of     1   

EpicBoyMike
#145336113Thursday, September 04, 2014 9:36 PM GMT

go open free model catalog search pistol first three models are pistols, fourth one is a shotgun, fifth is an uzi. the sixth is a Robotic-Golem-That-Obeys-Commands-Fav-it with this in description "Tags: gt500 nfs speed Jeep Fast fastest Most Pistol gun guns flamethrower rocket rocketlauncher launcer flame fire cool weird awesome mustang sdaly Zombie Jeep Tank Tool Tools Guns Weapon pistol giver nuke warhead tank best made hand made nuke ever car bus vehicle load save hide invisibility invincibility ford swearing build kit make a nuke awesome best of the best ultra ultimate omega sale mega Alfa Omega Halo Star Wars Yoda Storm Trooper Kimono Ninja Yu-Gi-Oh! Turbo Plane Jet Heli Helicopter Clone Trooper... cow, cows, stripes, cats, stealth pilot, telamon, free VIP, funny, awesome, green flame, flames, codysuber12, dogs, fur, gir, builderman, anti noob, fat, muscle, super, superman, spiderman, green goblin, joker, jacket, free jacked, fun, VIP, 1waffle1, cafe, orange, blue, grey, black, red, purple, turqoise, stripes, DC, volcom, tan, pink, coolest, best, mone" the next model is a "Your-Own-BodyGuard-50K" tags: National Reconnaissance Office,Las Vegas,National ,Reconnaissance,Office,bodyguard,body guard,your,own,body,guard,SecretAgent,Secret Agent,exploit,failure,admin,ryan,kohl,Kohl's Admin Commands,Lua Model Maker,admin,GUI,gui,admingui,admin gui,Admin GUI,a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z,admin,Admin,ROBUX,Tickets,Tix,R$,T$,hack,exploit,hack exploit,trainer,level 7 exploit,ROBLOX,noob,guns,gun,pistol,AK-47,USA,exploit,troainer,youtube,chat,chat gui,roblox,your,own,body,ssj,goku,dragon ball z,dbz,tickets,1000million robux,part,poop,pee,naked,ew,car,truck,gui,surface,gui,lol,epic then there is a water park tags : Revolver, Rocket, Pistol, Gun, Nuke, Admin, sword, admin commands, zombies, player, noob, tool, map, giant, nub, fire, staff, water, god, Powers, car, Human, player, fight, place, air, chain gun, chain, turdulator, loleris, Thegamer101, soul, soul wars, mad wars, tf2, Team, Fortress,2, Team Fortress 2, model, hacks, gui, ship, plane, boat, hq there is an army heli, okay i guess, an army base...then a radio pack...pistol giver, desert map, epic sniper, shotgun, heli tool, A GIRL HAIR HAT, A FLASHLIGHT, A BLUE GUY NAMED "invinsible monster", an orb, a nuke, a cinema, a dominus, an orb. in one page. chaingun, girl hair, bugatti, some machine gun, knife, camp fire, zombie pit, admin giver, some hair, a fountain, a cap, a car, another campfire, a swordfighting tournament lobby, a Delta-Ranger-That-Obeys-Commands-Fav-it, shades, floor lamp, fedora, girl hair, orb, disaster game, all this in page two of searching for "pistol" do something, make tags against the rules or something
FEMATRIX7
#145336481Thursday, September 04, 2014 9:40 PM GMT

You say they ruin the catalog, they are what they are, which is, a form of advertisement. Although you may be a bit confused when you type 'green dragon' on shirts and it comes up with muscle shirts and pink unicorn tank tops but as long as the description is non-offensive, the creator of the model/shirt/audio has full control over what goes in that box. In a way, I feel you and it is spam-like but it just means you will have to fight it via increasing how specific you are in your search endeavors. Have a good day!
EpicBoyMike
#145337760Thursday, September 04, 2014 9:54 PM GMT

Hello, FEMATRIX7. "You say they ruin the catalog, they are what they are, which is, a form of advertisement." Yes, they are a form of advertisement. Fake advertisement. I believe that the majority of the users of ROBLOX do not like fake advertisement. I understand "army" and "war" being in tags of a pistol, but not "rainbow", "unicorn", "lol", "kohlsadmin". "Although you may be a bit confused when you type 'green dragon' on shirts and it comes up with muscle shirts and pink unicorn tank tops but as long as the description is non-offensive, the creator of the model/shirt/audio has full control over what goes in that box." When I am searching "green dragon" on shirts, I am searching for "green dragon". At the moment I want a green dragon shirt. Not a "SUPER MUSCLE FAV BEFORE BUYING!!! 5K TAKES". The creator has full control of the description. I understand that. The description however, should be accurate. "In a way, I feel you and it is spam-like but it just means you will have to fight it via increasing how specific you are in your search endeavors." Increasing specificness somewhat helps, but there are still the occasional "ADMIN ROOM" and "SUPER DOGFIGHT" along with "COOL ORB FAV". Possible solution : Make it so that only the title affects the search results, not the description. Sincerely, EpicBoyMike
FEMATRIX7
#145338216Thursday, September 04, 2014 9:59 PM GMT

Granted that idea you had at the bottom of your post is good but that would just encourage creators to milk the title length boundary in hopes of fitting in as many possible tags as they can. I'm on the same page as you 100% but until that idea is implemented, we're just gonna' have to live with it because, at the end of the day, it isn't false advertising, maybe from your perspective but from theirs it serves it's purpose because it generates more sales and views for them. I have to say, you're the first i've seen call it out, i noticed in 09 and i've hated it ever since however, we've been on ROBLOX long enough to know that people will do anything for attention, whether it is to be directed at them or at an item they have created.
EpicBoyMike
#145339063Thursday, September 04, 2014 10:09 PM GMT

Hello, FEMATRIX7 "That would just encourage creators to milk the title length boundary in hopes of fitting in as many possible tags as they can." The titles have a boundary so the creators can't fit around 10 tags in it. Plus, I wouldn't be appealed by a "CAT SUPER EPIC LOL ARMY" title with a dominus hat in it. "But from theirs it serves it's purpose because it generates more sales and views for them." Free models are free, the creators do not gain anything from them. Same for decals. Maybe this could be implemented for the free models/decals in the develop category? They ARE in a different place from the catalog after all.
FEMATRIX7
#145339335Thursday, September 04, 2014 10:12 PM GMT

Gain anything? are you forgetting about popularity? buzz in other words, why would anybody put up tags in free models if not for buzz, recognition. Boundaries shmoundaries, people will find a way around the title length issue if they should ever face that scenario.
EpicBoyMike
#145339808Thursday, September 04, 2014 10:18 PM GMT

Popularity? Hm...I do not really think that anyone will remember the name of the guy who made that machine gun they used in their game. I don't. Anyway, the ROBLOX developers should make the title boundary reliable, so it may not be easily broken.
FEMATRIX7
#145340190Thursday, September 04, 2014 10:23 PM GMT

'And there you have it, the resolution reached in <10 posts, it's ok, thank me when ROBLOX never implements this. They seem to skip stuff like this, until a few years later when they change it along with a variety of other changes, I wouldn't get my hopes up :(
KingKeith55
#145340845Thursday, September 04, 2014 10:31 PM GMT

true, roblox does not litsen to good ideas. they seem to just hover over the ones that are kind of un needed.
FEMATRIX7
#145341079Thursday, September 04, 2014 10:35 PM GMT

The king has spoken :|
jjcool85
#147804849Sunday, October 12, 2014 1:42 PM GMT

ihate tags,cant find anything new to buy in catalog,i search anything and all this stuff for girls shows up like what the heck man!

of     1