juuq
#187270836Wednesday, April 13, 2016 2:24 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
juuq
#187271263Wednesday, April 13, 2016 2:31 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Z0rr0w
#187304729Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:22 PM GMT

(Okay, we can decide on what we want to do when this RP is actually completed.) I blink several times at the man. At least I know my language still exists around here. That doesn't make understanding this person any easier though. "Giant, Catira, do either of you understand what he's saying?" I ask.
Smough
#187307247Wednesday, April 13, 2016 10:02 PM GMT

(if we want, we can start doing some rough work in the background and once this is done, we can get it going full-speed.) Catira shook her head. "No. I cannot, he's... very difficult to understand." Giant, on the other hand, begged to differ. "As far as I can tell, he can't speak your language well - but he knows about Tsen and how it's been eight years since... whatever happened." He taps his chin for a second as the old man waited for anything else to be said. Giant once more spoke up to the old man since he addressed him. "Hey, old man," he pointed with a dash of rudeness, "what's your name?" Without hesitation, the old man planted his left fist over his right breast, speaking with utmost confidence. "De name is Rikarro!" Rikarro. That was a familiar name - where have you heard it before and when? Then, it suddenly hit you - this was the Rikarro who cut you a deal while everything was falling apart on Tsen, the Rikarro who was one of the captains of the Respite of Tsen, only now he was much older. If it has been eighty years since you met Rikarro, then he must've been more than a hundred years old. How is he still alive?
Z0rr0w
#187307872Wednesday, April 13, 2016 10:13 PM GMT

(I think that'd be good. Do you wanna talk about this all just in OOC chats for each of our posts or put up a pad for our rough work?) I'd better not mention to this man that I know him. Wouldn't want to bring up the Respite of Tsen when time has passed that faction by. He's probably forgotten me too, like how he seems to have forgotten this language. Still, I feel a bit fuzzy on this man and how I remember him. What was that deal? Was it... was it something about destroying the Respite of Tsen? I think that was it... If I went forward in time, then I never fulfilled my end of that deal. "Listen, we've come very far," I say, forcing myself to speak slowly to make sure I'm understood, "can you give us a place to stay?"
Smough
#187308917Wednesday, April 13, 2016 10:29 PM GMT

(might be better to put up a pad so we don't flood anything. i'll send you a PM shortly with a link. if you wanna invite anybody in who you think would like to help, you can send em it too.) Rikarro looked you up and down and tried to see if he remembered. Yet he could not scrounge up any scraps of memory, so he simply shook his head. "Ehhh... yes, yes, I, eh, can help. You, eh, come from de place oba der, so take you to, ah, ah... errr... de, eh, uh, city." He waved you over towards him. "You get on de, eh, *botlak*, de ting der." Rikarro pointed at the bike. "Is bery fest." Soon after he says this, he walks over to his bike and straddles it. "Is not big for de tree! Go to oter *botlaki*!" His head turns to two other bikers and howls something to them. Their bikes also lower.
Z0rr0w
#187311197Wednesday, April 13, 2016 11:02 PM GMT

"Okay, thank you," I say, only half-understanding what Rikarro said. I nod to Giant and Catira, then walk to the bike Rikarro had pointed at, climbing onto it and taking a seat. Hopefully, the ride won't be too long or too uncomfortable.
Smough
#187314735Wednesday, April 13, 2016 11:58 PM GMT

As everyone got on, the bikes suddenly began hovering. "We go fest!" Almost without warning, the bike began speeding off with and turned towards the massive city in the distance. The wind suddenly began feeling very cold as you sped up. You could hear Catira yelp in the distance from the sudden change in speed. "So! How you get here? You not here! You more like de, eh, eh, eh, *okolo* de Tsen! Bery pale!" Rikarro yelled over the howling winds. You barely understood him.
Z0rr0w
#187374866Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:59 PM GMT

I don't think I should tell him I time-traveled. I don't think he'd believe me anyway. I don't know what to tell him at all, then. I can't say we walked all the way over here, because we're pale. I'll just not tell him at all. I stare ahead at the city in the distance, hoping Rikarro will just think I didn't hear him over the wind.
Smough
#187399476Friday, April 15, 2016 3:30 AM GMT

Rikarro shrugged as he yelled over. "Is okay if you not tell! I not need know!" Throughout the remainder of the ride - quite a short time it lasted, the speed of the bikes were impressive - Rikarro remained silent. The great statues that steadfastly watched over the great barren wasteland slipped out of view as the great ceiling held up by the sleek pillars blanketed you with a familiar shadow. The bikers slowed down at this point, keeping at a more of a steady pace that felt more like a joyride. "Welcoom hurr! To de city *Bolari*!" Rikarro pointed up to the ceiling with pride. The streets were quite clean for the most part. You could see wheel-less cars driving down. Some of the denizens who, unlike those of Tsen, were darker skinned. They looked at you and the posse of men as you flew down the streets. Most of the city looked quite like Tsen, save for the vendors bustling through to sell wares - mostly food. The action mostly consisted of rather intense haggling for prices, sometimes it was with what appeared to be a simple denizen. Other times, it seemed to be somebody was just as foreign to this city as you were. "You is go to de, uhhh... da place where de people go to do safe ting. We going to get someting to help you, uh, do tings for our, uh, uh... de... de langue?"
Z0rr0w
#187399910Friday, April 15, 2016 3:40 AM GMT

Well, this is a change from the ruined city I left. Might be a bit difficult trying to settle in here, but it's definitely better than Tsen. I wonder if my skin will darken like everyone else's. I hope so, I don't want to stick out and draw too much attention. I look towards Rikarro as he speaks, trying to make sense of what he said. He's going to help me do stuff for his something-or-other? "Um, sounds great, thanks," I say, hoping that's a fitting response to what he said. I'll just wait and see where he takes us.
qwhx
#187422371Friday, April 15, 2016 5:09 PM GMT

thomas killed z0rr0w
Smough
#187471382Saturday, April 16, 2016 6:05 AM GMT

He doesn't respond negatively, so you take that as a sign he took it as a fitting response. With a lengthy ride through the streets, you were lead through some winding tunnels. "Is not long here!" The lights that lined the tunnels and passed by you caught you in a dreamy-like state. They were rather pretty to look at, especially when going so fast. A fleeting moment it was as you were soon ushered out of it. "Dis main place!" Rikarro laughed with glee. "I not get tire from dis look! So pretty! Ha-ha-ha!" The city-scape in front of you was quite something else. Thousands of lights colored the floor with a variety of colors. Hundreds of towers reached to the pillar with strong holds to keep it from ever falling. Many winding highways filled the city - it was certainly bustling. It seemed even bigger than Tsen from the view you were elevated at. The drive through the city exposed you to many hard-working people of what's probably different backgrounds diligently twinning with their work. It all seemed to be the peak of what man would hope to achieve, the perfection that was never achieved in Tsen. Everything appeared to be in working order without flaw. The synchronization between the machinations of the city never broke by even the smallest fraction. Clearly, whatever power that held a power over this city took great pride in making sure everything was carefully put in place. It appeared down to even to the smallest details they intended to work with perfect synergy. It was quite impressive. The ride was over. All of the bikes were orderly parked in front of some sort of machine. Once everybody had been parked, Rikarro bellowed orders to the other men. In that instant the bikes simultaneously lowered til they were parked. "Let us get off, ehh..." He looks to you in confusion as he gets off. "I nebar know your, eh, uh, uh, de... name! Name, I not know it." His curiosity was quite piqued as he patiently waited for the expected answer. Conveniently as an interruption, behind you came up Catira who hugged you tightly with her icy, pale skin. You felt her quick breaths blow against your own skin as she attempted to stabilize herself. Rikarro couldn't help but chuckle slightly. "Ah-ha-ha. De girl not like de fast ting. Meby you tell me de name uh, uh, uh, *mle naa*, yis?" Two thumbs rose that searched for approval - yours in particular that is. You weren't sure what you interpreted as "molena" really even meant. Hopefully it meant something like "later" or the like.
Z0rr0w
#187501451Saturday, April 16, 2016 5:43 PM GMT

"It's T-" I say, stopping with a sudden gasp when I feel Catira run up and hug me. I slowly turned in her arms and patted her head before hugging her back. The ride here wasn't really that bad, was it? Less comfortable than my car, but no that bad. "It's Thomas," I tell Rikarro as I look up at him from Catira. Doesn't seem like a good idea to lie to possibly the only person here who can sort of speak my language. If he can barely remember our language, I doubt he remembers my name.
Smough
#187502850Saturday, April 16, 2016 6:02 PM GMT

Her grip loosens as you comfort her. The poor thing looked like she didn't enjoy going fast, not one bit. It looks like her breathing has gotten slower at least, but the shivering was still there. Rikarro looked at you with preening eyes. "Tomes? Dat name sound familer." Suddenly his helmet was filled with the same fluid that made you unable to see his face. Though it was difficult to see, you saw lights peek through. After a small bit, it drained away once more to reveal Rikarro. "De name not, uh, bery commun. De only ting ob a Tomes es jernel ting I wrote." He pointed to you in an assertive manner. "Der was bery few, err, surbibor. Only fib," he held up five fingers, "and man nem'd Tomes was only, uh, eh, unknown ting. You is nem'd Tomes. Is you name? Is you one de pleepl dat surbib Tsen be, uhhh... destroy! Dat word, is destroy. You surbib?"
Z0rr0w
#187503827Saturday, April 16, 2016 6:16 PM GMT

"Five?" I ask. There were five survivors from Tsen? So... me, Giant, Catira, and Rikarro. I don't think Kronus counts, he never lived in Tsen. Maybe that buff chef-guy from television survived. I shake my head as I leave my thoughts. "Yes, I'm the one."
Smough
#187504609Saturday, April 16, 2016 6:27 PM GMT

His preening eyes stared at you. That was the same look Rikarro gave you long ago. "You is de man. I talk to you back den. Wha' happen to you, Tomes? You disper wit'out *ollr*, no one find you." A big grin grew across his face as he removed his helmet. With his helmet off, you saw his gray hair that was long and tied into a ponytail. "And here you is now! In front of me! You is young, too! What *morgaa* is dis, ah? Am jealous!" The men look at Rikarro in bewilderment. He looked to them and spoke something. They only looked more confused now. The man chuckled as he looked back to you. "Dis world be crazy, yis? I nebar taut I see you again. You young, too, dis make me confused!"
Z0rr0w
#187505003Saturday, April 16, 2016 6:32 PM GMT

"I locked myself in a freezer for a few years," I explain. That's more believable than time-travel, isn't it? "But how are you still alive? People don't usually live for this long naturally, especially when they're city is getting destroyed."
Smough
#187509429Saturday, April 16, 2016 7:30 PM GMT

He laughs at your rather poor explanation. "Dat is bool. But I belieb it," his finger bobs as he looked at you. It seems he'll just allow it to be the explanation for now when he shifts to his own explanation, "For me, dat happen when de robot blew hole up, I escep dat way. Pleepl try to also go dat way, but dey kill. I was only escep because de robot got hit. I not know what happen to it." Then he thought a bit more on your question. "...am still alib because robot parts on me. Many robot parts. Is just a head, now!"
Z0rr0w
#187577510Sunday, April 17, 2016 5:16 PM GMT

Where'd he get all those robot parts from? Nevermind, I don't think I really want to know. What I do need to know is how I'm going to live out here. "Well, I'm sure I'll need a job to live around here. Do you know if there are any openings somewhere?"
bigolracer
#187578264Sunday, April 17, 2016 5:27 PM GMT

(Is this a private thing?)
Z0rr0w
#187578384Sunday, April 17, 2016 5:29 PM GMT

Yes.
Smough
#187629923Monday, April 18, 2016 7:09 AM GMT

His brows rose at your question. "You not see de job? Dey errywhere! De Archon nebar let man not work. You want work, you get work. But... you not know de speak of dis place. So it hard to get work for you." Rikarro taps his chin slightly as he thinks a little about your problem. He shrugs. "And no pleepl know your speak. Not many. I not know dese pleepl eider." Rikarro speaks up as he cuts himself off. "Ah, de Archon. Rude. I not tell you ob de Archon. He de one who rule dis place, all serb de Archon. No one know his face, what he look like. Pleepl say he may be many pleepl, oder say he a robot. No one know. Is bery strange. What you dink, Tomes?" Once more, he catches himself mid-sentence. "No. You not know what dink de Archon is. Am sorry."