of     1   

Laaj
#131056692Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:27 PM GMT

This is directly towards ROBLOX Moderation System, but you are eligible to state your opinion. [----] ROBLOX, As we've seen in the past few months-year(s) you've added some amazing-horrible updates, a few of these horrible updates were, price inflation on all things clothing wise and amount you have to pay for your name change. So I'm going to state my idea. [---] My Idea; To allow each ROBLOXian to change there names once for free, it is like a "free-trial" that T.V promo give and such, and after that it goes to 250 robux, then 500 robux (etc...) or some progression of a ladder, not just straight out 1000 robux. The reason I state this is because the ROBLOXian community is poor, it is like the economy in the USA, there is 99% of ROBLOXians who are poor-moderate in money then there is the 1% that are filthy rich, that use $1 bills as tissues. So here is my question to you ROBLOX moderators, who are you trying to please here and what is more important to you? [---] Opinions - As this is just a random idea, I would like to hear from the ROBLOX body, what do you think of this idea? Is it possible? Do you think it could work? Leave your opinions below and keep on bunny-hopping.
RougeFableBlade
#131057204Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:31 PM GMT

No support. Go to Canada.
ShagFace
#131057254Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:32 PM GMT

This reminds me of XBOX gamertags. You're allowed to change your gamertag once, then afterwards, it comes with a costly fee. Looking at that system as of right now, it's pretty successful. This basically foreshadows how ROBLOX could make this successful, too. Support.
DataStore
#131062241Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:29 PM GMT

No support. You have free will. When you sign up to ROBLOX you are able to choose any username that you desire, so long as it hasn't already been registered by someone else. If you really feel the need to change your username you should perhaps of taken more care in choosing your original username, and then you wouldn't have to pay the name change fee. The main reason I don't agree with this idea is the fact that it wouldn't realistically work, quite simply. Every time you change your username your current name, and all previous names, are locked from use by any other user. This is simply done to protect your identity on the website, nothing more or less. This is where ROBLOX differs from other providers such as XBL, which allows any user to come across and take an abandoned name. Microsoft do not have to worry about impersonation issues since it's quite easy to tell who's who given point score, messages given out informing the change, and nothing that they really have to lose. Another issue, with this idea, is the cost. If we took a ballpark figure of 16M users. Now, give each one of them a free name change. Congratulations, you have just make a 16M player community take up the space of a 32M player community, assuming they all did indeed change their name. Unrealistic sure, but the issue is presents is still apparent. I'd also like to point out that the cost of the name change is based on the cost advertised by other companies, which offer a similar service. Unless I'm mistaken, a name change on XBL costs around £10 I believe? ROBLOX does it cheaper to a degree, given an active BC subscription and exchange rates for where I live.

of     1