Z0rr0w
#164696005Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:28 PM GMT

(You could've at least given me a chance to perform the finishing blow on the thing I spent several posts fighting instead of having my sense of agency being stricken away.) I thought sending Giant back home would mean Catira would be safe. Apparently not. Giant's probably gone too, then. Gone, or at least, unconscious right now. I can't rely on his help, I can't rely on anyone's help really. I tightened my grip on my blade, but resisted the urge to immediately swing it in the general direction of the robot. If I killed it right now, I'd have no chance of finding out where Catira is. Hell, knowing my luck, he'd probably reveal himself to be the Unkillable Messiah or something if I tried to swing at him. Seems like everything is based on my terrible luck nowadays. I closed my eyes to avoid having to look at Catira. "Where is she?" I ask, keeping my eyes closed and my hand wrapped around the hilt of my sword. (Also, I know it's probably way too late for this, but is there any chance you could change the combat system somehow, or make combat encounters shorter? I've always hated luck/dice-based combat in ISRPs.)
inf3rnalized
#164696913Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:37 PM GMT

LOLOLOL!!!  
Smough
#164697114Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:39 PM GMT

(If you have any suggestions, shoot.) It shook its head. "You're asking questions that I find stupid. Humans have always been stupid." The robot shuts off the video feed. "Your home. Go ahead -- make a worthless attempt to save somebody. You're saving nobody, Thomas. She'll just try to kill you." i run a restaraunt full of kids with down's syndrome and other mental disabilities.
inf3rnalized
#164697376Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:43 PM GMT

hei  
Z0rr0w
#164699027Tuesday, June 16, 2015 11:01 PM GMT

I debated, for a moment, about whether or not I should kill this thing, which may or may not be the Black Golem, right now. I have no idea what those things attached to Catira are though. For all I know, they could be slowly killing her. If that's the case, I don't have time to waste around here. "We'll see," I say, walking past the robot, "I'll be back for you." Sheathing my weapon, I started to head back to the house I shared with Catira. (Well, strictly action-based combat wouldn't work very well, since this is all done in text. So I was thinking a more strategic combat system. Basically, instead of items, abilities, and magic being just buffs or stat boosts, they serve a specific purpose. I'd have several different spells or items that are used to either evade attacks or give me an advantage when attacking. But, one item or ability wouldn't boost defense or attack rolls against absolutely everything, as it does now. Think more of a rock-paper-scissor system. For example, the Haste spell could counter enemies that attack in a wild and quick manner, but would be useless against an enemy with a massive weapon and a far reach. A spell that creates a temporary shield would be useful against stopping a single, powerful attack, but useless against a flurry of strikes. A grappling-hook item would be helpful at climbing up large bosses, but not much else. And so on and so forth. Instead of combat being determined by how RNGesus feels that day, it'd be determined by the way I use whatever items and spells are at my disposal. All items and spells would have a cooldown of some sort so I can't just spam them, meaning I have to wait a few turns to use them again. This creates another problem though, which is how you determine the outcome of actions that aren't caused by the use of an item or ability. You'd have to use logic to determine that, instead of relying on dice. But, relying on guessing who'd win to solve combat situations where items and abilities are on cooldown isn't very interesting. So, for each fight, you could have parts of the environment I can manipulate to help in the fight, and you could have specific weak points on each boss that I can attack to weaken it and give me a better chance in the logic-situations. I would have to strategise with how I want to use whatever items I have in a way that gives me an advantage during logic-situations, where all my abilities are on cooldown. This is just a suggestion though. If you don't like it, I think I'll survive with the d20 rolls. If you do like it, however, you'd have to wait until later to implement it. You'd have to bring up some kind of plot point where I end up with a decent array of items and abilities I can use to get started. And later on, my arsenal could be expanded.)
inf3rnalized
#164701203Tuesday, June 16, 2015 11:23 PM GMT

Hi!  
Smough
#164705433Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:09 AM GMT

(Interesting. I'll tweak some parts of the idea, but I think I'll implement it.) It once more chuckled. "We'll see about that, Thomas." It walks away, cloaking as it gets far enough away from you. You arrive at the house. The entire foyer was in shambles. Giant was still nowhere to be seen -- however, you did see the corpse of the Heide Lord as he was when you fought him the first time. Good riddance. After wandering, you arrive at a grand hallway. Several marble pillars lead up to the end of the hall. A red carped embroidered with gold leads up to a stairway to a throne. Behind the throne were three glass-stained windows, the right being blue, the left being red. The middle was purple with a diamond. A brilliant golden light shone into the entire place. You never knew this room existed, but of course there's a lot about the house you don't know about. But that was not a concern. Not now. A figure clad in ivory and gold armor rose from the throne. They bore a silver mask with the likeness of a feminine face and a crown of thorns. Their cape was white and gold with a velvet underside. They reached to their sheathe and pulled out a sword with a silver, pristine blade and a golden hilt. At the center of the blade was a marble face similar to that of the silver mask the figure wore. It spoke with demand, pointing to you. "Who dares trespass to the throne room of I, God King Talla?" i run a restaraunt full of kids with down's syndrome and other mental disabilities.
inf3rnalized
#164705977Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:15 AM GMT

Whats popping  
inf3rnalized
#164707293Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:29 AM GMT

Hey there my man  
Z0rr0w
#164768048Wednesday, June 17, 2015 7:08 PM GMT

"It's me, Catira, your friend Thomas," I say. Yes, her friend. I'll probably always just be a friend. Oh well, I'm sure I can live with that. I was thankful in my mind that Catira was wearing armour, so I couldn't see her disfigured body. "I know what happened. Please, let me help you."
Smough
#164768953Wednesday, June 17, 2015 7:19 PM GMT

Talla lowered his sword. Though it did recognize the name and who he really was, he did not recognize you. "...Who are you? No matter. You must have hurt Lady Valor badly. I cannot let you live -- not with you knowing who I am." The God King descended the stairs, hold his sword out to the side. "You do not deserve to die by my hand. But I will grant you the honor of a death by a God King's hand. Say your last, traitor, I will hear them." i run a restaraunt full of kids with down's syndrome and other mental disabilities.
inf3rnalized
#164774163Wednesday, June 17, 2015 8:19 PM GMT

Dog how are ya  
inf3rnalized
#164777548Wednesday, June 17, 2015 8:54 PM GMT

Hello  
Z0rr0w
#164856838Thursday, June 18, 2015 7:19 PM GMT

"You don't even remember who you are, do you?" I ask Catira, keeping my sword sheathed to show I have no intentions of fighting, "do you know how you've ended up in this house?"
Smough
#164875054Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:19 PM GMT

"I know who I am," he replied tersely, "I am Talla, the God King of this land. Yet you refuse to kneel before me. You even dare utter my name. This is my palace, my throne room. You stand in the presence of unparalleled holiness." A familiar voice comes from behind. "I forgot how pretentious and how high-and-mighty she used to be." Looking back, it was the woman who provided you several weapons, Nikita. "Talking isn't going to help. Whatever happened to her, she must have been put into some sort of delusion." She unslings her polearm from her back. "Only way I know of breaking them out of it is knocking them out or killing them. And I think we're both in agreement that the former is better to do. She's got a lot ahead of her still." The king huffed at seeing Nikita at your side. "Nikita? You'd betray me!? For this boy!? Heresy! Treason! I will have your heads!" i run a restaraunt full of kids with down's syndrome and other mental disabilities.
Z0rr0w
#164876247Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:32 PM GMT

"You're sure fighting her is the only way?" I ask Nikita, "I can't say I'm too fond of that."
Smough
#164877790Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:48 PM GMT

She looks to you, shrugging. "I don't know. Maybe? In my experience, though, that's how I usually did it." i run a restaraunt full of kids with down's syndrome and other mental disabilities.
Z0rr0w
#164881978Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:36 PM GMT

"You've done this kind of thing before?"
Smough
#164882849Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:46 PM GMT

"I haven't brainwashed somebody before, but if you mean beating somebody to their senses? Yes. I have. Why do you ask?" i run a restaraunt full of kids with down's syndrome and other mental disabilities.
iPhoneWithMuscles
#164886802Friday, June 19, 2015 12:31 AM GMT

im finna cop the newest jordans  
Z0rr0w
#164889159Friday, June 19, 2015 12:54 AM GMT

"No reason. I'm sure trying to talk her through it will be just fine," I say, stepping forward towards Catira. "Catira, let's just talk. Please, put the sword down."
Smough
#164891291Friday, June 19, 2015 1:17 AM GMT

(This will be the last RNG based fight.) (Attack Roll: 10) Talla leaped into the air before rocketing down towards you, sword-first. Nikita backstepped away from the corrupted Catira. "No, it won't." She simply replied. God King Talla - 25 Health ------------------------------------------------------ You - 6 Health (**Aid of Raloch** active) Nikita - 15 Health i run a restaraunt full of kids with down's syndrome and other mental disabilities.
Z0rr0w
#164928228Friday, June 19, 2015 12:35 PM GMT

I tried to sidestep away from Catira while drawing my blade, moving forward and swinging at her armoured head. Attack roll of 12 Defense roll of 14
Smough
#164928866Friday, June 19, 2015 12:52 PM GMT

((Talla) Defense Roll: 4) ((Nikita) Attack Roll: 20) ((Talla) Defense Roll: 19) Talla growled as he was struck in the head. "And you dare strike --" Talla was promptly interrupted by Nikita whipping her polearm straight into the king's side, causing her to roll into the floor. "Oh, shut up. Get over yourself." The God King quickly got to his feet. He was done talking and was going to focus on hitting you hard. The king knelt with his sword high into the air before impaling it into the ground. A giant golden wave of light followed. ((Talla) Attack Roll: 6) ((Nikita) Defense Roll: 10) God King Talla - 22 Health ------------------------------------------------------ You - 6 Health (Heal in 2 Turns) Nikita - 15 Health i run a restaraunt full of kids with down's syndrome and other mental disabilities.
Z0rr0w
#164963450Friday, June 19, 2015 9:08 PM GMT

I leapt out of the way of the wave of light, shortly before running towards Catira and slashing at her side. Attack roll of 1 Defense roll of 19