of     1   

DracoTheSecond
#140009823Friday, July 11, 2014 7:18 PM GMT

Hey everyone, So I'm having some problems with ClickDetectors. In my game, everyone starts with a ClickDetector and a script inside them. The script runs when the ClickDetector is "clicked". Problem is, no matter what part of the body the ClickDetector is placed inside, you cannot click! Any help?
3x3X
#140010419Friday, July 11, 2014 7:23 PM GMT

By 'you cannot click', do you the cursor doesn't change icons, indicating a clickable object, or the function does not run? If it doesn't change icons, it's possible the range is not very far, to fix this, change the property ClickRange, or something along those lines (I don't remember the exact name). If that isn't the problem, keep in mind that objects aren't clickable if you're in edit mode. And if you're testing in edit mode with a player, you can't click if you have any tools selected like "Move","Resize",etc, so just click them to disable them. If the function isn't running, check that the connection code is [your object].ClickDetector.MouseClick:connect([your function here]), and make sure the object and function are not mispelled
3x3X
#140010764Friday, July 11, 2014 7:27 PM GMT

Hold on, I missed the part about them being inside the player. It's possible that since the player parts are locked, that that could restrict clicking ability. Go over all the parts of the player and uncheck the "Locked" property
DracoTheSecond
#140012983Friday, July 11, 2014 7:48 PM GMT

Just a bit of background... I've been working on this all week and had no idea what the problem was. I then went on Studio and used the Server thing (Create your own testing server with players controlled by you) and realised that you cannot click yourself. It worked fine all along! If you're interested in what I was using it for though, check out my game. Go to my profile and it's the one titled "Operation: Lockdown". There's not much but I believe it's working...

of     1