of     1   

TheCurrencyExchange
#135579172Saturday, May 31, 2014 4:39 AM GMT

TL:DR: Add a setting to make characters run on the server rather than the client. With the new FilteringEnabled update anti-exploit took a step forward. In places with it enabled, the client became unable to modify anything on the server. If a new script exploit opens, since they only have control of their client they will be unable to do any real damage to servers with the setting enabled or corrupt datastores. But we still have the issue that the client controls it's character. I've done experiments in Studio and even with Filtering it is possible to modify your walkspeed, give yourself tools and teleport. To prevent the next script exploit from modifying characters, I want a new setting. "CharacterRunsOnServer" When true, well... characters would run on the server! The only thing the client would be able to do with FilteringEnabled and CharacterRunsOnServer both enabled is give keystrokes, read server values and render. The input would be sent to the server and all processing would be done there. This would mean less lag and (hopefully) no exploitable holes meaning ROBLOX could spend less/no time patching and more time developing updates.
padam11
#135582579Saturday, May 31, 2014 5:38 AM GMT

I'm still surprised no one even replied to this People are too busy feeding the trolls and supporting every petition and complaint thread But still support \ It's no surprise that ice cream cones are yummy as can be, or bacon double cheeseburgers, no one will disagree / PДDДM11 / http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=87531134
Elttob
#135592635Saturday, May 31, 2014 10:27 AM GMT

Full support. Did I say, Full support? Just one second, I think I'm going to vom.. Full support!Full support!Full support!Full support!Full support!Full support!Full support!Full support!Full support!Full support!Full support! Ahh.. much better.
NULL1FY
#135595748Saturday, May 31, 2014 12:10 PM GMT

But if the player's internet was bad, other than his character moving and other players not, his character would not move and the other players wont move either, which gives the illusion that ROBLOX has crashed. In other words, we wont have to worry about computer lag, but the Internet connection as well. I also believe that this would eat up more bandwidth (amount of GB on a modem/router) than ROBLOX does now... Hmm.
XenonLi
#135596700Saturday, May 31, 2014 12:36 PM GMT

Support. I don't like speedhax guests getting away with things.
DataStore
#135596932Saturday, May 31, 2014 12:41 PM GMT

I agree with VFX. If there's any kind of latency, animations and movement will be slow and other players will stop moving, or again go extremely slow. Due to this it's unrealistic to add to ROBLOX as it causes more issues than it solves. 1) If you want to stop someone "speedhacking" you can check their framerate. 2) If you want to stop someone giving themselves tools, you can create a script that does that. 3) If you don't want them to be able to teleport, you can compare their old position with their new position. If it's greater than X amount of studs, kick them.
NULL1FY
#135597620Saturday, May 31, 2014 12:56 PM GMT

OMG FAMUSS PERSIN AGREES WIF MEH! PARTYYYYYY
DataStore
#135604053Saturday, May 31, 2014 2:37 PM GMT

@VFX, I'm not famous by any stretch of the imagination.

of     1