chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2   

spacegang
#134789147Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:49 AM GMT

superdestructo09 wrote this, it shows how unnecessary price floors are: "Wrong, wrong, WRONG. "To everyone who thinks Roblox did this to make money, you have no idea how flawed your logic is." This is one of the only things that I'll agree with. The main reason they made this update is because they are terrible economists who do not know how to fix the exchange rates. "The ROBLOX account does not need tickets and robux. It sells millions of hats. This also has nothing to do with actual, tangible dollars and cents." This has nothing to do with ID 1, but you're right again with your second point. "Roblox Corp. can't turn a profit by selling things for a virtual, made up currency, so it's ridiculous anyone would even suppose this." >price something for R$ >person buys R$ from ROBLOX for real money to buy item >??? >profit ... Price floors are limits set by the governing body (this case being ROBLOX) on how low you can price certain items. More on Price Floors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjXwvQz7f2o On this game, the recently installed price floor has been set at 10 R$, 100 TIX per clothing (shirts, pants). The main reason ROBLOX did this was so they could save the Trade Currency exchange rates, because they screwed them over by allowing ads to be posted and invested in with R$. The main reason people are protesting this is because it is unnecessary. ROBLOX's main selling point for the price floor is "which would you rather pay; 10 R$ or 100 TIX?" to which you would naturally say "100 TIX" because at these exchange rates, 100 TIX is cheaper than 10 R$. But then ask, which would you rather pay; 1 ROBUCK or 1 TICKET, to which you would again reply with TIX, because TIX are worth less than R$. So how do low prices keep you from converting R$ to TIX, the goal of price floors? And most clothing producers I've come across complain that they cannot sell clothes to people or have stopped making clothes altogether. To quote Tingletron2000 earlier..., "You know how I cope with the price floor update? I never buy clothes." What is the point in creating clothing if people are not willing to buy it because of stupidly high price restrictions? And clans run on the principle of buying uniforms so you can tell who's who on the battlefield. If users cannot buy clothes because of the price floor, how are they supposed to fight if they don't know who's on their side? Are you telling me you want them to be neglected even more than they already are? You, whom I quote, "goes to training with the groups I was is." Price floors are unnecessary, and this... isn't helping its case." it is from another thread
GalaxySupernova
#134790472Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:06 AM GMT

tbh some of you guys are overestimating the "ROBLOX Economy" it's nowhere near as complicated as the real thing lol @Data I'm not challenging your disapproval of this suggestion but you seem to imply that you like the price floors. If you are in favor of the price floors, that's respectable, but perhaps you can provide us with some reason(s) that it has improved the user made clothing market? O r if you're not, you can just ignore this :P
spacegang
#134792125Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:25 AM GMT

flerp bump
DataStore
#134811507Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:03 AM GMT

@Galaxy, Personally, I have no quarrel with the price floor update as I understand, and accept, the motives behind it. All of which are sound, but can be quite arguable among people. The price floor was primarily introduced, as you probably know, to allow for clothing creators to make money equivalent of game developers on the site. This was done due to ROBLOX realising that everyone should be able to compete with game developers, in terms of profit, and that people were being constrained by the current system in place, aswell as those involved. The main issue, besides that in the paragraph before, which prompted the price floor to be increased, was those who were making clothing for fun. Due to these people doing it for fun, they never really charged anything, meaning they didn't get much back in the first place. Whilst yes it's their choice, it did affect the sales of other clothing creators or at least it's arguable to assume that. Think of it this way, would you rather buy a shirt for 2 Tix, or buy a shirt which may be original (not copied) and looks better? The general ROBLOXian would go for the former, rather than the latter as, by nature, ROBLOXians wish to keep as much of their money as they can. This meant that a lot of the other producers, who were selling for more, forced their prices down to compete - which they made a decent profit on, but it could still be far greater if they could sell at the high price they wanted to. With the change being made, resulting in what it is now, clothing creators are able to make an income the equivalent of a game developer - if they put effort into it. Whilst you could argue that it has decreased the profit people make, I disagree. This is on the basis that if you sold a shirt for 10 Tix, you would receive 7 Tix after tax. This means that in order to make 70 Tix, you need to sell ten shirts. Now, with the new price floor, one sale of 100 Tix is equal to 70 Tix after tax. Meaning that whilst demand has dropped for their product, they are still making more overall, without the need for an astronomical amount of sales. I would argue more, for the price floor, but at this point this post is becoming an essay - which I'm sure people will pick apart.
spacegang
#134814991Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:46 PM GMT

*noob joins roblox *gets 100 tix noob: oh boy a muscle shirt! "MUSCLE SHIRT (80K+ SALES, FRIEND ME!)" *buys shirt *other shirts stay unpopular since the muscle shirt is the first thing they see shirt dev: why do they want us to make more money? admin: because we want you to (and secretly make more people buy BC)
Espithel
#134815035Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:48 PM GMT

And how do you know that's what's happening, space? They have to save up for TEN. DAYS. I think that's more than enough time to make them realise that 100 tix is a lot...
Mjgaga
#134815098Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:50 PM GMT

Again, DataStore goes around just No Supporting every idea. get out seriously
spacegang
#134815174Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:53 PM GMT

Kids will buy most things that appeal to them in a way, like a Pewdiepie hoodie, or anything else really. The problem is, due to the new AssetID glitch, people can identically copy shirts. [in my inventory, i copied the old and original assassin shirt or whatever] Shirts with low quality will no longer be distinguishable, as FAMOUS shirt devs can use THEIR famous (copied) shirt to advertise THEIR copied shirt, as a result, people on the front page have literally acquired a monopoly of the shirt industry. Sure, all sales don't go to them, I have some shirts that are selling well. But when people identically copy stuff, the community can't decide which is real. Most of you guys think this rewards shirt devs. Wrong. I personally think this is a contraption to make users buy BC, but they told the community in the wrong way.
spacegang
#134815263Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:56 PM GMT

@espithel When I was ten years old, I bought so many copied shirts, unknowingly. You're saying that kids are realizing that tix is more valuable. I would have just thought it was overpriced, the price floor is unnecessary, like I said, a gimmick to get users to buy BC.
lottery248
#134815426Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:02 PM GMT

price floor should be removed completely. reason 1: BC didn't get reward. because of the price floor, the cheap things before but now ar extremely expensive, people cannot afford it, then they won't get reward. reason 2: didn't think about the overseas. the people who from overseas normally cannot use their own local credit card to get the BC or robux, then they will be suffered on a low level. reason 3: ruining their earnings with clothing. according to reason 1, i have explained that clothing creator cannot sell a lot because of price floor affecting, no one but that with a bad price. reason 4: a stupid update. who cannot even afford it and they will be face palm to roblox and dislike to them.
spacegang
#134815440Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:03 PM GMT

@lottery 100%
Espithel
#134815473Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:05 PM GMT

At least, they won't just go OMG MUSCLE SHIRT, they'll BROWSE. I'm sure you've played a really well balanced RPG where you have to make really hard decision. It's like that, because you are going to regret screwing up and waiting another 10 days. Sure, in the end, it's to make them buy BC (Robux actually but oh well), but there are other benefits that were intended to be implemented with the price floor, such as catalogue quality and clothing purchases being worth more. Whether that actually works is irrelivent- that's the intention and they work in theory.
spacegang
#134815541Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:08 PM GMT

"At least, they won't just go OMG MUSCLE SHIRT, they'll BROWSE." Then tell me why is it still on the front page? "I'm sure you've played a really well balanced RPG where you have to make really hard decision. It's like that, because you are going to regret screwing up and waiting another 10 days." Then why do people wear it? "Sure, in the end, it's to make them buy BC (Robux actually but oh well), but there are other benefits that were intended to be implemented with the price floor, such as catalogue quality and clothing purchases being worth more." Why do I smell copied shirt? "Whether that actually works is irrelivent- that's the intention and they work in theory." *Irrelevant. And no, it doesn't work.
DataStore
#134815622Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:12 PM GMT

@Mjgaga, Actually, I don't go around "no supporting" every idea. Just the ones which have several flaws to them, and those which I don't agree with. Contrary to popular belief, I am allowed an opinion and I'm allowed to share it - just like you do on a daily basis. I can be wherever I wish to be.
Espithel
#134815628Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:12 PM GMT

"Then tell me why is it still on the front page?" The front page of the catalogue is designed to show people what other people are buying. Because they'll buy good stuff... right? "Then why do people wear it?" Because they decided that that's what they want. I mean, 8 months is not a lot in terms of members. How do we know that people who have said muscle shirts are post-price floor? "Why do I smell copied shirt?" In theory, the price floor would stop copied shirts because you can't sell them for a lower price. And thank you for teh correction.
DataStore
#134815894Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:24 PM GMT

@Lottery, Incorrect, to a degree. 1) People can afford it, as shown by ROBLOX publishing figures suggesting that clothing creators are making more. If you're referring to BC members being worse off, I disagree again on the basis of their daily stipend. If BC members trade their daily stipend to Tix, they can buy two pieces of clothing a day, or in the case of OBC - 10 pieces of a clothing. 2) Incorrect, to a degree. ROBLOX accepts all major cards on this site, including debit cards (despite stating credit card). They also allow for the use of PayPal, among others. In my mind, very few people are held back as the majority hold a card from a major vendor/issued from a major vendor, all of which have a GLOBAL presence. 3) Incorrect. Any shortfall created by the rise in price is supplemented by the increase in price. Whilst relative demand has dropped, clothing creators need only to sell one piece of clothing to make the equivalent of ten sales using the old price floor, if they sold it for 10 Tix. 4) Not really a valid reasons, and is just your view - which everyone doesn't share.
lottery248
#134816031Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:30 PM GMT

data, so how about if NBC leave roblox forever because of those stupid update like price floor? roblox will be desliked. however, my parents only have the Union Pay credit card, i can afford but there is a lack of that method, cuz I live in Hong Kong.
DataStore
#134816120Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:33 PM GMT

@Lottery, If a small margin of NBC leave ROBLOX it makes no difference to ROBLOX. They make no actual contribution to ROBLOX and only serve the purpose of advertisement. No matter how many people leave, who are NBC, there will always be more who are drawn in. Also, in regards to Unionpay credit cards... Most newly issued cards are associated with VISA, Mastercard or American Express so as to be used in other countries. If the card has the VISA symbol (or any of the others I have mentioned), then you can indeed use it for ROBLOX.
lottery248
#134816258Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:38 PM GMT

so how about a major number of NBC leave, and they tell that "roblox is a stupid game"(may include reasons)? if it does, how roblox will be? data, think twice. stupid update will just make roblox less people to play.
DataStore
#134816371Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:43 PM GMT

Doesn't really matter. Whilst NBC may leave in droves, ROBLOX still retains the vast amount of BC players. As I've said, it really makes no difference to ROBLOX if NBC leave or not.
Espithel
#134816412Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:44 PM GMT

How much is a major number of NBCers, Lottery? FAR, FAR MORE than how many left because of the price floor.
lottery248
#134816436Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:45 PM GMT

so how about BC or upper level player agree that "roblox is a stupid game"... ─╔═╗───────────────╔╗ ─║╔╝───────────────║║ ╔╝╚╦══╦══╦══╗╔══╦══╣║╔╗╔╗ ╚╗╔╣╔╗║╔═╣║═╣║╔╗║╔╗║║║╚╝║ ─║║║╔╗║╚═╣║═╣║╚╝║╔╗║╚╣║║║ ─╚╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╝║╔═╩╝╚╩═╩╩╩╝ ─────────────║║ ─────────────╚╝.
Alton3144
#134816849Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:00 PM GMT

support.
spacegang
#134835775Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:29 PM GMT

another bump
lottery248
#134848231Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:59 PM GMT

Bump

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2