of     1   

TheZombieTryhard
#135716093Sunday, June 01, 2014 6:05 PM GMT

Is infinite tsukoyomi really THAT bad of an peace mechanism? Everyone seems so happy in their dreams, and (to a point) Madara's concept of "true peace" is true, even though its a euphoric illusion.
GreyBoba
#135719076Sunday, June 01, 2014 6:37 PM GMT

Batman wins.
Sonicjr723
#135724519Sunday, June 01, 2014 7:34 PM GMT

Just reread all of the Talk no Jutsus regarding this topic. Or just read this. 1. A utopia is never as perfect as one would hope. 2. A fabricated form of peace is still fabricated. Obviously the characters realize that the dream world that they know is pleasing is not reality. It is merely a genjutsu rather than the real world. Naruto said it perfectly. A world such as that is simply a lie. Read the novel 'Anthem'. Not exactly the same concept but it does involve a dystopian society.
TheZombieTryhard
#135744914Sunday, June 01, 2014 11:13 PM GMT

@sonic I agree with most of what you said, but I personally think that the Infinite Tsukuyomi would work out better than the regular Shinobi World continuing as usual. It's like Nagato said; as long as the ninjas kill people (which has always been shown through each arc, even throughout the filler arcs) death will lead to vengeance, and the cycle continues. The Tsukuyomi is a false sense of peace though, just like Nagato's plan to use the Bijuu as a weapon to prevent the villages from going into war. I'm interested to see if the plan continues or not though, considering the plot twist at the end of chapter 678.
AznIsBack
#135753027Monday, June 02, 2014 12:42 AM GMT

Batman wins. [2]
Sonicjr723
#135756812Monday, June 02, 2014 1:24 AM GMT

"I agree with most of what you said, but I personally think that the Infinite Tsukuyomi would work out better than the regular Shinobi World continuing as usual. It's like Nagato said; as long as the ninjas kill people (which has always been shown through each arc, even throughout the filler arcs) death will lead to vengeance, and the cycle continues. The Tsukuyomi is a false sense of peace though, just like Nagato's plan to use the Bijuu as a weapon to prevent the villages from going into war." Well, to quote Joe Budden: "Do you want a pretty lie or the ugly truth?" "I'm interested to see if the plan continues or not though, considering the plot twist at the end of chapter 678." I don't anticipate the chapters as much since Kishi's writing skills change inconsistently. I am eager to see how things will come to a close somewhat, I suppose. Naruto is one of my favorite series.
The13thHippie
#135790413Monday, June 02, 2014 1:03 PM GMT

First off, spoilers for those not yet caught up with the Manga. Second, watch the Matrix, it answers your question. -Common Sense: Use it.

of     1