of     1   

FIRECAKE
#140688979Friday, July 18, 2014 1:30 AM GMT

the mISL will probably not make it through the season, and i would be astonished if it did. i was pushing for minor league affiliate teams for reasons that are exactly what we are seeing right now as i'm trying to get this thing kick started. 1. FAs are generally uninterested in the minor leagues i messaged ~70 people on the FA list in attempt to get them to join the minor leagues. the current system we have in place makes it so that they can play whenever they want and get signed whenever they want by an ISL team. free playing time and a chance to get noticed and leave the minor leagues at any time, a golden ticket, but yet we are barely scraping together 4 people per roster and we only have 4 teams. 2. players who are interested in playing are stuck in the ISL where they will get no playing time why have roster limits of 15 when we know that starters will start and the only people who can realistically expect to see playing time are proven players who will be #1 and #2 off the bench??? the current system has teams of 5 players with another 10 being used as playing chips in trades. how many times is a prospect realistically going to see the field in a close game? everyone is going out to win a title, and to do that you simply have to win games, and to do that, you have to put good players on the field. in the pre-season, subs were forced. after that, it's every man for himself, and the starters will start and the bench players will usually not play. however, if we send the regular bench players to the minor leagues where they can get equal playing time because the games don't count for anything, then they will be happy because a) they are getting to work on their games and, most importantly b) they are getting playing time. to reiterate, it's really screwing over the players to have a system in place that forces the teams to put their best players on the field all the time or inevitably lose the game. you could say, "well yeah it's roblox," but losing's never fun for anybody. we're out here to have fun, but we're not going to have much fun while we're going 0-10 every season. 3. players are not guaranteed to stay in the league at all in the ISL players are under "contract," where they are locked down to their teams and must stay on that team unless they are traded by the owner. in the mISL with the current model, we are naturally made up of unsigned free agents who can be signed at any time. additionally, we do not have a guaranteed supply of players coming in to the mISL. this means our demand is virtually unlimited and our supply is inconsistent and relatively nonexistant. everyone who wants to join the minor leagues will have done so at a certain point and we will have no new players coming in to replace the players who are taken by the ISL teams. under an affiliate system, we would by nature have the same amount of players going up as coming down to and from the ISL. if a player is called up to a maxxed out roster, the team would have to send someone down. this keeps a constant balance of players in the ISL and in the mISL. --- my ideal system looks like a multi-tier system, a true minor league system: Tier I. ISL - regular league Tier II. mISL (AAA) - minor league affiliate teams, players transfered up and down at any time, playing full season, managed by team staff Tier III. mISL (AA) - minor league affiliate teams, players transferred up and down at any time, equal playing time for all players, playing shortened season, managed by team staff Tier IV. mISL (A) - free agent rosters, signed by teams at any time, equal playing time for all players, playing shortened season, managed by volunteers this will probably not be in place for seasons to come if ever, but it's what i want would want the minor leagues to look like, and it's what an all-inclusive league should look like. keep in mind it currently looks like this: Tier I. ISL - regular league Tier II. mISL (A) - free agent rosters, signed by teams at any time, equal playing time for all players, playing shortened season, managed by volunteers /rant
MisterGrammar
#140689122Friday, July 18, 2014 1:31 AM GMT

could people join the minors even if they have zero or sport experience
FIRECAKE
#140689345Friday, July 18, 2014 1:33 AM GMT

yes you need to register as a FA in the ISL though
MisterGrammar
#140689391Friday, July 18, 2014 1:34 AM GMT

oh ok link???
superfunnyhappyguy
#140689396Friday, July 18, 2014 1:34 AM GMT

i hope this doesn't die. Nobody wants me cuz they dont see me paly
ebenton95
#140689443Friday, July 18, 2014 1:34 AM GMT

make the teams affiliated to isl teams next season then and have this league just be for fun and allow players signed in the ISL be allowed to play here for this season.
FIRECAKE
#140689941Friday, July 18, 2014 1:39 AM GMT

"make the teams affiliated to isl teams next season then and have this league just be for fun and allow players signed in the ISL be allowed to play here for this season." that is what i am trying to do i doubt we will get enough support to run both next season, though
HarperOfTheFreeNorth
#140690029Friday, July 18, 2014 1:40 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
FIRECAKE
#140692472Friday, July 18, 2014 2:04 AM GMT

harper are u being serious because i can put you on a team
darksideadmin
#140693683Friday, July 18, 2014 2:15 AM GMT

You can start a beta season thi season but... I would not have any FAs anymore. I would just have trades and minor league affilate teams. Lets say there are 25 people on a team (like there were at the beginning without dropped FAs) You could have 12 people in tier one 8 in tier two (2v2 games if necessary) Then 5-7 people in tier 3
FIRECAKE
#140697706Friday, July 18, 2014 2:55 AM GMT

we have a rapidly growing player base, starting around, what, 30 players per season in the first 10, then 80+ last season, now 150+, and it we can only assume it will grow next season if something is not done to correctly compensate for the growth while retaining interest in the game the league will tank real fast my 4 tier system is probably a ways off, partly because we would need to test the waters with the first tiers first and partly because we need to get more people interested in volunteering to take on managerial and referee positions to help the league run smoothly but in short we need to decrease roster sizes and increase the number of teams so that we can maintain the interest in the game
HarperOfTheFreeNorth
#140697984Friday, July 18, 2014 2:58 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
darksideadmin
#140698545Friday, July 18, 2014 3:04 AM GMT

If we get 190 players next season. 8 teams for tier one, two, and three. 24 teams in all. Tier one would have 10 players on a team. (100 players left) Tier two would have 8 players on a team. (36 left) Tier three would have around 6 players, but games could be 2v2
nintendo566
#140698704Friday, July 18, 2014 3:06 AM GMT

or we have two tiers and a practice squad "Being a Mets fan is like lending someone a lot of money and you just know that you'll never get paid back." - John Oliver
Iking01
#140702560Friday, July 18, 2014 3:47 AM GMT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8
wiskehgotbanned
#180614168Tuesday, December 29, 2015 8:45 PM GMT

mISL!

of     1