of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

GodJesusHolySpirit
#133122030Friday, May 09, 2014 1:23 AM GMT

For this suggestion we must look towards an importance in our EVERYDAY lives that we draw from, the essence of our Father. ROBLOX should have items that relate to all 3 Abraham religions - from simple items such as a yamaka or a burqa to gear that could include the staff of the Shepard, Holy Bread. I establish my first amendment rights in this post, thus sending me from any persecution by the moderators: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. Deletion of these aforementioned suggestions is in violation of the constitution and I will contact my lawyer if need be.
silentslayer7
#133122243Friday, May 09, 2014 1:25 AM GMT

not everybody lives in america so they can still get rid of this
GodJesusHolySpirit
#133122535Friday, May 09, 2014 1:28 AM GMT

Roblox was created in Silicon Valley, in the United States of America. Therefore silentswish8 you are incorrect, since base of location is where I draw my warrants - the UNITED states of AMERICA.
silentslayer7
#133122900Friday, May 09, 2014 1:31 AM GMT

there are still robloxians that dont live in the USA
Espithel
#133122970Friday, May 09, 2014 1:32 AM GMT

I would call this a troll, but the thread is too well written for a troll. If it is a troll, it's a 2011-grade one, which deserves as much respect as hatred. As for the suggestion though, making a ton of items that are strictly religious is a very good way to cause controversy and is thus a very good way to make parts of the community angry. You forgot about hinduism. You forgot about shintoism. You forgot about confucism. And, roblox isn't congress, and the admendments mean next to nothing. (Cough NSA cough.)
GodJesusHolySpirit
#133123100Friday, May 09, 2014 1:33 AM GMT

ROBLOX is headquartered in the USA thus ROBLOX will operate like a corporation located in the USA and shall abide their constitutional bounds. Other people from around the world may play ROBLOX but they do not work for ROBLOX.
silentslayer7
#133123214Friday, May 09, 2014 1:34 AM GMT

btw i realize that this is an alt and you only posted it on this account because you knew it would get deleted
GodJesusHolySpirit
#133123260Friday, May 09, 2014 1:34 AM GMT

Espithel. I understand that my suggestion was too exclusive. It would be culturally beneficial to honor every religion, I suppose. Furthermore - Corporate personhood is the legal concept that a corporation may be recognized as an individual in the eyes of the law. This doctrine forms the basis for legal recognition that corporations, as groups of people, may hold and exercise certain rights under the common law and the U.S. Constitution.
Espithel
#133123795Friday, May 09, 2014 1:39 AM GMT

Okay, so we'll enjoy ALL the cultures. You forgot about satanism. And solipsism. And some obscure african culture somewhere. And Taoism. And the church of the flying spagetti monster. "And, roblox isn't congress, and the admendments mean next to nothing. (Cough NSA cough.)"
GodJesusHolySpirit
#133124164Friday, May 09, 2014 1:42 AM GMT

Solipsism is a philosophical idea. It is strict to the INDIVIDUAL. Satanism is a broad term referring to a group of social movements comprising diverse ideological and philosophical beliefs. It was estimated that there were 50,000 Satanists in 1990. Obscure African culture, once again not many people involved. "Taoism, or Daoism, is a philosophical, ethical, and religious tradition of Chinese origin that emphasizes living in harmony" - wikipidia. Why is this mutually exclusive? Even then, these are small demographics that are unnecessary to appeal to. You are not educated on what you are arguing so I suggest you read more and then return.
Espithel
#133124747Friday, May 09, 2014 1:48 AM GMT

They are small demographics, but they exist. My point still stands. There are hundreds of obscure religions and thousands of obscure neologisms of religions. We can't tend to them all, but they exist, and they would get pretty peeved if they were left out. "And, roblox isn't congress, and the admendments mean next to nothing. (Cough NSA cough.)"
Espithel
#133124937Friday, May 09, 2014 1:49 AM GMT

Just because, say, hinduism is well known, does not mean that they deserve more than those that are not as well known. Because then you get into the problems of bias. And it's better to show absolutely no bias than trying to be unbiased and appease everyone.
GodJesusHolySpirit
#133125143Friday, May 09, 2014 1:51 AM GMT

Every religion I say, and reflect on within reasonable bounds. ROBLOX has no obligation to these "hundreds of obscure religions and thousands of obscure neologisms of religions." You could say then they don't owe the large religions either, but it's dependent on size and impact. No small religion is going to be offended because some kids game didn't have clothing representative of them. AS a matter of FACT, many religions are small because they want to be, because they are EXCLUSIVE.
supahdude51
#133125159Friday, May 09, 2014 1:51 AM GMT

religious flamewar in 3...2...1...
GodJesusHolySpirit
#133125593Friday, May 09, 2014 1:54 AM GMT

Supahdude51. This is a sophisticated conversation and you have failed to add anything valuable to it. Please, spend some time garnering an education for your own sake so that you can be valuable to the forums for once instead of saying, "LOL flame WAR!!!!!"
Espithel
#133125689Friday, May 09, 2014 1:55 AM GMT

And how do you know? It's better to not have ANY religious item, WITH PURE SYMBOLISM AS THAT RELIGION, then to have a few and miss out the small hundred that exist, (that are far more interesting than the normal 100 I'll add, and deserve more attention simply because they're more interesting) and cause, as supahdude just said, a religious flamewar. Groups are contained, and they are allowed to practice religion, but not on the forums where anyone can say anything. Religious items already in the catalogue has symbolism elsewhere. What you're asking for does not. "Deletion of these aforementioned suggestions is in violation of the constitution and I will contact my lawyer if need be." And your lawyer will care about a kids game because? Hmm? .-.
GodJesusHolySpirit
#133126509Friday, May 09, 2014 2:02 AM GMT

Lawyer's care about the constitution, not kid's games. If the constitution is being violated, they will do what they can to uphold it. That is a fundamental principle of being a lawyer. Overall, we should wrap this up. I see how you say that, "It's better to not have ANY religious item". In the end this would require an analysis of other websites that implemented my suggestions and to see what impact that led to, satisfaction, dissatisfaction, etc.
XenonLi
#133128019Friday, May 09, 2014 2:18 AM GMT

lol let's add burger boy instead of this
XenonLi
#133128379Friday, May 09, 2014 2:21 AM GMT

Also, the constitution states that CONGRESS cannot violate your free speech (rights?). This equates to the government. ROBLOX isn't the government and is allowed to take away free speech just fine. Besides, it's their website.
GodJesusHolySpirit
#133128381Friday, May 09, 2014 2:21 AM GMT

Well sure. I have no problem with that.
XenonLi
#133128442Friday, May 09, 2014 2:22 AM GMT

lolll i ninja'd you soooo hard bwahahahaha lol snicker
GodJesusHolySpirit
#133128489Friday, May 09, 2014 2:22 AM GMT

Also Tery, Corporate personhood as I stated above, is the legal concept that a corporation may be recognized as an individual in the eyes of the law. This means that the corporation then is PROTECTED and BOUND by the constitution.
GodJesusHolySpirit
#133128565Friday, May 09, 2014 2:23 AM GMT

Yeah, great timing on my part huh.
XenonLi
#133129281Friday, May 09, 2014 2:31 AM GMT

also: how are items, gear, hats etc. relevant to the modern day? Burga Boi & related burger corporations dominate the lives of the middle(/lower?) class american population.
GodJesusHolySpirit
#133130040Friday, May 09, 2014 2:39 AM GMT

You mean religiously associated items, hats, gear, etc? Well these religions are being more frequently practiced in a modern context, for one.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right