of     1   

Ultraelite
#147769801Saturday, October 11, 2014 11:06 PM GMT

Your city state fears and hates you, frequent plots to take the state from you are prominent and well organised making you doubt your allies loyalty. To your east lies a vast empire, carved out of the now long deceased husk of the Macedonian Empire: The Seleucids. Although friendly at the time, they could prove as formidable adversaries if they choose that your land now belongs to them. Recently, a city-state, a satrap of the Seleucids have became known to you, the City-State of Sardis. They seem like reasonable and honest folk, but rumor forces you to doubt them and how they can be trusted. Eastern peoples, the Persae despise you and will commonly attempt to wage war with you. Also, native Cyprians may also attempt to contest your rule on this land. However, your fears and worries do not end there. The shattered remnants of the Macedonian Empire still cling to a few city-states in the Seleucid lands, and from the mainland of Greece they continue to try and re-establish their law. The true question is obvious. Will you remain loyal to Macedon, or will you serve the new empire in their glorious conquest? City-state Name: Υψηλήοβελίσκος Relative Age of City-State: Forty-six years. Emblem: A obelisk with greek runes encrypted on it and lanterns of greek fire hanging from the tip. Factional Colors: Black, purple and a dark green. Culture: Egyptian, Syrian and Greek. Loyalty: Trustworthy, stable. Location: Cyprus Island. To the north is Turkey, south, Egypt, to the east is Syria and Israel. Although it's still considered as a greek island. That's why I put Egyptian, Syrian and Greek. Though, it's closer to Turkey so you'll decide if it's Syria and Egypt or Syria and Turkey I guess. :) 50- Agriculture: 15 Workmanship: 10 Military Skill: 10 Trade: 8 Control: 7 -KNOWN FACTION STATS-- City-state Name: Sardis (Only to Seleucid-Loyalists.) Relative Age of City-State: One hundred years Emblem: A damaged form of the Macedonian Star. Factional Colors: Red, Green. Culture: Greek. Loyalty: Dubious Location: Turkey. 50- Agriculture: 25 Workmanship: 25 Military Skill: 25 Trade: 25 Control: 25 City-state Name: Pergamon (Only to Macedon-Loyalists) Relative Age of City-State: Sixty two years Emblem: A dead, green snake. Factional Colors: Yellow, blue Culture: Greek Loyalty: Dependent Location: Turkey 50- Agriculture: 25 Workmanship: 25 Military Skill: 25 Trade: 25 Control: 25 --Macedonian Remnants-- Agriculture: 50 Workmanship: 60 Military Skill: 60 Trade: 70 Control: 30 --Seleucid Empire-- Agriculture: 60 Workmanship: 50 Military Skill: 60 Trade: 20 Control: 100
Precisonfire23
#147770377Saturday, October 11, 2014 11:16 PM GMT

Erect wheat fields and secure a grasp on any quarries nearby. Birth is just the beginning of death.
Ultraelite
#147770452Saturday, October 11, 2014 11:17 PM GMT

The wheat fields are established, albeit slowly. A few dozen guards are posted to each most days. A few quarries are sighted, but discoveries are cut short by aggressive native Cyprians attacking the scouts.
Precisonfire23
#147835900Sunday, October 12, 2014 9:14 PM GMT

Stage a coup d'état on myself and trial a new leader to see the reaction of the community. Before the coup d'état, research farming techniques to improve the rate of food income. I want to see a list of soldiers I can recruit ATM. I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
Ultraelite
#147836879Sunday, October 12, 2014 9:28 PM GMT

The community is overall happy, as the new leader almost immediately establishes a new assembly. The farming techniques is effective, people are happy with your decision. You can recruit six thousands Hoplites at maximum, an additional 4,000 Peltasts and a dozen or so Hippeus. The leader of the new Pro-Macedon faction in the new Assembly implores you to side with the remnants of Macedon 'as it is right.' However, the leader of the Pro-Seleucid faction will block ports if you listen to the Pro-Macedon faction.
Precisonfire23
#147838716Sunday, October 12, 2014 9:56 PM GMT

With the new leader as my marionette, I order him to enforce education and begin a community poll to see which side they'll side with. I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
Ultraelite
#147838812Sunday, October 12, 2014 9:58 PM GMT

The community likes neither side particularly. They do seem to lean towards the Macedonians, perhaps out of habit.
Precisonfire23
#147838930Sunday, October 12, 2014 9:59 PM GMT

Hmm. Send a diplomat to the Seleucids to evaluate their proposals. Do the same thing with the Macedonians. I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
Ultraelite
#147870462Monday, October 13, 2014 6:16 AM GMT

The Selecuid-Faction want an immediate you to bend your knee to the Seleucids at once, so the Seleucids pay them handsomely for your cities lack of hesitation. The Macedonian Faction doesn't have much to offer, except perhaps two to three veteran phalanxes.
Precisonfire23
#147870800Monday, October 13, 2014 6:28 AM GMT

Power... or wealth... hmm... accept the Seleucids' offer but hide the wealth and accept the Macedonians' offer. Check the bursary for the amount of wealth. Upgrade the walls with this new money and build a tavern for the community. Import wine from the closest faction in turn for twelve cows. I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
Ultraelite
#147870932Monday, October 13, 2014 6:33 AM GMT

The macedonian faction is intrigued by where these sudden funds came from, but do not raise the issue at the next assembly. The guard are overall happy -- they have more siege weapons to fire at people now. Macedon imports the wine freely, but the Macedonian Faction has aroused their suspicions, and it is reluctant.
Precisonfire23
#147871067Monday, October 13, 2014 6:37 AM GMT

Tell the Macedons at the next assembly that we had a good harvest and sold it to the Egyptians for a great amount of drachmas. Open three bakeries in the park closest to the chateau. I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
Ultraelite
#147871218Monday, October 13, 2014 6:42 AM GMT

It is said, but the Macedonian Faction remains highly suspicious. Rumors of plants and spies in your court become apparent. Your will is done and the structures created -- but nobody can find bakers.
Precisonfire23
#147871407Monday, October 13, 2014 6:48 AM GMT

Hold a great feast at the abbey with the nobles of Cyprus and celebrate Demeter's blessing. Begin to research a new wafer-ish bread that can be carried with soldiers. Also make it mandatory for each male above the age of fourteen to begin "Steelbrother Training" which is when the boys begin to train to join the island's militia. Breed horses and send scouts to Egypt and northern Europe to look for bakers. I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
Ultraelite
#147871713Monday, October 13, 2014 7:00 AM GMT

The city is mostly happy, although the young youths are obviously infuriated at losing their free-time. A few dozen are found and brought.
Precisonfire23
#147871760Monday, October 13, 2014 7:02 AM GMT

Extend the curfew time of the youth by two hours so they can have a little bit of free time. Begin to make pastries for the feast. I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
Ultraelite
#147871859Monday, October 13, 2014 7:06 AM GMT

The populace rejoices for the decisions the puppet King has made, they wish him good fortune. The Seleucid Empire is demanding a taxeis of Hoplites.
Precisonfire23
#147871936Monday, October 13, 2014 7:10 AM GMT

Instead of hoplites, send the Seleucids information about Macedon. Secretly crush narcissus bulbs and mix it with a batch of bread and send it to the Seleucids. I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
Ultraelite
#147881902Monday, October 13, 2014 2:50 PM GMT

The Seleucids are not planning a campaign against Greece -- yet. However, they accept the knowledge on a 'gift' basis. The Seleucid-Faction intercepts the goods in the city, relying on a tip from a slave and confirms it. They will confront you openly.
Precisonfire23
#147898301Monday, October 13, 2014 8:07 PM GMT

Come up with an epic excuse. I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
Ultraelite
#147932626Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:18 AM GMT

They do not accept it. They demand that you hand over five thousand talents or they will alert the Seleucids.

of     1