of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

son588
#145019465Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:15 PM GMT

Now, before you go on reading this thread, I advise you that if you disagree with me, that is your problem. --- I've taken a break from Roblox a little bit ago, and I recently started to play again. (As recent as 2 days ago.) I was surprised that profanity was not being blocked from the game. However, the rules of Roblox clearly states: "Do not post profanity in any form. The filter blocks most profanity, but misspellings and disguising bad language in order to bypass the language filters is also not permitted" This means two things: 1.) Roblox's Anti-Profanity filter is broken and/or off. - If a game has a separate chat, then Roblox should make it so that the Anti-Profanity scans all the strings (text) to check for any profanity instead of just checking though the chat log. I know that it's too hard for Roblox to manage all of this, but that's why their is a filter in the first place. 2.) Roblox needs to figure out better ways to prevent profanity in their games. Children are secretly swearing on a online game without their parents being aware of this. I know a lot of people swear, including children; However, if a child under the age of 13 joins Roblox, they and their parent(s) are supposed to read though the rules. Which means that they shouldn't be swearing, at all. --- Thanks for reading this thread. And I'm sorry if I'm being the "over-protective mother" right now, but I cannot play this game while I see little children trying to act "kool" with their "sweg" and over-use of profanity. I've been playing this game for over 4 years now, and I preferably like it how it was in the past. - Son.
son588
#145019631Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:18 PM GMT

If you have any suggestions to add to this, just post it in chat. I also think that Roblox should instead of warning people, they are timed-out/temperarly banned from Roblox. Each case being longer. Example: First offense: 20 Minutes. Second offense: 1 Hour. Third offense: 3 Hours. ... Also, if they are banned, they should be kicked out of the game. (Unless it's already like that.)
KrazyKronos
#145019755Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:19 PM GMT

tl;dr :]
TheDubstastrophy
#145019982Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:22 PM GMT

Finally someone said this. PREACH. So support. :D
niny6
#145020837Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:33 PM GMT

DONT SUPPORT SWEARING SHOULD BE ALLOWED WITHOUT A FILTER OR BAN HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAH MORE SWEARING
TheDubstastrophy
#145020968Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:35 PM GMT

@niny: shhhhhh...
son588
#145021044Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:36 PM GMT

This is the logic of the children who are swearing. So GG to you mate for having the behavior of a child. (Unless you are one. :P)
KrazyKronos
#145022120Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:49 PM GMT

But i'm a badass?
CommanderwolfXX
#145022393Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:52 PM GMT

support
son588
#145024722Monday, September 01, 2014 12:20 AM GMT

@KrazyOtaku Maybe you are one, maybe you are. :)
TehTechiePlayz
#145025115Monday, September 01, 2014 12:25 AM GMT

Support. The censorship system censors the good words now :(
Firewarrior321
#145026148Monday, September 01, 2014 12:38 AM GMT

"Now, before you go on reading this thread, I advise you that if you disagree with me, that is your problem." • Actually, it is your problem. If lots of people disagree with you, you probably have a bad idea. "I've taken a break from Roblox a little bit ago, and I recently started to play again. (As recent as 2 days ago.)" • Good to know. "I was surprised that profanity was not being blocked from the game." • You are easily surprised. • People has always cussed on ROBLOX. "However, the rules of Roblox clearly states: 'Do not post profanity in any form. The filter blocks most profanity, but misspellings and disguising bad language in order to bypass the language filters is also not permitted'" • Does not mean that ROBLOX will waste time and effort to keep a nine year old suffering from mental slowness from saying "fvk u deuchbog i fvkin had tht kill noob“. "This means two things: 1.) Roblox's Anti-Profanity filter is broken and/or off." • Do you even count, bro? • Or maybe they only care to a certain extent. My estimate would be approximately 0.1 care units. "- If a game has a separate chat, then Roblox should make it so that the Anti-Profanity scans all the strings (text) to check for any profanity instead of just checking though the chat log. " • Oh boy. Can't wait for that. The whitelist changing every username in the playerlist to "#####". Boom. Ruined games. • Most chat logs already have a censor. • Most games do not have a custom chat log, so this is not a huge issue. "I know that it's too hard for Roblox to manage all of this, but that's why their is a filter in the first place." • Logic even lift does your? "2.) Roblox needs to figure out better ways to prevent profanity in their games." • Or, they could realise that immature weasels on ROBLOX will curse anyway. The blacklist is fine. Sometime, somewhere, someone IS going to cuss. That is life. If some immature snot-rag cannot handle someone in-game saying: "Well then, you're an ass!" then they can go live under a rock. The only reasons ROBLOX even has a filter is because their market consists of 6-16 year olds. They do not want parents saying "OH NOES! Someone cussed in that game! My child is forever FORBIDDEN from this website!". "Children are secretly swearing on a online game without their parents being aware of this." • Good deduction, Watson. "I know a lot of people swear, including children[.]" • Good deduction, Watson. [2] "...However, if a child under the age of 13 joins Roblox, they and their parent(s) are supposed to read though the rules." • Good deduction, Watson. [3] "Which means that they shouldn't be swearing, at all." • Good deduction, Watson. [4] "Thanks for reading this thread." • Right now, I do not want a "thanks" for reading this thread. I want an apology for you posting it. "And I'm sorry if I'm being the 'over-protective mother' right now, but I cannot play this game while I see little children trying to act 'kool' with their 'sweg' and over-use of profanity." • If you were sorry, you would have clicked "cancel". • Those same children will either mature and realise their stupidity, or fail at life. • If profanity offends you to the point of quitting a game, you might as well go live under a rock. "I've been playing this game for over 4 years now, and I preferably like it how it was in the past. " • Irrelevant. >I will rip out your duodenum
Firewarrior321
#145026223Monday, September 01, 2014 12:39 AM GMT

Final verdict: The censor is fine, so long as you are an adolescent. The whitelist is awful. No support. >I will rip out your duodenum
KrazyKronos
#145027106Monday, September 01, 2014 12:48 AM GMT

-slow clap for firewarrior-
blockzbuilderz
#145027198Monday, September 01, 2014 12:49 AM GMT

Support most parents don't even know what their kids are saying online and if they did Roblox might shut down since parents would no longer pay for their kids memberships and robux.
Firewarrior321
#145027339Monday, September 01, 2014 12:51 AM GMT

@Blockbuildderz: Boo hoo. >I will rip out your duodenum
son588
#145032108Monday, September 01, 2014 1:46 AM GMT

@Firewarrior321 Good job for spending about 30 minutes writing that and asking your parents multiple times for proof reading. (Not in order:) "Actually, it is your problem. If lots of people disagree with you, you probably have a bad idea." - You know m8, if you literately dislike this concept/idea, then why bother posting so much for no reason? Their is a big difference between saying "I don't support this" and writing paragraphs trying to act like you know things. "Oh boy. Can't wait for that. The whitelist changing every username in the playerlist to "#####". Boom. Ruined games." - Hopefully you understand that all account (or almost all accounts) that had profanity in their names has been banned. (Unless I'm wrong.) And I'm legitimately sorry if Roblox makes mistakes on this and cause every word to be ####. If it does result to that however, then that's the developers at Roblox's problem. The system I'm asking for is not big, and it's not supposed to. "Or, they could realise that immature weasels on ROBLOX will curse anyway. The blacklist is fine. Sometime, somewhere, someone IS going to cuss." - Obviously. I just think it could be turned down a bit. "They do not want parents saying "OH NOES! Someone cussed in that game! My child is forever FORBIDDEN from this website!"." - If any parent did that, I will loose faith in humanity. """Children are secretly swearing on a online game without their parents being aware of this." • Good deduction, Watson. " - Hopefully you understand that I'm talking about kids between the age of 6-10/11. "Right now, I do not want a "thanks" for reading this thread. I want an apology for you posting it." - GL with that. [1] "Irrelevant." - Irrelevant. ">I will rip out your duodenum" - GL with that. [2] Also: Maybe I wrote stuff that wasn't exactly right/makes sense/relevent, but I'm sorry if Roblox doesn't have any "Edit thread" after post button. (Unless I'm blind.) --- The point of this thread is to at least reduce the amount of swearing in this game. Their is older people on this game who don't mind it, but it's only the people who are on the forums. Hopefully you understand that majority of the people on Roblox are pretty young. I personally don't care about swearing at all, however; it does get annoying* when you see children throwing words back and forth to each-other. *Maybe I'm a guy that gets annoyed easily. --- If their is no effort put into this idea/thingy. Then I'll guess swearing is allowed, which then I'll just don't care.
soived
#145032322Monday, September 01, 2014 1:49 AM GMT

http://youtu.be/5GgflscOmW8?t=5s
son588
#145032503Monday, September 01, 2014 1:51 AM GMT

@soived 10/10, much learned.
XenonLi
#145032930Monday, September 01, 2014 1:56 AM GMT

pointing out flaws in the system doesn't magically give them the ability to destroy them k
son588
#145033052Monday, September 01, 2014 1:58 AM GMT

@ArcticSorcery Wow man, I never knew that. [/sarcasm]
Firewarrior321
#145033562Monday, September 01, 2014 2:04 AM GMT

@Son "Good job for spending about 30 minutes writing that and asking your parents multiple times for proof reading." > Took less than thirty minutes, I am not a slow typer. > Nice false assumption you made up to make yourself feel better. "(Not in order:)" > Wonder why. ""Actually, it is your problem. If lots of people disagree with you, you probably have a bad idea." - You know m8, if you literately dislike this concept/idea, then why bother posting so much for no reason? Their is a big difference between saying "I don't support this" and writing paragraphs trying to act like you know things. " > The difference being that one is a lazy troll and the other is a competent person who wants to give reasons why the idea is stupid. ""Oh boy. Can't wait for that. The whitelist changing every username in the playerlist to "#####". Boom. Ruined games." - Hopefully you understand that all account (or almost all accounts) that had profanity in their names has been banned. (Unless I'm wrong.) And I'm legitimately sorry if Roblox makes mistakes on this and cause every word to be ####. If it does result to that however, then that's the developers at Roblox's problem. The system I'm asking for is not big, and it's not supposed to." > 1st sentence: *Facepalm* Does logic even your lift? > Other sentences: Good job passing the blame. ""Or, they could realise that immature weasels on ROBLOX will curse anyway. The blacklist is fine. Sometime, somewhere, someone IS going to cuss." - Obviously. I just think it could be turned down a bit. " > Good luck getting brats to stop cursing. ""They do not want parents saying "OH NOES! Someone cussed in that game! My child is forever FORBIDDEN from this website!"." - If any parent did that, I will loose faith in humanity. " > Yet your post is predicated on it. """"Children are secretly swearing on a online game without their parents being aware of this." • Good deduction, Watson. " - Hopefully you understand that I'm talking about kids between the age of 6-10/11." > Yes, I do understand. ""Irrelevant." - Irrelevant." >Irrelevant. "Maybe I wrote stuff that wasn't exactly right/makes sense/relevent, but I'm sorry if Roblox doesn't have any "Edit thread" after post button. (Unless I'm blind.)" > Nope, no edit button. "The point of this thread is to at least reduce the amount of swearing in this game." > Good goal to have. "Their is older people on this game who don't mind it, but it's only the people who are on the forums. Hopefully you understand that majority of the people on Roblox are pretty young." > Not sure what you mean by "only the forums". On the contrary, most the posts on the forums are created by said immature weasels. >I will rip out your duodenum
Tenako
#145034369Monday, September 01, 2014 2:14 AM GMT

Kids 11+ can swear. Cookies ~In the Wind~ Cookies
PokeShadow77
#145035119Monday, September 01, 2014 2:23 AM GMT

Firewarrior321 won. By the way, people already swear a lot in real life anyway, so what's the point? None, so it doesn't matter, who gives a ####. Think about a problem in Roblox that is actually productive, like removing price floor (at least that suggestion makes more sense then this). This idea is literally obsolete. ~ Do you want to see the Rabbits David? ~
Syref
#145035759Monday, September 01, 2014 2:30 AM GMT

Some support, I'm not seriously against swearing people but I would like this game to be on a decent childrens game line, and keep maturity away. DOWN WITH THE SUCKY WHITELIST THAT BLEEPS EVERYTHING OUT

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right