll get more dislikes and more trolls. NO SUPPORT.
ForeverAnarchy
#144503277Monday, August 25, 2014 8:33 PM GMT

People always rate games badly and make other people think that the game is terrible. I too,think it should be removed. People thumbs"ing" down makes games look bad and doesnt get plays. People do this for fun. BUT...This is to the people that thumbs down games randomly. WHY? You probably couldnt make better. So why judge others that do WAY BETTER than you?
shadowdragon94
#149614083Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:46 AM GMT

people keep thumbs-down-ing my places for no reason its stupid cause the people mainly do it because they are trolls,and are trying to get the place to be not popular,none of my places are really popular anymore. none of them or misleading,innapropriate,etc. 100% support,we should have an option on our games weather we want rating system or not
IVIoonman
#149614692Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:54 AM GMT

If you develop a game keep it inactive until it's done. Also, this needs to stay so if there's a game like "Cart ride into a nyan cat tycoon to defeat godzilla then finish the rainbow obby for admin" Can get thumbs down if they are not legit. You live in a BOX Your life IS A BOX you will never get out of the BOX so long as you refuse to accept the existence of anything BUT THE BOX.
Scootrbro
#149615386Wednesday, November 12, 2014 1:03 AM GMT

ITT: either OP can't handle criticism or his game is bad
LethalPaintballGuns
#149616100Wednesday, November 12, 2014 1:13 AM GMT

The system is admittedly broken a little bit and biased I think that for the rating system, when they rate down they must put a reason why, and then anybody can see it. So that way it doesn't entirely hurt a game if lets say all the dislikes say "IT DOESNT HAVE THIS THING I WANT!!"
JellyBall123
#149618790Wednesday, November 12, 2014 1:48 AM GMT

SUPPORT! My hard worked game got 19 thumbs down for no reason. Mainly because people thought I used a "city generator"
LandereIIa
#191102144Monday, June 13, 2016 3:53 PM GMT

Hello! Yes me too I got 2 likes and 1 dislike why? I dont know I spend 2 hours to build the restaurant and because of the thumb down I closed it...
Teappot
#191102289Monday, June 13, 2016 3:56 PM GMT

Support

of     1