Maccks
#139498243Monday, July 07, 2014 4:14 AM GMT

Support. After reading this whole thing, "In the past they've went left, when they should've went right," is right.
robloxandtyler
#139503510Monday, July 07, 2014 5:09 AM GMT

I read alot of this didnt finish it probely not half way done with it but why don't you just make your own game like that?
ragemagick
#139517241Monday, July 07, 2014 9:11 AM GMT

@Maxomega3 Actually they do it depends on the site. .gov sites are freelance usually made by people who are paid by the government. And traffic is paid by an outer source. That's a big reason the Internet works. Nothing is free. The Internet is a business. It may not be a government, but they do get paid by a cpm (amount of money per 1000 visits) and whatnot. Not to mention other businesses pay to advertising and sponsorship so yeah they still get money. Lol sorry this thread still stands :P And I know great poem by gold. @duelingwarlord You need a good one. Take your time.
MarkSill
#139518208Monday, July 07, 2014 9:35 AM GMT

Sorry to say, but if this happened we'd lose a lot of core developers as this is pretty much goes against one of the core ideals of ROBLOX: A player can easily become a developer. Something like this would create a huge gap between builders and developers, causing protests and other things.
ragemagick
#139632347Tuesday, July 08, 2014 10:50 AM GMT

@MarkSill Can you elaborate on the going against core ideals of ROBLOX, please? I don't really understand what you mean by this. My understanding is that you're basically saying that if ROBLOX adds this people will protest because they will build, but not be accepted into BC exchange. It's more than likely that anything that catches ROBLOX's eye they'll accept. They need to keep a big variety in the market. But this doesn't have to be a part of gameplay for everyone. People are currently OK with people making more money than them (DevEx; a good update that currently almost no one can use). This idea is a system stabilizer. Goldfish isn't trying to do anything else. And I feel like everyone will be too impressed by the great changes and positive additions to ROBLOX rather than focusing on that anyways. Currently there is no easy way to become a developer. The road is hard and grueling. This would make it a way easier process, but it still won't be easy. Easier; not easy. I don't understand why people would protest anymore than they do normal updates (price floor, animations, etc). Can you explain please and thank you.
Cycrum
#139806769Wednesday, July 09, 2014 10:51 PM GMT

Bump to keep this topic going.
LittleL0L
#139807478Wednesday, July 09, 2014 10:58 PM GMT

Try using key points, that's a bit too long.
maxomega3
#139809519Wednesday, July 09, 2014 11:17 PM GMT

If they get paid: 1) it's not by the government, since no one government owns the Internet 2) it's probably the site provider, but it's almost unheard of. Website providers charge for a custom URL and server usage and maintenance. (if you don't have your own)
ragemagick
#139825446Thursday, July 10, 2014 1:50 AM GMT

@maxomega3 Not site wise. They get paid for the attractions (games, blogs, etc). They do get paid for traffic (cpm). I don't know who pays them but they do. Games wise they would make money based on what they do with be game. They can sell game licenses, add in Microtransactions, and be sponsored and provide adspace. The bottom line is there is still a profit in this freelance market so arguing that there isn't isn't true.
Jascha
#139825940Thursday, July 10, 2014 1:55 AM GMT

No one's replied to gold yet. duelingwarlord and Ellos1 may have needed replies, but goldfish needs a reply as well. He already pretty much disproved Ellos' argument and made it irrelevant. Currently he's made good points that no one has countered as of yet. So basically there's more going for the support team right now.
miniapollo17
#139840643Thursday, July 10, 2014 4:32 AM GMT

"But this problem has grown to be quite collosal Big problems need big solutions is a less spoken motto." I honestly skimmed after this part, where you ruined the rhyme :( It sounds good, but honestly I probably would leave if it changed to a whole new thing like this.
Ellos1
#139843744Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:04 AM GMT

I'm sad that no-one dissected my argument... ;-; But seriously, this post is going to be short and simple, it's only gonna have one point. If ROBUX are the reason that goldfish wants this change, then I think we all need to calm down and look "Why is ROBUX causing inflation bad in the first place?" I've been playing this game for a while and to be honest, since this update is for NBC'er community, would NBC'er even be happy or sad at this change? Guys, to even CARE about the economy you would've had to have gotten BC at one point in your life. Sure, things cost a LOT more then what they did back in 2010 but, does any NBC'er really care? Old players get used to it and new players think it's been this way all the time. BUT WAIT, you say! Ignoring NBC'ers is bad! This is a company, and you have to be a little ruthless sometimes. Also, ROBLOX is one of the most community-active companies ever! It may not seem like it, but they LISTEN! They truly honestly do. The average NBC'er now-a-days has WAY more rights than back in my hay-day. Oh and again, my main argument is that if ROBLOX realized that if they could make a significant amount of money/players happy by changing their payment model THEY TOTALLY WOULD'VE by now! The current system works, and why change it? ROBLOX is my favorite game of all time and I've only ever spent $0.99 on it! NBC'er rights are amazing, ROBUX doesn't need to go away!
iDeveIop
#139843995Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:07 AM GMT

Skimmed over everything first word second word skip 10000 finished No support, this would be unfair to the gamemakers. ◉This is not a Signature, back off n0b◉
Oddumadbro9003
#139844103Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:08 AM GMT

tl;dr Want Some RT Donuts?😕 Follow me on twitter!:https://twitter.com/Oddumadbro
goldfishmemories
#140023885Friday, July 11, 2014 9:40 PM GMT

@Ellos1 My post wasn't enough? ;) R$ inflation can crash ROBLOX. That's the only reason I'm saying stop R$ purchases. And to me that's a pretty good reason. This change isn't very big to be honest in its effect. It doesn't affect any part of your daily routine. This isn't just for NBCers. Every party reaps benefits. You've spent $1 on ROBLOX? I've spent $100. I do care by your logic (I'm an alt (;). There are people who can't spend any money on ROBLOX. NBCer rights are amazing considering the circumstance. But ROBLOX doesn't exactly need to be sufficient off of player wallets with this update, which is a good thing. Why would anyone not want that? We should strive to do better in everything we do. This has a lot of positive outcomes that make it worth the trouble. Maybe they haven't thought of this yet, which is why suggestions exist. And I never said ROBUX needs to go away. I've said that it can't be sold because it endangers ROBLOX's stability. Just so you know once I get back on a computer I will be reposting this thread with everything fixed and improvements added. I think that you should stick around for it because you may be intrigued and might support because I have enough information to get it going on a more favorable path than it is right now. Now I just need to perfect my ideas. I know that this seems like a final draft, but it's really only another draft before the real thing. This feedback has helped me, and I thank you. But no feedback will ever destroy me. Key points: 1. ROBUX doesn't cause inflation. R$ purchases do (BC is a R$ purchase as well because it gives a R$ stipend and bonus R$ for first time buyers). ROBUX and BC are not removed. 2. Inflation is bad enough to be taken out (it can cause ROBLOX's downfall if it gets too bad, and it's progressing towards that slowly). If you have an opportunity to fix all bad parts of something you should take it. 3. This is not the final draft and a repost is coming. This idea will only get better and stronger. It cannot be destroyed. Most don't want it to be either. I will make my next thread even stronger and overally better. This has been a learning experience. I did things wrong in my OP that I won't do in the next thread. And I thank you all for the big amounts of feedback and support given (20 pages is no small feat). That's all for now.
Cycrum
#140213016Sunday, July 13, 2014 6:29 PM GMT

Bump. If this suggestion falls, I will make a suggestion that will obliterate NBC'ers for good.
SuperHero12346
#140571808Thursday, July 17, 2014 12:33 AM GMT

So the new thread is on the way? Ok then. I guess we can let this thread stay dormant until further notice then. ;)
HakaiSuruCat
#140573485Thursday, July 17, 2014 12:52 AM GMT

I slept halfway through the rant... I don't know what is says but SUPPORT!
Ellos1
#140574918Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:08 AM GMT

Okay, I've changed my stance. I'll go from 0/10 to 5/10 meaning I could care less about anything that happens on this site as long as it doesn't change my daily routine... and after thinking about it I don't think it does. (Though, they would have to add in-game party/chat notifications... group alerts, PM notifications to make sure people who are off-site most of the time know what's happening back here.) I still had a few arguments I had ready to throw at you, but I think I've come to accept it. The ideas weren't even that good TBH.
IronForumer
#140575333Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:12 AM GMT

Still support. "If I reply meanly, it's because you've said something stupid. Not that I care if I offended you 80 percent of the time." -Me
mrbobbilly
#140576337Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:23 AM GMT

#WNTS ! No support.
jjj344
#140578899Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:48 AM GMT

@mrbob Your srsly saying WNTS after he typed up this long thread. I think ROBLOX needs to look into this. If I had enough pennies from complainers, I'd likely get around a Billion pennies or 1 Million Dollars! I would have bot's buying me ROBUX and the economy would explode! - jjj344, Steam: jakey344
daniel9876543219
#140579592Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:55 AM GMT

what if youre not a good builder and cant make good places???
#140580554Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:03 AM GMT

Well... Crap.
Yasune
#140582705Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:24 AM GMT

TL;DR much? Dis guy is better den u ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)