Smough
#144113858Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:18 AM GMT

"Get her a new tongue, yeah, that's definitely what we're doing. Why would a Sentry take her tongue out though?" He sighs. "Doesn't matter. Act first, questions later." He hoists Azhieldo and carries her as two men with a gurney arrive. "Get her treated now, make sure everything's good." The two soldiers nod before running off. "Rest of you, spread out, I want every unit out there on high alert. BOL, shoot on sight of any Sentries. Send out the order now." The rest of the soldiers nod and rush off. He looks to you, pointing to you. "I also want you hunting down that Sentry. Are we clear? I want to see a destroyed Sentry." {You dare raise your sword against God himself? You shall burn in his LIGHT!}
Z0rr0w
#144114476Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:24 AM GMT

(Did I just doom myself to having to work for the filthy feds?) "You want me hunting down that camhead by myself?"
Smough
#144114819Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:28 AM GMT

(You can still use the Sentinel to your advantage, since it's not really a Sentry. There'll be something special if you manage to find the pilgrims, too.) "You wanna? I'm going to send a team of five men alongside with you to help hunt one down or be grouped with a patrol, because I'm sure as hell not letting a Sentry kill my men." {You dare raise your sword against God himself? You shall burn in his LIGHT!}
Z0rr0w
#144115266Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:34 AM GMT

"I think I'd rather hunt it down myself. Your men aren't the best," I say, beginning to take my leave.
Smough
#144115676Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:39 AM GMT

"Hell, I don't know what your idea is, but godspeed. Better go check up the armory, though, get yourself that prototype HF blade, which we've called the 'Black Iron Curse.' No idea why, but nobody's willing to test it. You wanna have a spin with it, it's there for you to grab." {You dare raise your sword against God himself? You shall burn in his LIGHT!}
Z0rr0w
#144115970Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:42 AM GMT

I stop in my tracks. "Why doesn't anybody want to test it?"
Smough
#144116151Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:45 AM GMT

He shrugged. "Beats me. For whatever reason, they just called it the 'Black Iron Curse,' so it might have to do with... whatever's up with it. I don't even know what it's like myself because I never got the chance to test it. Never even knew it was being developed. Your choice to take it." {You dare raise your sword against God himself? You shall burn in his LIGHT!}
Z0rr0w
#144116283Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:46 AM GMT

I nod, then start heading towards the armoury.
Smough
#144117287Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:57 AM GMT

As you arrive the armory, there's a variety of weapons, although the basic kind. There is one that sticks out, however. One that has a long, straight blade with a rather suspicious orange ball of some sort inside of the hilt. It was rather basic, but it still was strange due to that one burnt-orange ball alone. Otherwise, it looked like any other normal HF-Blade. {You dare raise your sword against God himself? You shall burn in his LIGHT!}
Z0rr0w
#144117581Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:00 AM GMT

Probably that Black Iron Curse the director was talking about. I take the weapon and look for a sheathe that fits it.
Smough
#144117896Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:03 AM GMT

(And I'll just say this right now, the orange "ball" is actually an eye. You'll find out where it came from, though.) There's a sheathe that works well with it that will allow you to easily unsheathe it, although it needs to be slung over the back and is a little big large. But it's the only one that works for you. {You dare raise your sword against God himself? You shall burn in his LIGHT!}
Z0rr0w
#144117989Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:04 AM GMT

(what) I'll work with it. I shove the blade inside the sheathe and hoist it over my back before heading out of the building and towards where the Sentry was prior to it breaking through the glass and ripping out a tongue.
Smough
#144118437Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:10 AM GMT

The most probable location it would've ran off to is back into the sanctuary it led you to. It seemed to be guarding that place intently and served to grant one access into the sanctuary of Father Suum and other pilgrims. But, it's your choice what you want to do with the Sentinel to begin with. The Sentinel was trying to keep your secret, but it did badly hurt a woman you were somewhat attached to. {You dare raise your sword against God himself? You shall burn in his LIGHT!}
Z0rr0w
#144118818Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:14 AM GMT

I step into my car, throw my weapon in the backseat, then begin driving to the general area of the sanctuary.
Smough
#144119275Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:20 AM GMT

Several TSF patrol units and surveillance vans are all rolling out, scanning everywhere. You drive to the general area. Surprisingly, it's the area where you wouldn't suspect a sanctuary to be, it's in the slums. Several alleys, and all you remember is the Sentinel hit that seemed like a dead-end. Perhaps you could do the same? {You dare raise your sword against God himself? You shall burn in his LIGHT!}
Z0rr0w
#144196556Friday, August 22, 2014 2:37 AM GMT

I grab my new weapon and sling it over my back before stepping out of the car and heading towards where the dead-end was, glancing behind me to make sure I'm not being followed.
Smough
#144203460Friday, August 22, 2014 4:18 AM GMT

Nobody was following you. However, as you enter the dead end with nobody there and check behind you, a person stands there, leaned against the wall. He bears a long coat, his arms crossed. A hat sits atop his head and a mask over his face. A silver, old man mask. "What have we here?" He speaks up, knowing you're there. He didn't exactly have a native accent and you couldn't exactly understand it. A black, empty sheathe hangs from the left of his hip. {You dare raise your sword against God himself? You shall burn in his LIGHT!}
Z0rr0w
#144248784Friday, August 22, 2014 8:10 PM GMT

(Marvelous Chester, is that you?) "None of your business," I say, moving a hand to the hilt of my sword. Though his sheathe is empty, I don't feel very safe around him. He seems to be an unfriendly sort.
Smough
#144252513Friday, August 22, 2014 8:44 PM GMT

(as if he wasn't shady enough. albeit, no tophat.) The man chuckled. The mask was a silver, dull luster. "Of course, always jumping to conclusions. How strange, considering I pose no immediate threat," he gets off of the wall, though his arms are still crossed, "however, that delusional fool covets something he shan't covet. I don't expect you to know what he covets, though." He cants his head down a little and tilts it to the left. "You people are an odd lot. Blindly following without asking a thing about what their goal is." {You dare raise your sword against God himself? You shall burn in his LIGHT!}
Z0rr0w
#144253900Friday, August 22, 2014 9:00 PM GMT

"The goals of other people aren't in my interest. I'm all that matters," I state as I wait for the man to walk off.
Smough
#144254936Friday, August 22, 2014 9:11 PM GMT

The man doesn't seem to be afraid of you, not an iota. "Really? Then for what reason are you helping on finding some people who may not even exist. Even if you do find them, what is it you expect?" He chuckles once more. "Ah, but where are my manners? The name is Sordide Pécheur. Enchanté, friend." {You dare raise your sword against God himself? You shall burn in his LIGHT!}
Z0rr0w
#144255308Friday, August 22, 2014 9:16 PM GMT

"I expect some reward that will benefit my interests," I say, not bothering to introduce myself to this person who calls me "friend." Who does he think he is?
Smough
#144256096Friday, August 22, 2014 9:26 PM GMT

"Si négatif. There's a line between expecting and blindly following. But, if you are so intent on moving forward to a purpose that only benefits him, so be it." He raises his head. "I do have one thing to ask of you, though. That blade you hold... quite the specimen. Where did you get it from?" {You dare raise your sword against God himself? You shall burn in his LIGHT!}
Z0rr0w
#144256967Friday, August 22, 2014 9:36 PM GMT

"I found it in a dustbin in some alley," I say, "perhaps you'll get an actual answer if you help me with something."
Smough
#144406690Sunday, August 24, 2014 4:14 PM GMT

"Give me a good reason why I should help you and not simply waft you away. After all, I bar you from entering your... 'sanctuary', I believe as they call it. Wouldn't it be a shame for you to be cheated out of something when you could have gotten so much more?" {You dare raise your sword against God himself? You shall burn in his LIGHT!}